Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I've decided to call bullshit on .....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:34 pm

MVCatt wrote:
Tom D wrote:
PatB wrote:
I wish someone would of kept the mositure and wind in this dam blizzrd that is raging outside. The newscasters and douthinkimsexy liars are saying it is the worse storm on record in portland maine. I have 12 plus inches of snow but I am unable to measure due to the drifting cause by 30 plus mile winds. It is suppose to be over by dark so cleanup can begin.

Whoa, was that a little freudian slip? You were saying something about the atmospheric conditions and then.....where did that come from? I'm sorry Pat, but no I don't.

TD

I don't know Tom let's not be so quick to judge...care to post any pics Pat?

MV...sitting inside my warm house watching the weather channel.

Chris, you get the "weather" channel? Man, your wife is cool. Mine won't let me spend the extra 20 bucks to upgrade to the premium package.

TD
Back to top Go down
MVCatt

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Tom D wrote:
MVCatt wrote:
Tom D wrote:
PatB wrote:
I wish someone would of kept the mositure and wind in this dam blizzrd that is raging outside. The newscasters and douthinkimsexy liars are saying it is the worse storm on record in portland maine. I have 12 plus inches of snow but I am unable to measure due to the drifting cause by 30 plus mile winds. It is suppose to be over by dark so cleanup can begin.

Whoa, was that a little freudian slip? You were saying something about the atmospheric conditions and then.....where did that come from? I'm sorry Pat, but no I don't.

TD

I don't know Tom let's not be so quick to judge...care to post any pics Pat?

MV...sitting inside my warm house watching the weather channel.

Chris, you get the "weather" channel? Man, your wife is cool. Mine won't let me spend the extra 20 bucks to upgrade to the premium package.

TD

Jim Contore never looked so good!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I finally read a Taleb I can understand and have experienced...

A good foe is far more loyal, far more predictable, and, to the clever, far more useful than the most valuable admirer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 pm

if my detractors knew me better they would hate me even more.

bad-mouthing is the only genuine, never faked expression of admiration.

Last edited by MKeeney on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:50 pm

a cattle breeding one...

one of the failures of "scientific approximation" in the nonlinear domain comes from the inconvenient fact that the average of expectations is different from the expectation of averages...

eg...don`t cross a river because it is on average four feet deep {jensen`s inequality}
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 am

a keeney aphroism

"with the faith of a mustard seed, I can walk on water," shouted the drowning man
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 pm

PatB wrote:
W.T wrote:
OT I got to give you all the credit in the world you smelled the trap, and didnt even get close to useing weather. once agin If you end up in Canada i at least owe you a drink. And pat No I dont think you are sexy. Laughing Laughing

Thank God Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nothings too sexy about today...Our predicted storm is kind of fizzling out- with just a skiff of snow and wind... I think its pouting because they didn't name it... Wink

Probably won't see me in Canada because I refuse to get a passport to go there...Years ago I was back and forth in Canada every few days- and it just P.O.'s me that now you need a passport to return to a country/state/county you've lived in almost your entire life....
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Well have they started looting yet. that is always the second step for the idiot's.
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:32 pm

What - North Dakotans can't find beer anywhere closer than northern England?

GF calling bullshit on OT'S BS'ing
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
What - North Dakotans can't find beer anywhere closer than northern England?

GF calling bullshit on OT'S BS'ing

Well if things get too bad they can call in the Minnesotans for help clearing the trail... They're used to handling a shiteloada snow... Wink
UFF DA !
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am

The Beginning of Your Success Starts with Us. Complete Dispersal February 22, 2013

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am

larkota wrote:
The Beginning of Your Success Starts with Us. Complete Dispersal February 22, 2013

Quote :
I'd be the first to admit it wasn't very smart of me, to withdraw my cattle from the public registration tree, which thrives on BS and hypocrisy, promoting cattle only for their own profitability, approved only by their own bureaucracy..... but fortunately for me, today there is no registered monetary reward for prepotent functional purity, and therefore not much competitive competency.

So, all is well that ends well, such are the benefits to enjoy the freedom of our inalienable rights

wouldn`t it be awful to be trapped in a con game where the only way out is to con someone else Question Question
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Since we were discussing NorDakotans and Minnesotans- I thought I would send this along in anticipation of Valentine’s Day….…
This is truly a love story of sacrifice and dedication befitting the crew of this board.................

Max & Arlene lived by a lake in Nordern Minnesota .

It vas early vinter and da lake had froze over.
Max asked Arlene if she vould valk across da frozen
lake to da yeneral store to get him some beer.

She asked him for some money but he told her, Nah,
yust put it on our tab.

So Arlene valked across, got the beer at da yeneral store,
den valked back home across the lake.

Ven she got home and gave Max his beer, she asked him,
Max, you alvays tell me not to run up da tab at da store.

Why didn't you yust give me some money?

Max replied, Vell, I didn't vant to send you out dere vit
some money ven I vasnt sure how tick the ice vas yet.

Kinda brings a tear to your eye.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 pm

OT This is a family site.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 pm

After the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guinness?" and the Guinness president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 pm

W.T wrote:
OT This is a family site.

