Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 AAA genomic enhanced epd's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 am

I bought my triple stack seed corn Dec 31...$300/bu...over $100/acre...double stack was $15/bu cheaper...so I said, "3 bu of corn, what the hell, give me the best"...but that corn delivers if nature provides rain...and I would give $5000 for bulls if they delivered like seed corn, but they don`t....
could the reason be the cattle haven`t been bred like seed corn? or is it just the nature of the beast that we are dealing with so many genes? or maybe the biggest reason is the winners of the con game are making easy money and don`t want the game to stop?...aided and abetted by a bureaucracy who enjoys the profitability of finding new players, who believe, they too, can be a winner ? the lottery offers better odds... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 am

Beauty is a manifestation of secret natural laws, which otherwise would have been hidden from us forever.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





So which of these cows is the best? Which is the most beautiful? Which is the best mother? Can you tell from a photograph? Will you ever be able to tell from a SNP-ette of genetic information?

Breeding maternal cattle is an art based on experience and observation of qualitative traits, not quanitative ones.


TD

Back to top Go down
larkota



Posts : 310
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 57
Location : Kimball South Dakota

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

Tom D wrote:
Beauty is a manifestation of secret natural laws, which otherwise would have been hidden from us forever.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





So which of these cows is the best? Which is the most beautiful? Which is the best mother? Can you tell from a photograph? Will you ever be able to tell from a SNP-ette of genetic information?

Breeding maternal cattle is an art based on experience and observation of qualitative traits, not quanitative ones.


TD


Tom you are too young and not yet dead to be quoted.

but sounds good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Tommy D, for me it's number three, it's only the ears that help me see. scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Its gotta be true Tom ............... It was on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Tommy D, for me it's number three, it's only the ears that help me see. scratch Very Happy


Really Larry, number three?

How can you know what's known only to me?

She hasn't even been tested genomically.

Or do your mother's glass allow you to see

everything maternally?

It would be pure blasphemy,

if you had picked her based on pedigree;

cause she's not "straight Shoshone" or even half kiwi.


TD
Back to top Go down
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Sounds like you tricked the cattle guru
With ears of great deceit
All I can say is, "shame on you!"
And definitely,"Do not repeat".
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Tom D wrote:
Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Tommy D, for me it's number three, it's only the ears that help me see. scratch Very Happy


Really Larry, number three?

How can you know what's known only to me?

She hasn't even been tested genomically.

Or do your mother's glass allow you to see

everything maternally?

It would be pure blasphemy,

if you had picked her based on pedigree;

cause she's not "straight Shoshone" or even half kiwi.


TD



It would be pure blasphemy,

if you had picked her based on pedigree;

cause she's not "straight Shoshone" or even half NZ,

fe, fi, fo, fum, ding-dong, she's surely gotta be
a TD,
Ohl-de..




Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Tom D wrote:
Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Tommy D, for me it's number three, it's only the ears that help me see. scratch Very Happy


Really Larry, number three?

How can you know what's known only to me?

She hasn't even been tested genomically.

Or do your mother's glass allow you to see

everything maternally?

It would be pure blasphemy,

if you had picked her based on pedigree;

cause she's not "straight Shoshone" or even half kiwi.


TD



It would be pure blasphemy,

if you had picked her based on pedigree;

cause she's not "straight Shoshone" or even half NZ,

fe, fi, fo, fum, ding-dong, she's surely gotta be
a TD,
Ohl-de..




Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AAA genomic enhanced epd's   

Back to top Go down
 
AAA genomic enhanced epd's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: