Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I've decided to call bullshit on .....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mikejd4020

PostSubject: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm

The ag census.

I filled in 350,000 broiler chickens. 200,000 goats. Yes I run a fishery engaged in aquaculture.

Why do they care, how does this help anything. I just wasted an hour of my life.

They said it was illegal to not fill out. They never said it had to be factual did they??????

Back to top Go down
Farmerkuk

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm

What ag censes???UMM never seen my copy........ don't know a thing.......

Isn't that info at the FSA and IRS offices?

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

Farmerkuk wrote:
What ag censes???UMM never seen my copy........ don't know a thing.......

Isn't that info at the FSA and IRS offices?

I always fill out low cattle numbers and big corn acres and yields...of course, "big acres" for me is 100... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Just remember that when filling it out-- the government (USDA/FSA) look at all that (everything)- plus your property tax filings for ownership -- if you later file a disaster claim saying you lost numbers of animals/property in a disaster... Or lacked feed because of a drought .. Or whatever of the thousands of claims almost every farmer/rancher files to get government teat money anymore...

Back in the old days when all Montana cattle were on the property tax roles - I can remember a local producer who filed a claim for hay/feed assistance for hundreds of head of cattle--but had only showed on his property tax filings- and only paid taxes on 50 head....
And the sad/comical part of the whole situation was that the producer was one of committeemen of the local FSA board... Rolling Eyes

The standing local joke used to be that the ranchers teased the farmers about the "mailbox roll" in their caps that came from looking into the mailbox waiting for the government subsidy check-- but now over the past 20 years or so- and especially with all the "conservation easement/payments" and Eqip moneys its became the joke that ranchers hat brims have a bigger "mailbox roll" than the farmers caps.... Wink Razz Laughing Sad

[quote]
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 pm

OT,
Taking my cue from Emerson, I deleted your Copy and Paste...

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 pm

MKeeney wrote:
OT,

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Laughing

Well you just deleted a statement from a man that has represented Montana for 12 years - Representative Denny Rehberg (R)- and for many years previous served with the prior man that represented Montana- Represenative Ron Marlenee (R) (my old political arguing best friend) ...
I guess if you don't wish to hear from years of experience- of what has happened in D.C.- that is your prerogative (especially if you own, and control the content and posters of the site) ...BUT to me that is one of the major problems facing todays world- folks choosing to stick their heads in the sand and refusing to look at what experience and history has to show....Especially with the bullsh*t of these government programs and subsidies ...

JUST MY OPINION...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 pm

cheers
Oldtimer wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
OT,

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Laughing

Well you just deleted a statement from a man that has represented Montana for 12 years - Representative Denny Rehberg (R)- and for many years previous served with the prior man that represented Montana- Represenative Ron Marlenee (R) (my old political arguing best friend) ...
I guess if you don't wish to hear from years of experience- of what has happened in D.C.- that is your prerogative (especially if you own, and control the content and posters of the site) ...BUT to me that is one of the major problems facing todays world- folks choosing to stick their heads in the sand and refusing to look at what experience and history has to show....Especially with the bullsh*t of these government programs and subsidies ...

JUST MY OPINION...

as this category says...WHATEVER
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: I've decided to    Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 pm

threw it in the garbage..... I figured bad information was worse than no information.

OT, I don't go to the government office to get a handout from the giverment.

OT, I don't get eqip. Because, its my job to do the best job in the first place, not the giverments.

OT, I don't dislike the FSA or NRCS, I just don't need/want there help.

OT, come up with something thought of by yourself, leave denny rehberg out of this. (name left uncapitalized on purpose.)

Mike

Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 am

mikejd4020 wrote:
threw it in the garbage..... I figured bad information was worse than no information.

OT, I don't go to the government office to get a handout from the giverment.

OT, I don't get eqip. Because, its my job to do the best job in the first place, not the giverments.

OT, I don't dislike the FSA or NRCS, I just don't need/want there help.

Well Mikejd if your are in agriculture- and don't get subsidies, government/government backed disaster payments/loans/insurance, or Eqip - you are probably in a small minority of those who's income is in agriculture.... And I applaud you... cheers

And I agree with you 110%- and would have no problem with the closing of all the USDA offices (except my neighbors nice wife would lose her job)... Cut out all the wheat/cotton/tobacco/sugar/et.al subsidies- and all the government backed loans and insurance... And especially all this they are now hiding under conservation payments.....It would save the country Billions $... I'd lose the couple hundred dollars I get for not growing barley and might have to resist buying a round at the next waterhole gathering... Wink Razz

And then while they are at it- maybe they should just get rid of all the BLM employees by getting rid of the government land leases-- and if you don't own the land you don't/can't run on it... Sell it and you wouldn't need government employees overseeing it.... That would save the country Billions $...
WHICH
is why I posted the article I had quoted Rehberg in which essentially said-- "if you do that (even for a short period) can you imagine all the people (both liberals and socalled conservatives/Dems and Repubs) that would be crying to their Congressmen the minute they couldn't renew their BLM lease or get their EQIP payment for their 75% payment on their new feedlot"... Question
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: I've decided   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 am

OT,

Congrats on the original thought.

The flip side is that in a former life, I interned for the USDA-NRCS while in college. I decided about then that I wasn't a hoop jumper, or a good paper pusher for that matter.

I just don't see the point in me filling out a Census. I have been accused on not being very patriotic for not filling it out by the old man. Oh well.

