Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 am

Mark Day wrote:
Those bulls look like the kind you would want to use on a good investment of a pen of open heifers.

too bad I don`t have any open heifers to sell...going to breed your Blythie heifers, all my gp3`s, and ten terminals I bought to various bulls...I`m really anxious to get the ten terminals bred to the leading GAR/select sires $B bull...then calve them, run them all together for demonstration purposes...too damn bad I don`t have some of those RFI tested Leachman offspring; I could just dry lot them...as in...NO FEED Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 am

Mike,
Don't limit your marketing to heifers to sell/buy this Fall. What about heifers you will be offering next Spring? If someone plans to pick up 15-20+ heifers in the spring to breed I think one should serious consider picking up a yearling now to do the job. This Fall may be the least inexpensive time to buy a bull for awhile. Just my thoughts, maybe no one else's.
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Mark Day wrote:
Mike,
Don't limit your marketing to heifers to sell/buy this Fall. What about heifers you will be offering next Spring? If someone plans to pick up 15-20+ heifers in the spring to breed I think one should serious consider picking up a yearling now to do the job. This Fall may be the least inexpensive time to buy a bull for awhile. Just my thoughts, maybe no one else's.

That was some sneaky marketing terminology Mark - worthy of a Leachman or Pharo Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Grassfarmer wrote:
Mark Day wrote:
Mike,

That was some sneaky marketing terminology Mark - worthy of a Leachman or Pharo Suspect Laughing

I didn`t think he could get away with that sneaky BS here Grassy...thx for not putting it under the Myth Busters thread Smile

best chance I have seen to use another Tom Paine quote...

The sublime and the ridiculous are often so nearly related, that it is difficult to class them separately. One step above the sublime makes the ridiculous, and one step above the ridiculous makes the sublime again.
-- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:12 am

typical Ky customer "ATTITUDE" came by yesterday on his way to our Republican congressman`s fundraiser where I`m sure he chipped in 1 to 5 grand ...while in disbelief that a yearling Charolais bull would cost him $2000, he was on the phone trading the Mercedes 450GL SUV {LIST $63,900} he was driving to a smaller one because it drove a little bulky for his wife...
day before, a 90 yr old widow called, I had last sold her husband bulls; sometimes sight unseen, but always plenty cheap...the last two were named Clinton and Obama; so we know the party allegiance there Smile she`s having a tough time farming, not making any money, probably true, two bulls at $3500 wayyyy expensive...never mentioned her husband drew retirement`s for years for serving {hate that word misuse} as sheriff and county judge for years...two sons retired from government, drawing retirement from government, both rehired by government...FEMA and state government...
point I`m finally arriving at...how come we can`t get these politicians to apply their bull buying austerity to government spending? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

Is a customers attitude toward their bull purchases an indicator of their philosophy in life or only their cowherd? Like we have explored the meaninglessness of a pedigree without experiencing the abilities of the occupants of the family tree, if one has no experience are the smart ones the bottom feeders or those who pay the most thinking price is indicative of quality?

Last edited by Kent Powell on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 pm

from a John Wooden video Mark sent me...

"Reputation is what you are perceived to be; character is what you really are. You hope that both will be good, but it's not necessary the same."
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 am

the most humble sales pitch is a testimonial that shows how ridiculous other sales promotions are...like the idea that to function on grass; especially S Carolina grass, a cow must be small...
notice her type...even from the front, you can see that the widest part of her body is not her ass...and yet the registered faddos want thick and thicker...

Mike,

Thought you might be interested in the 307 cow’s bull calf than I am retaining out of the last bull I purchased from you. The picture doesn’t do the bull justice but he looks to have a lot of potential. His mother is a frame score 4 1/2 and will possible weigh around 1600 lbs. She is 14 years old and has raised 12 calves all weaning over 600 lbs.

Look forward to seeing you next weekend.

Otto

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 am

MKeeney wrote:
His mother is a frame score 4 1/2 and will possible weigh around 1600 lbs.

So which is she - a little cow, a big cow or a little and big cow or an inaccurately described cow? scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
His mother is a frame score 4 1/2 and will possible weigh around 1600 lbs.

So which is she - a little cow, a big cow or a little and big cow or an inaccurately described cow? scratch Smile
she`s certainly not small; and more importantly would appear functional and profitable

another testimonial about the {small} Charolais/Angus crossbred cows I have pictured here, and sold to Doug Walker...

We weaned calves at 800 lbs, 775 lbs and 2 at 675 lbs, right around the end of September.

the "no performance" critics can now take a hike...
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:27 pm

A few snapshots of animals resulting from using Mike's "Model A" bulls over the years.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:51 pm

what would you take for the pick of your herd Mark?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

so if those last two heifers pictured are sired by an unwanted bull, they can`t be worth much? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

We could make more and lower their value even more. Since you could not tell their sire at first glance though, how much do they really stand out? And should they?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am

Mark Day wrote:
We could make more and lower their value even more. Since you could not tell their sire at first glance though, how much do they really stand out? And should they?
exactly Mark...the more uniform the herd, the less the pick is worth...why pay a lot for a cow, if you can buy a $2000 prepotent bull that can make lots of them...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 am

After 50 years, We`ve only just begun...

After 50 years of making a living with Angus cattle as a primary genetic source, now most every cliche I’ve ever heard old people say, I know is true... among those sayings; it seems like only yesterday. I thought it took a lot of money to be a good Angus breeder then; only to learn it took a lot of money to be a popular Angus breeder. We’ve witnessed a lot of breeders lose their cattle; even their shirt trying to be popular; for popular and profitable have often been in conflict for commercial purposes over these 50 years. Instead of money, we found it takes a lot of time to breed anything with consistent, reliable value; so we pause for only a moment to reflect, for time is short. 50 years is too little time for a cattle breeder's work to have any lasting genetic consequence. For a breeder's work to have some consequence, the principles, rather than the genetics, that have evolved from the negative as well as the positive breeding experiences, must be passed to a new generation so that history does not repeat itself.

We are not reinventing the wheel; we’re building a new one; thirty years already spent in understanding the engineering. A cattle breeding wheel that runs a true course has never been invented; only one out of round and out of balance, that wobbles from one fad to the next; leaving more ruts than road in its circling path. The improving of the performance of an individual animal reached it’s apex 25 years ago; yet it remains the common goal of the registered societies; now backed and promoted with scientific possibility; not scientific fact...and wherever monies can be appropriated; even now regulated by government with the full blessing and even the initiation of so-called farm organizations {bureaucracies}. I have paraphrased a new saying, wherever two or more shall gather and form an association, a tax upon as many as possible shall soon follow.

So to build and sell something revolutionary that defies popularity and government promotion is a difficult task. Some don’t like my tone as I go about this work; I’ve never worried how my tone was perceived by the public; only if what I was saying was nearer to the truth as I knew it at that time. Reputation is what you are perceived to be; character is what you really are. Genetics can make any predictor a liar; so much so, that a quote from an inspiration, Thomas Paine, is in order, “I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies another this right makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it.” Having died before the registered cattle industry in America was born, Paine never realized that a time would come that one must discern between honest opinion and the hyperbole of sales promotion, and that one need have no respect for the latter. We must never forget that being in the majority is not proof of being in the right. Perhaps a more inviting and uniting tone will someday stand forth; in the meanwhile, my tone must suffice. My tone is not what I have become, but what I have always been . I am most appreciative of the people who not only recognize that, but accept it as well.

A concept of harnessing hybrid power for the improvement of the profitability of commercial beef producers via a systems approach of complimentary mating of more predictable breeding animals was put in print by Larry Leonhardt in 1983 in a pamphlet commonly referred to among subscribers as Tru-line. {Copies will be available sale day} While inspiring the imagination of some and the platitudes of many, the concept languished in obscurity until recent years. With the increased accessibility of the internet, the visibility of the Tru-line approach has been substantially increased; and now, is even being adopted by young, energetic breeders as the system for which they will breed they own cattle. www.keeneyscorner.com has become a meeting place to share the ideas and experiences of these young breeders from across the United States and Canada. Supporting these young breeders is a seasoned group of purebred and commercial producers freely sharing their successes and failures of cattle breeding experience; hand in hand, advancing a concept unlike any done before in cattle breeding; though already the prevalent breeding concept of the pork, poultry, and plant breeding world.

Having reached an age of financial independence, partly by the economic livelihood that cattle and the hard work of my parents and wife have provided; and equally so by the mere fact of being old, my primary ambition is now the spreading of a Tru-line type concept. Sales and prices are secondary issues; the bulls and females we sell pose as the raw seeds we sow of a differing concept based on genetic truth; we believe truth always prevails; it is not a matter of if, but of when. The commercial cattleman cannot afford the games and the promotions of the current registered societies forever; in fact, not even in the present, for these games and promotions are now paid for with money from outside the cattle industry. These early raw seeds of the concept will be sown across the land; some will fall on barren ground and fail to germinate; others might lay fallow, and then spring forth after the owner has more experience; some will not sustain themselves; some will not meet the expectations of the new owners; despite fair warning of the difficulty of the task; some breeders will over-complicate; others will over-simplify...but some will survive, both genes and breeders, and chart a new and truer course for others to follow; this is more than the road less traveled , this is a road not yet traveled , and it is a source of infinite self-satisfaction that the journey is moving forward; one breeder at a time.

Thank you for reading and being a part of Keeney Angus in some fashion over these past 50 years. In honor of the combined cattle breeding influences who have come before me, I quote K.A. Clark who paraphrased Coleridge, “joy rises in me like a summer morn when I am in the company of fellow cattlemen and in the company of my own cattle”...and might I add... “as we walk together on a road not yet traveled believing that courage is placing your dreams above your fears.”

bull and heifer sheet later today...bulls minimum $1800/ bred heifer minimum $1600

Last edited by MKeeney on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am

I think your spell check substituted clique for cliche in the first line Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
I think your spell check substituted clique for cliche in the first line Smile

grassy,
I put those wrong words in there to see if anyone actually reads it Smile thx cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm

MKeeney wrote:
After 50 years, We`ve only just begun...

After 50 years of making a living with Angus cattle as a primary genetic source, now most every cliche I’ve ever heard old people say, I know is true... among those sayings; it seems like only yesterday. I thought it took a lot of money to be a good Angus breeder then; only to learn it took a lot of money to be a popular Angus breeder. We’ve witnessed a lot of breeders lose their cattle; even their shirt trying to be popular; for popular and profitable have often been in conflict for commercial purposes over these 50 years. Instead of money, we found it takes a lot of time to breed anything with consistent, reliable value; so we pause for only a moment to reflect, for time is short. 50 years is too little time for a cattle breeder's work to have any lasting genetic consequence. For a breeder's work to have some consequence, the principles, rather than the genetics, that have evolved from the negative as well as the positive breeding experiences, must be passed to a new generation so that history does not repeat itself.

We are not reinventing the wheel; we’re building a new one; thirty years already spent in understanding the engineering. A cattle breeding wheel that runs a true course has never been invented; only one out of round and out of balance, that wobbles from one fad to the next; leaving more ruts than road in its circling path. The improving of the performance of an individual animal reached it’s apex 25 years ago; yet it remains the common goal of the registered societies; now backed and promoted with scientific possibility; not scientific fact...and wherever monies can be appropriated; even now regulated by government with the full blessing and even the initiation of so-called farm organizations {bureaucracies}. I have paraphrased a new saying, wherever two or more shall gather and form an association, a tax upon as many as possible shall soon follow.

So to build and sell something revolutionary that defies popularity and government promotion is a difficult task. Some don’t like my tone as I go about this work; I’ve never worried how my tone was perceived by the public; only if what I was saying was nearer to the truth as I knew it at that time. Reputation is what you are perceived to be; character is what you really are. Genetics can make any predictor a liar; so much so, that a quote from an inspiration, Thomas Paine, is in order, “I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies another this right makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it.” Having died before the registered cattle industry in America was born, Paine never realized that a time would come that one must discern between honest opinion and the hyperbole of sales promotion, and that one need have no respect for the latter. We must never forget that being in the majority is not proof of being in the right. Perhaps a more inviting and uniting tone will someday stand forth; in the meanwhile, my tone must suffice. My tone is not what I have become, but what I have always been . I am most appreciative of the people who not only recognize that, but accept it as well.

A concept of harnessing hybrid power for the improvement of the profitability of commercial beef producers via a systems approach of complimentary mating of more predictable breeding animals was put in print by Larry Leonhardt in 1983 in a pamphlet commonly referred to among subscribers as Tru-line. {Copies will be available sale day} While inspiring the imagination of some and the platitudes of many, the concept languished in obscurity until recent years. With the increased accessibility of the internet, the visibility of the Tru-line approach has been substantially increased; and now, is even being adopted by young, energetic breeders as the system for which they will breed they own cattle. www.keeneyscorner.com has become a meeting place to share the ideas and experiences of these young breeders from across the United States and Canada. Supporting these young breeders is a seasoned group of purebred and commercial producers freely sharing their successes and failures of cattle breeding experience; hand in hand, advancing a concept unlike any done before in cattle breeding; though already the prevalent breeding concept of the pork, poultry, and plant breeding world.

Having reached an age of financial independence, partly by the economic livelihood that cattle and the hard work of my parents and wife have provided; and equally so by the mere fact of being old, my primary ambition is now the spreading of a Tru-line type concept. Sales and prices are secondary issues; the bulls and females we sell pose as the raw seeds we sow of a differing concept based on genetic truth; we believe truth always prevails; it is not a matter of if, but of when. The commercial cattleman cannot afford the games and the promotions of the current registered societies forever; in fact, not even in the present, for these games and promotions are now paid for with money from outside the cattle industry. These early raw seeds of the concept will be sown across the land; some will fall on barren ground and fail to germinate; others might lay fallow, and then spring forth after the owner has more experience; some will not sustain themselves; some will not meet the expectations of the new owners; despite fair warning of the difficulty of the task; some breeders will over-complicate; others will over-simplify...but some will survive, both genes and breeders, and chart a new and truer course for others to follow; this is more than the road less traveled , this is a road not yet traveled , and it is a source of infinite self-satisfaction that the journey is moving forward; one breeder at a time.

Thank you for reading and being a part of Keeney Angus in some fashion over these past 50 years. In honor of the combined cattle breeding influences who have come before me, I quote K.A. Clark who paraphrased Coleridge, “joy rises in me like a summer morn when I am in the company of fellow cattlemen and in the company of my own cattle”...and might I add... “as we walk together on a road not yet traveled believing that courage is placing your dreams above your fears.”

bull and heifer sheet later today...bulls minimum $1800/ bred heifer minimum $1600

I`m so envious of LL not having to fool with all this data; Smile increasing chance for error Twisted Evil ...maybe someday I will attain his kind of genetic uniformity... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

As always Mike, your salesmanship is superb, and somewhat inspiring for the uneasily inspired. I found this little tidbit today, though having nothing to do with your sale, it just seemed fitting.

[quote]Which are You? (circa 1890's)

THERE are two kinds of people on earth to-day;
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.

Not the sinner and saint, for it's well understood,
The good are half bad, and the bad are half good.

Not the rich and the poor, for to rate a man's wealth,
You must first know the state of his conscience and health.

Not the humble and proud, for in life's little span,
Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.

Not the happy and sad, for the swift flying years
Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.

No; the two kinds of people on earth I mean,
Are the people who lift, and the people who lean.

Wherever you go, you will find the earth's masses,
Are always divided in just these two classes.

And oddly enough, you will find too, I ween,
There's only one lifter to twenty who lean.

In which class are you? Are you easing the load,
Of overtaxed lifters, who toil down the road?

Or are you a leaner, who lets others share
Your portion of labor, and worry and care?

Ella Wheeler Wilcox
[quote]
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:46 am

just living out my favorite poem Joe Smile

Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front

Love the quick profit, the annual raise,
vacation with pay. Want more
of everything ready-made. Be afraid
to know your neighbors and to die.

And you will have a window in your head.
Not even your future will be a mystery
any more. Your mind will be punched in a card
and shut away in a little drawer.

When they want you to buy something
they will call you. When they want you
to die for profit they will let you know.
So, friends, every day do something
that won't compute. Love the Lord.
Love the world. Work for nothing.
Take all that you have and be poor.
Love someone who does not deserve it.

Denounce the government and embrace
the flag. Hope to live in that free
republic for which it stands.
Give your approval to all you cannot
understand. Praise ignorance, for what man
has not encountered he has not destroyed.

Ask the questions that have no answers.
Invest in the millenium. Plant sequoias.
Say that your main crop is the forest
that you did not plant,
that you will not live to harvest.

Say that the leaves are harvested
when they have rotted into the mold.
Call that profit. Prophesy such returns.
Put your faith in the two inches of humus
that will build under the trees
every thousand years.

Listen to carrion -- put your ear
close, and hear the faint chattering
of the songs that are to come.
Expect the end of the world. Laugh.
Laughter is immeasurable. Be joyful
though you have considered all the facts.
So long as women do not go cheap
for power, please women more than men.

Ask yourself: Will this satisfy
a woman satisfied to bear a child?
Will this disturb the sleep
of a woman near to giving birth?

Go with your love to the fields.
Lie down in the shade. Rest your head
in her lap. Swear allegiance
to what is nighest your thoughts.

As soon as the generals and the politicos
can predict the motions of your mind,
lose it. Leave it as a sign
to mark the false trail, the way
you didn't go.

Be like the fox
who makes more tracks than necessary,
some in the wrong direction.
Practice resurrection.

Wendell Berry
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 pm

You might want to put a disclaimer on the AAA "Terms and conditions" since they require registration and transfer. Or not! Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 pm

EddieM wrote:

You might want to put a disclaimer on the AAA "Terms and conditions" since they require registration and transfer. Or not! Smile

actually, the AAA guarantee is pretty worthless...just something to say; character takes care of terms and condition instead of three year guarantees with "conditions"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 pm

MKeeney wrote:
just living out my favorite poem Joe Smile

Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front

Love the quick profit, the annual raise,
vacation with pay. Want more
of everything ready-made. Be afraid
to know your neighbors and to die.

And you will have a window in your head.
Not even your future will be a mystery
any more. Your mind will be punched in a card
and shut away in a little drawer.

When they want you to buy something
they will call you. When they want you
to die for profit they will let you know.
So, friends, every day do something
that won't compute. Love the Lord.
Love the world. Work for nothing.
Take all that you have and be poor.
Love someone who does not deserve it.

Denounce the government and embrace
the flag. Hope to live in that free
republic for which it stands.
Give your approval to all you cannot
understand. Praise ignorance, for what man
has not encountered he has not destroyed.

Ask the questions that have no answers.
Invest in the millenium. Plant sequoias.
Say that your main crop is the forest
that you did not plant,
that you will not live to harvest.

Say that the leaves are harvested
when they have rotted into the mold.
Call that profit. Prophesy such returns.
Put your faith in the two inches of humus
that will build under the trees
every thousand years.

Listen to carrion -- put your ear
close, and hear the faint chattering
of the songs that are to come.
Expect the end of the world. Laugh.
Laughter is immeasurable. Be joyful
though you have considered all the facts.
So long as women do not go cheap
for power, please women more than men.

Ask yourself: Will this satisfy
a woman satisfied to bear a child?
Will this disturb the sleep
of a woman near to giving birth?

Go with your love to the fields.
Lie down in the shade. Rest your head
in her lap. Swear allegiance
to what is nighest your thoughts.

As soon as the generals and the politicos
can predict the motions of your mind,
lose it. Leave it as a sign
to mark the false trail, the way
you didn't go.

Be like the fox
who makes more tracks than necessary,
some in the wrong direction.
Practice resurrection.

Wendell Berry

Your poem is good too, but I would like Mean Spirit to condense it down to three or four haikus.

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Be like foxx
make more tracks
in the wrong direction.

Is that how you do Haikus Pocus Joe? I've forgotten. Where's MS when you need him?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next