Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am

around Harrogate; they`ll be here sale day...I`ll get you introduced...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
tc

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 am

MKeeney wrote:
around Harrogate; they`ll be here sale day...I`ll get you introduced...

sounds Good Mike...thanks
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 pm

So Mike, when does the party start Friday night?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmsvictordomino.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 pm

mrvictordomino wrote:
So Mike, when does the party start Friday night?

when the garage is bagged; the dishes are washed, and the sweeper has been run... Smile I miss Linda in ways I never dreamed of before Evil or Very Mad
then Dinner at Lees Ford; bring Janelle and come on over; might be a little chilly for the motorcycle though Smile
very light crowd for Friday night; but high quality cheers not naming any names Very Happy
the sale is kinda coming together; but like Dorothy, I have a feeling we won`t be in Kansas Surprised
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 am

Mike, do you have any Gloria Jean's Hazelnut K-cups? Betty keeps them in stock for me, but I'll bring some along with the paper plates just in case.

TD, hopefully not late for dinner.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 am

lying is going to be at a minimum at this sale; laryngitis has hit me full bore; at least you can hide laryngitis better than Pinocchio could his nose...
man, do I ever need a sale manager... burke`s at GVF, and Spring Lake, brubaker @wye, me and gar on our own Laughing
well, I do have TomD...close enough to TomB ...ON WE GO cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 am

how satisfying to sit here wondering what became of Dan U.; been about 5 years with no word...then he calls and says my bulls are getting some age; and I need to be getting a new bull ready...then he says, "I want a bull just like the two I have"...I guess there will always be some non-progressive commercial producers to accommodate we non-progressive breeders... Smile
Dan is the tax accountant for a growing KY Amish community; no one knows bottom lines better than he does...
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 am

Good luck on your sale and may all visitors and customers leave with a smile at the end of the day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OAK LANE FARM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:35 am

Mike, I wish you a very best "average" day. I admire someone who is happy when they all sell and find a home. Our Kentucky daughters have all been gone for several years but we rounded up some semen on a son that we had collected . The calves look good as I would have expected. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 am

thx guys; heading out to sort them out; feeling about as poorly as I did last fall; hoping voice holds to sale time...this is such a miniscule little happening...but it is about as much as I can and want to see after...since it`s little; it doesn`t matter as much economically as selling the load of steers across the fence from the bulls for a good price...but it matters in principle; to me at least...thx, mk
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 am

MKeeney wrote:
thx guys; heading out to sort them out; feeling about as poorly as I did last fall; hoping voice holds to sale time...this is such a miniscule little happening...but it is about as much as I can and want to see after...since it`s little; it doesn`t matter as much economically as selling the load of steers across the fence from the bulls for a good price...but it matters in principle; to me at least...thx, mk

Hope all goes well, too.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 am

Mike I wish you no luck, as I am sure luck was not used in making them or selling them.

Keeney Angus where the cattle speak for themself as the owner cant....how refreshing.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:07 pm

larkota wrote:
Mike I wish you no luck, as I am sure luck was not used in making them or selling them.

Keeney Angus where the cattle speak for themself as the owner cant....how refreshing.

In my absence of voice, 15 year old Victorio Flores Jr gave the opening sale Welcome and was the hit of the day when he said Keeney Angus was a small operation with big ideas... the laughter was memorable, and the quote was soo right on...what a great kid cheers
We had 5 or 6 bulls left over; Unwanteds were most wanted, and a Rocketman was the sale topper...We had more heifer buyers than heifers; and welcomed new people to the gene pool concept; since I couldn`t talk, the sale was over in about 30 minutes...thanks to everyone who bought, attended, or posts at KC...the big idea can become a reality with a lot of small people pushing forward together on the road less traveled...thx, mk
Back to top Go down
Chad Chisholm

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks Chad for all the pictures...Keenan and I are friends since college; good to see us still able to laugh together while we are working...
Back to top Go down
Chad Chisholm

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Mike,

I really enjoyed the sale. I got to eavesdrop on the limited conversations you were able to have with some of the buyers.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 am

I`ll be calling some of you out of state folks today; voice is better but I feel worse...the first thing I`ll tell you is the thousands and thousands of dollars you owe me Smile
57 DEGREES this morning sure encourages one to get out and going earlier...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

you`ve really never experienced KY until you`ve drunk from a quart jar...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I hope that loosened the wallets up mike. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:25 pm

One jar of Apple Pie Moonshine got four of the bulls sold; that's a pretty good ROI for the presale gala, I'd say. And just so we're clear Wayne, KY is the abbreviation for Kentucky.

TD, proud owner of the unwanted unwanteds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Whew I am sure glad we got that out in the open Tom as i am not one to start rumors...... All trough Briann was sure to have picked up on that one if you had of been any slower. But we gotta keep you youngsters on your toes? No Ill give you credit you drank the KOOL-Aid right in front of everyone with that pic. Now are you sure it was apple pie flavored MOONSHINE or APPLE PIE flavored something else? We all saw what color it was, so its your story. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Can cattle be transgenic just by riding together ?

Quote :
bull 23
arrived today; feels quite intimidated after riding with the high dollar bulls. But after seeing his cousins and possibly a half brother he seems to feel better, especially after they told him the cows around here don't care about fancy pedigrees or epd's, they just want to have babies. Bull looks good, but then what would a person from Iowa know that buys bulls from Kentucky from a person he has never met , rather than the big dogs. Bull does look good,
thanks Tom

thank you Tom; a couple of these notes a year make my day; while commercial cattle make my living...both are among the joys of life...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

well, I hesitated to post a sale report in light of a 15 year old saying we were a small operation with big ideas, a breeder with 2200 names on his mailing list calling me an idiot, and seeing half the bull in comparison to our own, bring twice as much money, but then I remembered the cardinal rule...A good marketer knows no shame...

so from The Cow Country News latest KC ad...

We sold 28 bulls and 33 heifers to eight states at our April 6 sale; we find new breeders every year now that are tired of the rat-race of rarity; the expensive epd chase, and the cattle type merry-go-round. While the cattle bureaucrats create new hoop jumping contests rewarded at the expense of the payers rather than the players, more are shouting “Stop the Insanity” and are following our path on the road less traveled toward greater consistency and predictability.

I know; like most everyone my age that still breeds cattle, we`ve been down the show road; the performance road, the epd road; and they all ended up the same; roads that went in circles; traveled by Shakespeare`s poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.

We got off the beaten path some 25 years ago when we began to see the light from a new vision ; and every year brings closer the idea of a more reliable and economically viable method of parent stock breeding; coupled with job specific production stock which, at the lower possible cost and expenditure of labor, give the highest possible and longest lasting returns.

We’re coming to the edge now; the new breeders are in place and growing yearly; what was once a vision; is materializing before our eyes. While Rome burns and the bureaucrats fiddle; we are building the system and the genes to sustain a more profitable future that will last beyond any one man`s lifetime.

If you are one of the potential few, we invite you to visit Keeney Angus or www.keeneyscorner.com on the web to learn more. A few good yearling bulls left for sale; $2000.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 am

this cow is largely responsible for those few we can`t tag; I`m responsible for not tagging the remainder...I`m going to use her bull calf to shift more of the blame to her Smile

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 am

good to see Mark with some green grass...

Frances crossed on Erica in Mark`s sale bulls...as with KA, I think all of Mark`s are for sale, for the next generation continues the phenotype and ...AND intensifies the GENOTYPE Question

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next