Take care OT.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Angus 62

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 am

Evidently there is a proposal for a ''new'' kind of crop insurance that not only covers disasters but also a drop in commodity prices Shocked WTH, I can see the parking lot at the ASCS office full of farmer pickups with ''Romney'' stickers on them with owners that will tell you Obama is a communist.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 pm

http://www3.rma.usda.gov/tools/agents/companies/indexLPI.cfm

does insurance replace "hedging" a crop? I`ve never had a big enough crop of anything to get too technical or protective of it...
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Anybody still alive out there? Been awful quiet on the site...

mikejd4020- are you surviving the storm? I'm in hibernation mode until tomorrow... Got all the chores done for today and will try to dig out tomorrow...

Too cold to even take pictures of the cows I found this morning so here is a picture of the Scobey MT Nemont office (telephone company) they put on their FB site about noon... The drift in front of the building is 9 feet high...

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I think; therefore, I exist...Descartes

If words are spoken in the forest and no one is around; is there any sound ?

Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: Ive Decided to .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm

MKeeney wrote:

A note I recieved from Mike K.

BY POPULAR DEMAND... BY POPULAR DEMAND cheers

In an effort to better serve our outstanding readership on this forum. I am dedicating an entire Forum Subheading to Oldtimers weather. So as soon as the technical staff here at www.keeneyscorner.com finishes up there current coding project. Beneath the subheading "whatever" will be an entire subheading solely dedicated to Oldtimers weather reports. Entiltled OLD TIMERS weather. Here will be a great place to post the interesting and spellbinding topics of Oltimers weather, as well as, other irrelevant information. Such as the 2014 summer weather forecast of the old farmers almanac, and the code genome of the famous NE MT Jackolope. If my team can find away to pull it off, we will have a live up to the minute current weather conditions built into the page. Thanks to the fine folks at the American Angus Association there will be a webcam installed on OT's back porch so the the readership can visually see as well as read the current weather conditions.

Thanks your pal
Mike Keeney

AWESOME MIKE AWESOME

Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 pm

I stirred up more posts than there had been in a couple of days Wink Laughing

Glad to see everyone is alive....
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:20 pm

mikejd4020 wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

A note I recieved from Mike K.

BY POPULAR DEMAND... BY POPULAR DEMAND cheers

In an effort to better serve our outstanding readership on this forum. I am dedicating an entire Forum Subheading to Oldtimers weather. So as soon as the technical staff here at www.keeneyscorner.com finishes up there current coding project. Beneath the subheading "whatever" will be an entire subheading solely dedicated to Oldtimers weather reports. Entiltled OLD TIMERS weather. Here will be a great place to post the interesting and spellbinding topics of Oltimers weather, as well as, other irrelevant information. Such as the 2014 summer weather forecast of the old farmers almanac, and the code genome of the famous NE MT Jackolope. If my team can find away to pull it off, we will have a live up to the minute current weather conditions built into the page. Thanks to the fine folks at the American Angus Association there will be a webcam installed on OT's back porch so the the readership can visually see as well as read the current weather conditions.

Thanks your pal
Mike Keeney

AWESOME MIKE AWESOME

Is the NE MT jackolope a close relative to oversize Texas Jackolope. How much highbred vigor could you get if you crossed these 2 jackolopes?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Hopefully, the day will come when KC is mostly a place for reference, contemplation, and breeder updates of their programs progress...
in the meantime,
it`s going to be colder than hell in KY Tuesday night... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:24 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Hopefully, the day will come when KC is mostly a place for reference, contemplation, and breeder updates of their programs progress...
in the meantime,
it`s going to be colder than hell in KY Tuesday night... Very Happy

Send the storm thru DC on its way to Maine. The hot air in DC may take some of the edge off the cold.
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: I've decided to ....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Pat B,

You should know that most of the NE MT Jackolopes have tested genetic defect free. Now the Texas Jackolopes have had a few that failed the 4 eye two tail test. So ...... it would be very easy for one in the purebred jackolope business to cross the two sub-species. So, if and when you get in the jackolope business, you should probably continue your crusade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Ok so what in sams hell did they name this one? And now we are condemed to hearing about how long it take' s the SOB to melt and how high the flood waters reach. One little storm that couldnt even get a headline Ten years ago will last for the next three months. affraid affraid W.T hoping the storm shuts all the power down for a month and OT dosent have a generator, and when he digs out he will be so dam tired of snow he wont talk about it for 6 months.
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: I've decided to....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 pm

I think the storms name is gandolff, I probably misspelled it.

I am now out of the cattle business. This storm was so bad and brutal. That I just got in from shooting all the cows, why make them suffer?
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 pm

mikejd4020 wrote:
I think the storms name is gandolff, I probably misspelled it.

I am now out of the cattle business. This storm was so bad and brutal. That I just got in from shooting all the cows, why make them suffer?
Mike

Well you better get on over to OT'S and help him shoot his as well then we wont see any dam pictures of how cold and miserable they are, But for gods sake don't give him a gun.
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 am

mikejd4020 wrote:
Pat B,

You should know that most of the NE MT Jackolopes have tested genetic defect free. Now the Texas Jackolopes have had a few that failed the 4 eye two tail test. So ...... it would be very easy for one in the purebred jackolope business to cross the two sub-species. So, if and when you get in the jackolope business, you should probably continue your crusade.

The 4 eye 2 tailed jackolope will be extremely valuable due to the rarity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 am

PatB wrote:
mikejd4020 wrote:
Pat B,

The 4 eye 2 tailed jackolope will be extremely valuable due to the rarity.

This jackalope could be your claim to fame MikeJD 4020 As we have a rare black strain here that is polled, hell as fast as they breed you could have them all polled with in a year or two, Then you could get some of those High marbling jacks from Dylan and you could be rich and famous in no time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've decided to call bullshit on .....   

Back to top Go down

I've decided to call bullshit on .....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next