And here I thought that was a very heartwarming and loving Norwegian family story ! Wink

Speaking of family- ice- and weather-- here is my granddaughter ice fishing with her Dad on Saturday....As you can see- the predicted snowstorm pretty much missed us- and all we got was some wind and flurries on Sunday that glared over the ice and made it slicker than a honkey tonk floor...

Hotdogs and hot cocoa to keep up the energy...

Her catch for the day...
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm

So much for all the God made a fill in the blank s
Humans are for a fact here; somehow, and all, no matter the profession they choose, act and react with various forms of "human nature"...

typical example...I disagree with the court below...fine the elevator; not the farmer...

http://www.agweb.com/article/high_court_justices_signal_support_for_monsanto_on_patents/?smartid=B0000EG21110011A00000001N&spMailingID=41020585&spUserID=Njg1NTQ3NTQ4OQS2&spJobID=178288785&spReportId=MTc4Mjg4Nzg1S0

we need to understand these rulings and ramifications for when these young bucks get cattle so good they patent the name and useage Smile

PS...fyi...Larkota is still defined as a young buck...anyone older; better have a super youthful attitude Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 am

I was just thinking about that exact thing today Mike. Not sure how to figure out all the ramifications but the Irish Black guys are already using some type of patent protection.

"Due to all Irish Black™ Cattle being trademarked, a trademark agreement must be signed at the time of bull purchase. All percentage calves must be casterated thus ensuring no impurities within the Irish Black™ breed."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am

watch the video; we`ll see if the readers think I`ve put this under the wrong topic...I just skimmed the article Smile

http://beefproducer.com/story-beef-prod-says-linebreeding-gives-consistency-14-94226

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 am

The video is 17 minutes on how to cut a ribeye steak. But the guy in the article must have about a thousand cows, to have all those different strains and linebreed them.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 pm

I guess the story needs to go under breeding philosophy...glad it is his, not mine...I still don`t like "blends" being called linebreds..
that grass won`t support a bigger cow? why not just give her more acres?
I notice "thick" is a valuable cow attribute to breeder and writer...what is the value of "thick" in a cow?...and wow, how is that cow going to fight flies with that little short tail that won`t get past the hook bones?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:24 am

testing, testing...weather, weather, weather...ok, since weather is no longer a banned word at KC; I want to get this written down in black and white so Mike Wilson will call bullshit on me if I don`t follow through...
yesterday was the last march 5 it will ever rain two cold inches on a KmA baby calf; and today is the last morning a soaked baby will awaken to two inches of snow...in shorter words, bulls are going out later...June 10 the target...two negatives; younger bulls for a yearling bull sale; if customers need older bulls; they can buy fall bulls...
two, breed back may be worse; all indications, even research, says it will be...that`s ok; we`ll do 45 days; let the chips fall where they may... two`s and three`s will get moved to fall calving; where they make 95% + breed up routinely...
quote of the day from an 85 year old farmer...
if you don`t have your living made by the time you are 65 years old, you probably never will...
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: Ive decided to call bullshit on...   Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 am

Mr. Keeney,

I have dealt with farmers for a long time. It seems a common fix or mistake is to do exactly what you should have last year. For example lets look at my horrible attempt to run a feedlot.

So the day we weaned I only sold big steers. 83 to be exact (just in case Pat B wanted to know). Then I sold 7 more steers a week later. Why I didn't sell the 7 with the 83 I will never know. All steers sold really good. Then I thought to myself the steer heifer spread is way to much and I am keeping these heifers, it will get better in a couple of weeks when the big run is over. So then the first of the year rolled around and I told myself that I will sell on the monday of martin luther king day. As that is usually a pretty good time to market. In the mean time of my greed getting the best of me, I had a nasty pinkeye outbreak, which of course I contribute to the purchased bulls from KY, not my lack of management Rolling Eyes . I only lost about 5 eyes, I am sure the buyers will love them. Then I bangs vaccinated and vaccinated for pinkeye, which must have worked as I have had no pinkeye since, either that or its waiting till I let my guard down. (112 for Pat B). Then 2 Days later a big heifer died (1 for Pat B). Then I sold 35 dink heifers. Then 1 heifer broke her front leg. Oh well, I thought shit happens. Then about 15 days later another broke her leg. Then the leg breaking bale feeder got a retrofit. The whole time the heifer market has been going down to sideways. I have only went through about 140 bales of hay. So next year I am going to cut out the 40 heifers that I like the best, the rest are going on a bus. Or is that a bad reaction to a problem that doesn't normally occur.

Last year I did almost the same thing, had no deaths and no pinkeye and the market went up.

It seems the more I have dealt with farmers/and myself it seems they/me always do what they should have done last year. Regardless of prior years. Our memory is short.

I calve the 10th of april. However, the worst storm ever to kill a bunch of calves happened on the first of May. (killed 37 just for Pat B). I will say the 2nd of May was a nice day to snowmobile. So using your logic I shouldn't calve till the 10th of May. (which all bullshit aside I might.)

Don't make hasty decisions based on one shitty experience.

Mike, glad he is not calving right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   

Back to top Go down

I've decided to call bullshit on .....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next