Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 am

How are the speakers lining up? What time do you plan to start that morning? All of my Unwanted heifers have calved. I wish I had more of them.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:31 am

Mark Day wrote:
How are the speakers lining up? What time do you plan to start that morning? All of my Unwanted heifers have calved. I wish I had more of them.

I made the mistake of asking a husband if his wife would speak, and I should have known from experience to not do that...so I must speak directly to Miss Kathy soon, if she won`t handle the Grass, Cows, and Kids talk, then I`ll loan my golf skirt to you and let you do it...at 6-5, you`ll be the Sharapova of the cattle business Smile ...everyone else is on board; be here by 11 am; food and talks start then...Sale at 1.00 pm; be over in 20 minutes...video of bulls by Nov 1....
We`ll be Gathering on Friday night the ninth...not sure where yet; Somerset is scrambling for business with the new bevarage laws...
Unwanted may be unwanted again this fall; call me to see if you want/need to bring your trailer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Prelude to a bull fight   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 am

Prelude to a bull fight...the good, the bad, the ugly in Pen 2 Yearling Angus bulls

Confidence and Intelligence is digging the opponents grave before the tiring battle...

Pride goeth before the fall

this is NOT a courtship

To the victor belongs the spoils of battle...and it`s not Eddie`s sheep in the background, although in a pinch, who knows Very Happy

If they survive these daily battles, to be continued until Nov 10...when they are perhaps separated...Lo to any little fat ass, straight legged, falsely named grass-efficient bulls that cross their path at their new home; even if they live, they won`t be fast enough to get to any cows bred before these boys; the little fat kind will finally live up to, and become their name ,TERMINAL...
I think these bulls could breed a lot of cows in Hell`s Canyon, problem is, you would never get them out of Hell`s Canyon until you got the cows out, and I`m not so sure, they might decide to stay and try the deer...
These bulls sure aren`t suited for this little country; they paw the ground and bellow long before 8 am waking up the owners; you must have good fence or they will breed the neighbors cows, and you will need a chute if by chance you ever want to contain one of these bulls, but I can`t really imagine why, and trust me, they WILL NOT like a headgate...thank God, this type isn`t popular in the show ring so no one will ever be tempted to halter break one...
the dam`s of these bulls are the nice, gentle first cows on the postcard below...

the sire side adds these two cows...

dam

grand dam

for the record, the sire looked like this...

A couple have inquired WHY I have these cattle; why did I and chance create them...first, the females exhibit the most finesse of anything I have ever had; and the bulls are the most virile...so a breeder asks, why breed finesse when all the world wants power...pretty easy, because the world will overpower and lose functionality in cows, in fact, they already have...
now the second thing is sometimes you get more than you select for and traits you did not expect; that`s breeding...I feel sure the unwanted here came from the top side of the pedigree; with the bulk from the slick-haired KA cow pictured, and a contribution as well from the Shoshone 2966 cow ...imagine that, a Shoshone with an undesired contribution...AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS OF CLOSE BREEDING, PAT !!
Now tell me how a pedigree of names would tell you that??? pedigree means very little to anyone except the breeder who has experienced the individuals in the pedigree, until selection and breeding creates populations from individuals, and then pedigree is a nuisance to even the experienced owner...but until that time, PRIVATE PEDIGREE is useful...
For the record, we feel no need to arm ourselves with t-posts around these bulls, and since they are mostly a nuisance and pose no threat to sensible human life, only dumb animal life, and can discern the difference, like other Unwanted `s before them, if they don`t sell at the minimum $1800, they`ll breed cows right here at Keeney Angus...the baby need never be throw away with the bathwater unless the baby is totally full of BS...

Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 am

Mike it looks to me like you could put the boys with girls out of these matings and get on with life. There might be some sorting later but good is good enough and to fix nature may bring more disappointment than good.
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm

A good customer told me today that he recently sold his last bull purchase at the yards because the bull bellowed too much and the neighbors complained. He was not the only son of that 492 daughter that bellowed enough to rattle windows at sunrise but who's keeping track of those silly little things.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: pen 3 bulls   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm

all the Keeney Angus , believed to be "pure" Charolais Wink bulls will look like this someday...

now, some look like this...

buyer said he liked the one above best...i`m always wrong Smile

this crossbred bull below is 1.2 % inbred since he has a common ancestor both sides of the pedigree Very Happy

this one is 1.3% Wink

just a two way split Eddie Smile

which reminds me, I wonder what the variation was in the Beefalo breed??
so says the webpage....
Beefalo is a species cross between Bison (buffalo) and domestic cattle of any breed. The purpose of the species cross was to blend the outstanding qualities of the Bison with outstanding qualities of the bovine breeds of the world.
Many individuals have tried to cross the Bison and bovine but it was not until the 1960s that a major breakthrough took place. The cross between the Bison and the domestic and exotic beef breeds resulted in the best of both species coming together to produce a superior animal.

The cross between the Bison and beef breeds combined the superior hardiness, foraging ability, calving ease, and meat quality of the Bison with the fertility, milking ability, and ease of handling from the bovine. The cross has also given increased meaning to the term of hybrid vigor. Beefalo animals can be more efficient, which can cut input costs and improve profits.

The basis of the Beefalo program is the fullblood, an animal which is exactly 3/8 Bison and 5/8 bovine. There is no stipulation on the breed used to make up the 5/8 bovine, but any of the beef breeds is generally used.

Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am

Quote :
just a two way split Eddie

which reminds me, I wonder what the variation was in the Beefalo breed??
so says the webpage....
Beefalo is a species cross between Bison (buffalo) and domestic cattle of any breed. The purpose of the species cross was to blend the outstanding qualities of the Bison with outstanding qualities of the bovine breeds of the world.
Many individuals have tried to cross the Bison and bovine but it was not until the 1960s that a major breakthrough took place. The cross between the Bison and the domestic and exotic beef breeds resulted in the best of both species coming together to produce a superior animal.

The cross between the Bison and beef breeds combined the superior hardiness, foraging ability, calving ease, and meat quality of the Bison with the fertility, milking ability, and ease of handling from the bovine. The cross has also given increased meaning to the term of hybrid vigor. Beefalo animals can be more efficient, which can cut input costs and improve profits.

The basis of the Beefalo program is the fullblood, an animal which is exactly 3/8 Bison and 5/8 bovine. There is no stipulation on the breed used to make up the 5/8 bovine, but any of the beef breeds is generally used.

Glad that we got the splits reduced. How many Beefalo are there in the US now, 10 or 20? Seems that they had a genetic issue where a lot of calves were aborted or else there was sterility issues in some adult much like mules. I'd just as soon look up a bull in a major semen catalog that looks like a buffalo and use it. And I know that they have wonderful bulls which are matching choices for temperment like the native beast as well.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:45 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Prelude to a bull fight...the good, the bad, the ugly in Pen 2 Yearling Angus bulls

Confidence and Intelligence is digging the opponents grave before the tiring battle...

Pride goeth before the fall

this is NOT a courtship

To the victor belongs the spoils of battle...and it`s not Eddie`s sheep in the background, although in a pinch, who knows Very Happy

If they survive these daily battles, to be continued until Nov 10...when they are perhaps separated...Lo to any little fat ass, straight legged, falsely named grass-efficient bulls that cross their path at their new home; even if they live, they won`t be fast enough to get to any cows bred before these boys; the little fat kind will finally live up to, and become their name ,TERMINAL...
I think these bulls could breed a lot of cows in Hell`s Canyon, problem is, you would never get them out of Hell`s Canyon until you got the cows out, and I`m not so sure, they might decide to stay and try the deer...
These bulls sure aren`t suited for this little country; they paw the ground and bellow long before 8 am waking up the owners; you must have good fence or they will breed the neighbors cows, and you will need a chute if by chance you ever want to contain one of these bulls, but I can`t really imagine why, and trust me, they WILL NOT like a headgate...thank God, this type isn`t popular in the show ring so no one will ever be tempted to halter break one...
the dam`s of these bulls are the nice, gentle first cows on the postcard below...

the sire side adds these two cows...

dam

grand dam

for the record, the sire looked like this...

