Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
Be like foxx
make more tracks
in the wrong direction.

Is that how you do Haikus Pocus Joe? I've forgotten. Where's MS when you need him?

he`s busy winding clocks...

http://mainspringlaw.com/index.html

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
tim hair

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 am

heres to a good day this week end. wished i could get up to KY. guess i am to lazy to drive 3 hour up and 3 hours back. Maybe next spring would like to come up and visit. God bless. Tim
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 am

tim hair wrote:
heres to a good day this week end. wished i could get up to KY. guess i am to lazy to drive 3 hour up and 3 hours back. Maybe next spring would like to come up and visit. God bless. Tim
thx Tim; I know the feeling...come spend the night this spring/summer and we`ll spin some old experiences... Smile
and everyone, don`t forget preparation{passport} for 1st weekend in Aug , 2013 for O Canada Gathering cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 am

MKeeney wrote:
Grassfarmer wrote:
Be like foxx
make more tracks
in the wrong direction.

Is that how you do Haikus Pocus Joe? I've forgotten. Where's MS when you need him?

he`s busy winding clocks...

http://mainspringlaw.com/index.html

Pent up energy?

It is best to release it.

Mean Spirit can help.

TD, holding down the 5-7-5 while JD winds his clock.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm

A bull sale haiku:

Fescue is toxic,

But I like him anyway.

He pays at the dock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Feed is short

It used to be Good

My butt hurts
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am

Mike good luck with the sale. Just to think that 50 years ago you could gain this much knowledge and are back close to what they started breeding cattle for 200 years ago. Just think in another 50 years we may make a small dent in improving the cattle of yesterday or maybe not anyway good luck. If you and this crew would like to come to Idaho next summer that would be great. Pam is doing fine and we could show how nomadic people live in the 21st century. Just some thoughts. Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Bob H wrote:
Mike good luck with the sale. Just to think that 50 years ago you could gain this much knowledge and are back close to what they started breeding cattle for 200 years ago. Just think in another 50 years we may make a small dent in improving the cattle of yesterday or maybe not anyway good luck. If you and this crew would like to come to Idaho next summer that would be great. Pam is doing fine and we could show how nomadic people live in the 21st century. Just some thoughts. Bob H

good news about Pam , Bob... and thanks for the invite; Jack`s been wanting to go "west" Smile lets get to Canada next summer, 2013, and if we`re all still marching to the beat of the same dummer, we could sure do Idaho in 2014...

for the KC crowd, Lee`s Ford tomorrow night around 6:30 pm for dinner... if I`m not there to host {a shivering kind of cold}, TomD will...yes Tom, I`ll get the tab Smile

Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm

I will be starting hoops practice about time you guys get together for dinner but looking forward to seeing people Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Bob H wrote:

good news about Pam , Bob... and thanks for the invite; Jack`s been wanting to go "west" Smile lets get to Canada next summer, 2013, and if we`re all still marching to the beat of the same dummer, we could sure do Idaho in 2014...

for the KC crowd, Lee`s Ford tomorrow night around 6:30 pm for dinner... if I`m not there to host {a shivering kind of cold}, TomD will...yes Tom, I`ll get the tab Smile

After Tuesday night, Maybe we need to get a hold of Curt and find out just what he is planting on the river bottom this spring cheers Maybe a trip to beautiful COLARADO is in the wind. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 am

W.T wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
Bob H wrote:

After Tuesday night, Maybe we need to get a hold of Curt and find out just what he is planting on the river bottom this spring cheers Maybe a trip to beautiful COLARADO is in the wind. Laughing Laughing

you think he might be sitting there on a sack of seeds, WT? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKym33vK1cs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 am

MKeeney wrote:
W.T wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
Bob H wrote:

you think he might be sitting there on a sack of seeds, WT? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKym33vK1cs

Now i wouldnt do that? Would I? A wise man From Dakota told me the best place to store seed was in the ground. And Colorado and seed and river bottom, well thats like peas and carrots. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Mike must still be counting money as he has not posted how the sale went. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I hope you had a great sale.
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

It was a good sale.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm

two bulls did not sell; and no bulls sold very high...success!...45 heifers sold...plenty good enough to carry the Corner through to spring Smile Thx to all who participated in any way...Jack`s call this morning was special...mostly thanks to all you guys who keep the corner a gathering place cheers
will be in touch with you sight unseen buyers... thx cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Mark just forwarded a nice pic...is this a high pressure sale or what?
one kid, the professor, talking economics; one kid, the teacher of the highest ranked department in KY, waiting to count money...the old man resting on the couch...took 30 minutes to sell 24 bulls, and 45 heifers, mixed in a little bs along the way... Smile

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 am

my goodness, this one is a rare, rare photo Mark...I never ever have caught Linda paying this much attention to what I was saying...I must have been talking about her Very Happy

my dear mother in the background
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 am

Mike,
Think that was where you were talking about the sheets....and I don't mean papers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm

MKeeney wrote:
my goodness, this one is a rare, rare photo Mark...I never ever have caught Linda paying this much attention to what I was saying...I must have been talking about her Very Happy

my dear mother in the background

Speaking of rarity Mike, my inquiring mind wants to know which of your sale groups aroused the most interest, the rare Model A's, the less rare Model B's or the more common Model C's.?

LL admiring a priceless picture "speaking from the heart" displayed on the floor.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 pm

a model B was determined to be the best bull in the sale; since money is the determining factor...most of the interest was in the model A in pen one...not a lot of interest; wrong time of year generally; but enough to go forward...several people came just to hangout on my 50th, and I sure appreciate that...among them Jere Cannon, whom I`ve admired for near 50 years...
Mark sure has done a nice video; thx Mark, you`ve been a source of encouragement for many years, and I hope we haven`t ruined your cattle in the process.... Smile
a couple of positive sidelights; a fellow with 220 acres of grass wants me to advise him, and I think the recommendation will be run a bunch of my cattle Smile and as most always , met another nice young man with cattle breeding curiosity ...always good to have MVCatt and his wife here...yelp, just good, young salt of the earth folks Smile
wasn`t so sure I was going to answer the bell Saturday morning; but hung on ok...got TomD, who gave a nice rendition of a young man`s pilgrim`s progress, off this AM, and have been in bed since...
mk, in the vicinity of possibly ordering some of those life changing socks
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:51 pm

thx Mark...a nice memory recorded...click on the pic...

just a trivial little sale...how in the world have I made a living without any "great" cattle
?
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Mike I am not sure of your age but it looks to me like a huge success with all of the challenges that have gone on over the years. Good Job doing what you want to do for the right reasons in the end that and believing in Christ will bring the most joy. Bob H
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 pm

I think to make a living in the seed stock business one does not need to have great cattle, just cattle that can fix the problems perspective buyers have in their own herds. A little marketing, management and business savvy along with a good character takes care of the rest.
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 am

This 3 Year Old Model A bull purchased 2 years ago is no sissy bull. I think he may have looked a bit smaller at purchase than ones that sold Saturday.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 am

Now thats a bull, Mark and one damn good photo, impressive. DV, head of not naming winter storms division of save your mind for what matters,Inc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next