Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Double B

PostSubject: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:05 pm

70 and windy today.Deer aint as big as Montana,but it's warmer.
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

Location : central Ohio exactly the center. stuck in the middle

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Very nice my friend. One less sombitch to bust the fence down. And you did it in short sleeves Shocked

Just saw a monster here at the farm tonight. He was chasing does around. Does it make me a softy when I don't care to shoot them anymore? I just felt lucky to see a buck of that class. Truly a whooper. I would rather shoot at the mob of coyotes running these parts. Just thin em a bit if nothing else.

Get your butt back to Ohio so we can do work!
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 am

around here everyone wants to shoot the monster buck instead of letting them breed. then they wonder why there are no monster bucks only little basket racks, and another thing that pisses me off. no one wants to shoot a doe. BUCKS DONT HAVE BABIES.
this is why I keep a close watch on my daughters. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 am

larkota wrote:
around here everyone wants to shoot the monster buck instead of letting them breed. then they wonder why there are no monster bucks only little basket racks, and another thing that pisses me off. no one wants to shoot a doe. BUCKS DONT HAVE BABIES.
this is why I keep a close watch on my daughters. lol!

Smile Sound the same as here everyone wants to get the record bucks and they expect me to tell them where they are at that minute so they can drive over and shoot them. Rolling Eyes

My new rule is anyone that wants permission and asks can hunt... if they take two does, which around here takes about 20 min of their time.

As far as the big one they’re on their own it’s called hunting.... scratch

I found it interesting over the years how the biggest bucks have nerves of steel, during harvest they are often in their bachelor groups and the smaller bucks will be running around scared the whole time and the big bucks bed down and only move when the combine is one pass away then they get up move over and lay back down in the most calm state. Cool
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 am

wow cant believe someone else thinks like me. two does before a buck. most say good day and dont see again. and they call themself sportsman. ha
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 am

I was thinking of charging them to hunt our trophy KY bucks...whatdaya think? Smile

oh ok...I`m sorry; I just had a registered cattle exaggerrated moment there; the bucks
are in Rod Ross`s Wyoming territory Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MVCatt

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:32 am

Wow, where were those mulies when I was out there? (Just got back Tuesday morning). I shot a respectable buck but no does, couldn't get a doe tag as the numbers were down in that area. Had a great trip to Wyoming though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture   

Back to top Go down

No cows, Just a southern Oklahoma redneck picture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1