A couple have inquired WHY I have these cattle; why did I and chance create them...first, the females exhibit the most finesse of anything I have ever had; and the bulls are the most virile...so a breeder asks, why breed finesse when all the world wants power...pretty easy, because the world will overpower and lose functionality in cows, in fact, they already have...
now the second thing is sometimes you get more than you select for and traits you did not expect; that`s breeding...I feel sure the unwanted here came from the top side of the pedigree; with the bulk from the slick-haired KA cow pictured, and a contribution as well from the Shoshone 2966 cow ...imagine that, a Shoshone with an undesired contribution...AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS OF CLOSE BREEDING, PAT !!
Now tell me how a pedigree of names would tell you that??? pedigree means very little to anyone except the breeder who has experienced the individuals in the pedigree, until selection and breeding creates populations from individuals, and then pedigree is a nuisance to even the experienced owner...but until that time, PRIVATE PEDIGREE is useful...
For the record, we feel no need to arm ourselves with t-posts around these bulls, and since they are mostly a nuisance and pose no threat to sensible human life, only dumb animal life, and can discern the difference, like other Unwanted `s before them, if they don`t sell at the minimum $1800, they`ll breed cows right here at Keeney Angus...the baby need never be throw away with the bathwater unless the baby is totally full of BS...

a few more from Pen 2...

nice enough temperament here

not as pretty; should breed same characteristics

what went wrong here below in this bull who is a puppy dog for temperament? obviously not as powerful a bull...younger, bad pic, less performance? yes, contributing factors I believe...but the major factor I believe might be 16% ibc...

but if the close breeding increased the possibility of getting more cows the type of his dam? I can live with it... Smile

one bull in this pen unpictured ; though he`s plenty calm; not posed for a pic yet; maybe he stands still tomorrow and this pen story ends...looks a lot like the above bull; from Blythemaker`s dam pictured below...suits me ok as well...

slowly we go trying to improve little; just make more of the same more often... Smile

Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Mike,
May be the stupid question of the week but the bulls doing all the fighting would you consider their scrotal sizes to be small , average or large being greater than 38cm? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 am

Mark Day wrote:
Mike,
May be the stupid question of the week but the bulls doing all the fighting would you consider their scrotal sizes to be small , average or large being greater than 38cm? Just curious.
certainly not beyond 38; but proportionately quite good in my experience...I like their shape and shine....
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:34 am

Mike,

Could you remind us what different tag colors mean?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 am

Mark Day wrote:
Mike,

Could you remind us what different tag colors mean?
blue means fly tag has not been removed Very Happy
yellow is for maternal use; the "model A" genepool; still lots of variation in it; some on purpose...... red for terminal use...green tags are for Model B...B =between maternal/terminal, some would call it Balance...Between is more accurate I believe..lumping all the maternal outcrosses into B s well
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:11 am

Miike good pictures, I have a couple of questions/comments
I read in one of these segments that a fellow sold his bull because he sounded to much like a bull.

1 My thought is maybe he should get in the llama bussiness bucause if a bull dosen't sound like a bull his edrocine balance and chromozomes are out of wack he is not a bull.

2 My next question is how is the commercial person buying a crossbred bull suppose to know which parent his offspring will most be alike, and how do you sort the females that you breed for genotype so the will be more predictable as you may have these genes around a long time? Bob H

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Quote :
2 My next question is how is the commercial person buying a crossbred bull suppose to know which parent his offspring will most be alike, and how do you sort the females that you breed for genotype so the will be more predictable as you may have these genes around a long time? Bob H

Bob,
It `s about time someone put me on the hypocrite`s witness stand for selling crossbred bulls while I also dare challenging the 3% ibc as "linebred", and the LCC bulls as oxymorons... Smile
1st part of the answer,
they`re crossbred bulls; that`s what I`m calling them, and I have no roblem with what any one breeds as long as they call it by it`s real name and don`t propose their bulls do all things best...
2nd part
Convenience...my convenience in fact...I need to sell some bulls with more frame, growth, and muscle for terminal use, but I don`t want to keep many cows with more frame, growth, and muscle...proven by the several Charolais cows I already have, and proven dramatically by the 3 Simmental females I bought...all strong "AI bull stud" popular breeding, with many troubles...so for me, I`m asking my customer to accept less heterosis and predictability in return for a cheaper price than using purebreds, which allows me to maintain a maternal Angus cowherd instead of a second "purebred" herd...
3rd part...sell all the females from these crossbred bulls just like you do your Charolais

now we are going to have fun... Smile
4th part...
how is the commercial person buying a crossbred bull suppose to know which parent his offspring will most be alike? on average Very Happy , they will be in the middle between the parents...what will be the bell curve of the variation? not much different than using growth Angus on Angus cows...........................imho Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:00 pm

here is the AAA propoganda regarding composites...I`ve never read an article trying to please so many; and contradicting itself so often...look at the introduction...composites trade predictability???? wow...that is just the beginning...and I`m supposed to register and transfer so these people can add my customer to their BS list?? instead of simplicity and predictability, how about a dose of reality?

Crossbred Bull ‘Fix’
Composites may trade predictability for simplicity.

A good crossbreeding program takes some background in genetics, a big enough herd and land base, good bull suppliers and time to figure all that out. Producers looking for a simpler route to heterosis often opt to use a composite bull.

“In order for a crossbreeding operation to maximize heterosis, it takes a lot of different pasture, a lot of management, which because of size and time a lot of people can’t devote to it,” says Jarold Callahan, president of Express Ranches, Yukon, Okla. “You basically have to have different herds within your herd.”

So the composite bull market was born, where breeding stock is billed as already having that built-in hybrid vigor.

“Implementing crossbreeding can be somewhat daunting,” says Nevil Speer, Western Kentucky University animal scientist. “Many operations would rather forgo such effort if production can be maintained while also ensuring relative absence of problems. As a result, producers are often encouraged to utilize composite bulls as a simplified means to boost heterosis and subsequent production.”

But Callahan says it’s not always a “quick fix.” Express has sold hundreds of Limousin-Angus crosses over the years, but recently decreased the number of composites (F1) offered on an annual basis.

“A lot of people we sent F1 bulls to were very disappointed because of gene segregation and what was being transmitted from each parent,” he says. “Some progeny of these bulls really favored traits of one breed and some favored traits of the other, some looked Angus and some looked Continental. You ended up with a set of calves that were not only visually different, but a lot different in terms of outcome and how you needed to manage them.”

Geneticist Bob Weaber, Kansas State University, says that’s partly because what works on average for the whole calf crop varies among individuals. That may shift the balance of traits toward one breed or the other.

“Even though the F2s [composite progeny] have half of their genetic material from each breed on average, some re-pairing of chromosomes from the same breed occurs,” he says. “When we make an F2 we see a decrease in heterosis, because on average one-half of the animals’ chromosomes consist of pairings from the same breed of founder.”

Data from the U.S. Meat Animal Research Center (MARC) suggests that the progeny from matings of F1 parents are no more variable than either of their purebred founder breeds for traits like weaning weight or yearling weight. However, for traits controlled by a single gene, these progeny are noticeably less consistent than the F1 parents, especially if the founder breeders were very divergent, Weaber says.

Speer says that makes it hard to measure how much productivity they should add to the herd: “In many instances composite bulls actually represent backcrossing and may reduce heterosis potential versus using a breed that serves as a total outcross.”

From a seedstock producer’s perspective, it can be much more difficult to create a reliable composite compared to a purebred bull.

“I have 27 years of objective breeding decisions that harness the power of the AAA [American Angus Association] database,” says Brian McCulloh, Viroqua, Wis. The registered breeder, who makes 350 of those decisions each spring, says the predictive power is strengthened by the broad use of artificial insemination (AI) by Association members, who submit within-herd data that ties all animals together.

“Simply put, I am not comfortable ‘experimenting’ with data from other breeds to create a composite bull for our commercial customers. I have more confidence predicting the outcome of our pure line Angus bulls,” he says.

The Angus database updates weekly with more than 20 million performance measures and 17 million pedigrees. That data volume explains why, after dabbling in the composite market to try offering customers an outcross, McCulloh abruptly stopped.

Using the MARC across-breed EPD (expected progeny difference) adjustment factors help in comparing data, Callahan says. “But there is still a little bit of an unknown as to where that animal is going to come out.

“The purebred cattle evaluations give you better insight in terms of predictability of individuals and their offspring,” he says. Genomically-enhanced EPDs hone that ability. “You can make more progress – because you have greater access to performance information – than you can in most crossbreeding operations, unless they’re extremely well designed.”

To date, the DNA technology can only effectively sort out straightbred populations, he adds.

“That precludes it from being useful in composites and crossbreds,” Callahan says.

