Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 fertility plus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: fertility plus   Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 am

things been a little slow here, so I used life number 6 and checked in on Advantage where the over- achievers post daily...the bar has been raised on fertility...

"Not proud of it but I have 2 March 2012 commercial heifers that are already back down to Missouri with calves at side on April 27. Found out when we palpated heifers back in March prior to the bull sale. Checking for any reproductive tract issues and found those 2. Sure wasnt expecting it."

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Kent Powell



Posts : 500
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : SW Kansas

PostSubject: Re: fertility plus   Sat May 04, 2013 1:32 am

"my experience is that, by criticizing others, I get to experience what they experienced. "

What is the inverse of a wallhanger?
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: fertility plus   Sat May 04, 2013 6:38 am

Kent Powell wrote:
"my experience is that, by criticizing others, I get to experience what they experienced. "

What is the inverse of a wallhanger?

that`s a toughie Kent...a nail biter maybe? I`ve never experienced the whole of cattle breeding until I joined Advantage...too bad the computer challenged can`t log in...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: fertility plus   Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 am

MKeeney wrote:
Kent Powell wrote:
"my experience is that, by criticizing others, I get to experience what they experienced. "

What is the inverse of a wallhanger?

that`s a toughie Kent...a nail biter maybe? I`ve never experienced the whole of cattle breeding until I joined Advantage...too bad the computer challenged can`t log in...

Yes Mike the education over there is a thing of wonder and bewilderment, where confusion is common place and common sense left on a fast Jet some time ago. Razz Razz Although Monty Python has made a appearence or two and has left them speecheless Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
larkota



Posts : 310
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 57
Location : Kimball South Dakota

PostSubject: Grim Fairy Tale   Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 am

this from a banker.



"The bulk of the time, if you sit down and figure it out, the bigger cow will cover the additional feed cost over her lifetime when she goes to slaughter. "

"As I have stated before, choice is the new select, they have become more common due to more Angus in the cowherd as well as in the bulls breeding commercial cows, now you have to raise the bar a bit more to stay ahead of average."




I remember not so many years ago that select was the new choice.
Back to top Go down
LCP



Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-04-16
Location : north central SD

PostSubject: Re: fertility plus   Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 pm

larkota wrote:
this from a banker.



"The bulk of the time, if you sit down and figure it out, the bigger cow will cover the additional feed cost over her lifetime when she goes to slaughter. "

Probably true, when you only have to winter her twice.

"As I have stated before, choice is the new select, they have become more common due to more Angus in the cowherd as well as in the bulls breeding commercial cows, now you have to raise the bar a bit more to stay ahead of average."




I remember not so many years ago that select was the new choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: fertility plus   

Back to top Go down
 
fertility plus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Gods
» Fertilty in our hands
» Yearling vs 2 yr old (or older?)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Whatever-
Jump to: