Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

brown paper bag bulls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PatB

PostSubject: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 am

If buying bulls require that much work and monitoring I think it is time to find a new source for bulls. I guess a yearling bull should not be turned out with 40 to 50 females and be expected to breed them all in a 1 to 5 acre paddocks.

http://www.angusbeefbulletin.com/ArticlePDF/Seibert%20Bull%20Buying%2009.12%20ABB.pdf
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 am

"I Can't Believe I Bought Into the Whole Thing"

some things even AlkaSeltzer can't fix. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 am

"Seibert encourages producers to consider purchasing yearling bulls. "yearling bulls should be genetically superior to those born a couple of years earlier, given genetic trends" "

Reassuring that the rate of "genetic progress" is so rapid in the cattle industry. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
PatB

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 am

How many use yearling bulls to breed more 15 to 20 animals in a season? Here the yearling bull is turned out after a short AI seaon here and is expected to breed any cow that is in heat. The young bull is expected to cover 30 plus animals depending on AI success rate and my heat detection success.
Back to top Go down
Angus 62

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:24 pm

It's no wonder cow numbers are the lowest in 60-70 years if the crap in this article are part of the requirements for owning/buying bulls. Who in the hell has the time or money to do all that?
Back to top Go down
Gus

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Now I know why all my bulls are worthless, they never was expose to concentrate feed and hand mated, plus they normally had to deal with the boss bull at some point in the season.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:22 pm

I think that the ultra-sounded, feed-tested, genomically-enhanced, cutting-edge yearling bulls should come with a brown paper bag, to hyperventilate into once you finally realize that you paid $6,500 for $1,500 worth of Bull and $5,000 worth of Bullshit.

Hang that one on your wall Larson. TD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brown paper bag bulls   

Back to top Go down

brown paper bag bulls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1