When selecting hybrids, commercial producers may face another challenge: “There’s an increasing need to purchase bulls in volume that provide both uniformity of calf crop and deliver on the various traits of interest,” Speer says. “Commercial bull buyers have access to larger sale offerings when shopping for Angus bulls compared to other breeds.”

Purchasing siblings in bulk is routine.

“That opportunity doesn’t exist when considering composite bulls,” he says.

Callahan doesn’t dispute the advantages of genetic diversity, but says he’s concerned with those who are “crossbreeding just for the sake of crossbreeding.”

His typical composite customer is in a terminal program, purchasing rather than raising replacement heifers. Otherwise, many have switched back to straightbreds.

“They really enjoy the uniformity of their calf crop and the predictability in their genetics,” he says.

There are no shortcuts to that.

20 million performance measures and 17 million pedigrees is simple...and breeding an Angus cow to a Charolais bull is not
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you Mike. The second article makes me feel like an uneducated idiot or that is what I used to believe but now know is just a fellow talking and writing because his wife is tired of listening to him me too. Bob H
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Just showed the bull fight pictures to a cattleman in my office with a stiff neck. iPads are handy for stuff like that. He said he preferred the crossbreed pictures over the rowdy ones.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Mark Day wrote:
Just showed the bull fight pictures to a cattleman in my office with a stiff neck. iPads are handy for stuff like that. He said he preferred the crossbreed pictures over the rowdy ones.
Baking bread for other`s taste and plate is quite the difficult chore Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Mark Day wrote:
Baking bread for other`s taste and plate is quite the difficult chore Smile

It doesn't matter how good the avocado eggrolls are if nobody will try them.
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I venture to say he has never seen masculine bulls that would not run you off of 40 acres then again maybe he has never seen a masculine bull before either. He liked them enough he wanted the page link emailed to him.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 am

Mark Day wrote:
I venture to say he has never seen masculine bulls that would not run you off of 40 acres then again maybe he has never seen a masculine bull before either. He liked them enough he wanted the page link emailed to him.

certainly appreciate your help over the years Mark; right there in the annex of a GAR satellite...pics tomorrow of the "quiet" bulls Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 am

Mike,
Just simply paying you back for helping me thrive when many cattle folks are just trying to survive up here . The peer pressure to switch to grain is tremendous but every time I pencil it out it is more profitable raising the right type of cattle like the Unwanted females I will try to picture tomorrow than it is switching to grain. I also see no need to AI when there are bulls out there dreaming and fighting for sex. Maybe the best true promo point I can say about your bulls is that after a person uses a couple of them and keeps daughters back in the herd the type and functionality of the cows resembles yours within a narrow bell curve because of your careful selection and breeding over the years. Fire and ice so called breeders I doubt have customers that say that unless they are referring a scattered all over the place bell curve. See you next week.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am

yes, the cowherd of KY is going to get smaller; bull sales will suffer...soo, we`ll just bake our bread and eat it too Very Happy I`m not growing grain, but I am giving up tobacco growing...enough is enough; same price as 1980; inputs up double to triple in price...
Pen 1 pics coming today; now that the Pen 2 fire has been discussed; along with the pen 3 "fire and ice" bulls...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 pm

pen 1 Model A...Fenley 6309 sons...$1800 minimum; $100 off if you pick them up...you`ve seen enough daughters here to know the type and kind of daughters; the ancestry on the maternal side is conducive to good cows as well ...anyone of these can be put with heifers ...

I think my recommendation as to choice would be the one that brings the least...

pen 1 model B {OUTCROSSES}
two experimental outcrosses by Pinebank 152-04
from a nice Fenley 1st calf heifer; I think this works fine with the ones above

from a closer bred 3 year old ; good udder, later maturing type ...this bull the outlier of the offering; no, I have no clue why or
how he ended up this growthy and this type...I wouldn`t use on heifers

couple more bulls in this pen; line bred KA`s...if Sandy calms down; pics tomorrow and the sale sheet...busy tonight;a few people have actually been calling Smile and the most refreshiing was a long time registered customer who said...I repeat...I DON`T NEED PAPERS ; JUST A GOOD BULL...
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 am

Those bulls look like the kind you would want to use on a good investment of a pen of open heifers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next