Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun May 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Green grass and a nice picture makes people forget about imperfections.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun May 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Mark Day wrote:
Green grass and a nice picture makes people forget about imperfections.

thanks for the nice heifers you brought me today Mark; peas in a pod for type; and the type I like; no extremes...should I be glad or sad to say??...if you live closer to Mark than me, might as well buy your bulls from Mark...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 pm

MKeeney wrote:

thanks for the nice heifers you brought me today Mark; peas in a pod for type; and the type I like; no extremes...should I be glad or sad to say??...if you live closer to Mark than me, might as well buy your bulls from Mark...

This is what Tru-Line, or rather the long overdue redefinition of Tru-Line, means to me.

TD
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Glad you liked my combination of your genetics. Not sure if I should admit that the only way i could load those 2 bulls I brought to you was by putting halters on them and walking them into the trailer. That temperament trait that allowed me to halter break those bulls also was displayed as you walked through those heifers touching their tail heads without them raising a foot or running. I have 22 brothers to those weaned heifers still on the farm. Many of those will need to be used to feed my freezer beef customers as they say my beef is the best they have ever had. Funny how those mainstreamers can't produce the most profitable commercial cows or best tasting beef. Bulls will be available in the Fall and for a bit less than I get for my freezer beef. Thanks again for buying my entire 2012 heifer calf crop.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 am

Larkota got off early this morning with the load of bulls headed west...I`m paying for whatever gas he buys in Iowa as he drives through the state with big banners flowing with the words

Mythbuster Bulls

there`s $35,000 worth of savings on that trailer for the buyers; and it ain`t our first trip through Iowa this year Smile

WT, sorry, but
it was just too far out of the way for the trailer to drop down and drive though Arkansas Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 am

MKeeney wrote:
Larkota got off early this morning with the load of bulls headed west...I`m paying for whatever gas he buys in Iowa as he drives through the state with big banners flowing with the words

Mythbuster Bulls

there`s $35,000 worth of savings on that trailer for the buyers; and it ain`t our first trip through Iowa this year Smile

WT, sorry, but
it was just too far out of the way for the trailer to drop down and drive though Arkansas Smile

Now that is disapointing mike. Did you paint the words on that trailer? Hell i will pay for a tank of fuel if briann will spend a extra day just driving circles in IOWA. I could also think of a place or two to stop and rest awhile. It maybe a good thing that i iam not there, as briann might have to post bail somewhere, But then if he has YOUR CREDIT CARD, It may have been fun. So I guess we could have called his trip the Journeys of Pompass AL and the BULL SHITTERS. Hell Mike I would have sent a bull to Arkansas Just to piss him off. One of those high bred AI bulls that cant walk across the road. Any way SURE HOPE HE DONT GET LOST. This Time. cheers pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 pm

W.T wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

Mythbuster Bulls

WT, sorry, but

Now that is disapointing mike. Did you paint the words on that trailer? Hell i will pay for a tank of fuel if briann will spend a extra day just driving circles in IOWA. I could also think of a place or two to stop and rest awhile. It maybe a good thing that i iam not there, as briann might have to post bail somewhere, But then if he has YOUR CREDIT CARD, It may have been fun. So I guess we could have called his trip the Journeys of Pompass AL and the BULL SHITTERS. Hell Mike I would have sent a bull to Arkansas Just to piss him off. One of those high bred AI bulls that cant walk across the road. Any way SURE HOPE HE DONT GET LOST. This Time. cheers pig

UPDATE ON MYTYH BUSTER BULLS. Raining so hard in IOWA that somehow the driver got confused and made a wrong Turn at Some town called Waterloo and the next thing he knew when he woke up he was in Arkansas. hit a ditch the gate popped open and the ONE MythBuster got free. Now dam the luck mike. cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm

That bull might do for Arkansas what Crazy Horse`s stallion did for the country Where the Rivers Run North...according to the book, anyway... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 pm

That was fresh out of W.T's New bookTall Tales and Bullshit stories. Stay out of that river Mike that isn't exactly fresh water you would be swimming in. W. T thinking bullshit always flows up
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 am

One of Larkota`s observations on his first visit was my bull`s weren`t any bigger than the cows...makes for some interesting kindergarten lessons, let`s play find the bull

in honor of profit over performance and defense of inbreeding, Pete among the two year old heifers...

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 am

Unwanted types are welcomed and propagated here...

yes, her hair has been clipped...genetically and nutritionally...

I wish all the Sniff the Wind daughters were like her....surprise, surprise..like every other bull ever known to breed cows, they aren`t...
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Mike, what is the age and weight range of the Unwanted daughters? They look good.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:43 am

those are all two`s with first calves...wintered on good feed; grazed on the best of grass...there are no miracles here; I`ve never seen a miracle except in print...
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm

I appreciate my 2,year old at the time Unwanted daughters that were back in heat last year just short weeks after calving for the first time and the Unwanted son that went through a couple fences to service his half sisters and give me calves 2nd week of July this year instead of September. I had forgotten about the incidents and was shocked then pleased by the calves in the pasture and mommys doing a good job with them in 90+ heat.

Btw....I have some extra cows I need to get rid of.....calving this Fall. All well used but not all used up. Asking a bit over market price. No papers.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Mark Day wrote:
I appreciate my 2,year old at the time Unwanted daughters that were back in heat last year just short weeks after calving for the first time and the Unwanted son that went through a couple fences to service his half sisters and give me calves 2nd week of July this year instead of September. I had forgotten about the incidents and was shocked then pleased by the calves in the pasture and mommys doing a good job with them in 90+ heat.

Btw....I have some extra cows I need to get rid of.....calving this Fall. All well used but not all used up. Asking  a bit over market price. No papers.

Your heifers I bought have done well this summer Mark; prices are up a bit, but I don't see many looking to expand in this part of the country...I sold some 12 yr olds and showing it at a cow sale, springers weighing 1325, bring 1150...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 am

going to party at the cabin on the bluff by the lake has taken on a new dimension...

Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:59 am

Where's Booboo?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 pm

That a pretty good sized bear, I'd use at least 40 lb. test.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Since Linda D fishes with Joe most everyday now, it`s important we keep  the test weight low...wouldn`t take much bear/fish to take Linda out of the boat...apparently, she lassoed this one by the lower jaw...more spectacular than heeling in my opinion...

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:40 pm

It was sure a treat to check cows today with folks from Iowa...thanks Tom and Norma for going out of your way to come by...lots of fun laughing about the fool things others do; exceeded only by laughing at the fool things we have done...

fool me once; shame on you...fool me twice; shame on me....cheers 
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 pm

speaking of visitors...John Nyguist and I invite anyone who wants to hang out with us at Keeney Angus anytime during the week of OCT 12-19; come on down; over; up...calves will likely still be on cows etc...we might even dress up and go visiting some of the ELITE herds in KY...I`ll borrow an Angus Journal and find out who and where they are currently...just call; we`re going to have some fun...Bring Lisa, Briann, and we`ll definitely do Renfro Valley...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm

and
Boone Tavern

http://www.boonetavernhotel.com/history.asp

Boone Tavern is owned by Berea College and students make up about 80% of the staff at the historic hotel and restaurant. In addition to carrying full academic loads, Berea College students are required to work at least ten hours per week at Boone Tavern or one of the other 130 college departments and work areas across campus. Students earn money for books, room, and board at the College – but pay no tuition – thanks to the generosity of donors who support Berea College's mission of providing a high-quality education for students primarily from Appalachia who have high academic potential and limited financial resources.

I made my contribution by providing a good bull; we`ll see some calves...maybe eat one? Smile 
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 am

MKeeney wrote:
going to party at the cabin on the bluff by the lake has taken on a new dimension...

Rod ain`t afraid of no bears...

I`m thinking this last pic might convince Joe Dunkum to fly again when I tell him how big the fish are...
Back to top Go down
rross

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:18 am

Maybe we need a KC Gathering, where different breeds(Rainbow, Brown,Brookies, Lake Trout and Cut Throat) even a Composite-"Brookinaw" of Fish are discussed??????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013   

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next