Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Mark Day wrote:
This 3 Year Old Model A bull purchased 2 years ago is no sissy bull. I think he may have looked a bit smaller at purchase than ones that sold Saturday.


I think he may have looked a bit smaller at purchase than ones that sold Saturday.

the non-fattened KA bull is creating some difficulty for a few buyers; the bulls are not as pretty as they once were...I looked for the dam`s pic; can`t find it; no need, for the population is now very close to surpassing the individual in importance...the ultimate in breeding success cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I always thought it funny that Larry produced sugar, while Mike raised tobacco; I guess no matter how ruggedly individualistic we are, we still need other people.





I guess if you weren't there, you'll never know if this was a growl or a meow.



As far as happiness goes, believing in yourself works miracles too.







Domesticated animals, just like domesticated people, are used to being taken care of and have come to expect it. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.





For Larry: Notice that the example cow is a Wyoming import. Now was she a pick of the herd, or a gate cut?

Back to top Go down
MVCatt



Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-09-24
Age : 43
Location : SW Penn

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Tom,
How did the clutch hold up?

MV...wondering if Tom had to give up gas, grass, or ass to get home.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm

No problem, just had to jam it a little harder than usual. But you're right, nobody rides for free.

TD, wondering how MV stayed awake during his drive home.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the pic's Tom. Not too shabby of a cow herd.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 am

thx guys for the memorable pics; still under the weather here...a common country phrase around here when you`re feeling very poorly is All In....I`m going to refrain from using that anymore; as I believe it may take on a new connotation... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

"no plan B" with credit to Van Morrison's latest works," Born to Sing" DV, enriched and humbled by the friends I've met on KC.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 am

I Keep looking at those cows Mike, And you know they are pretty dam good. The top vlines are maybe the evenest i have saw on a bunch in a long time. lets see some more.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 am

in case any KA buyers might be feeling a tad remorseful...reach back into your hip pocket and count your left over blessings...all $2800 of them... Smile unless, of course, you enjoy the oil and massage treatment Smile

pharo bull sale...
242 bulls sold for a $4850 average
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Mark keeps cracking me up with his movie skills...Spielberg could be in trouble Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80r233rfhq9tg2p/keeneyTrailer2012.mov

the credits page is the funniest...Mark, don`t lose your touch, we`ve more important work to do yet... cheers
btw, the heifers by that old ugly bull look just like his mother; got them all cidr`ed up today for breeding... I can`t find her in my too numerous pics; but if you think I`m bs`ing you, make more and price them... Smile
Anyone got an extra 100 acres of grass...I`m bullish on cows Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Mark keeps cracking me up with his movie skills...Spielberg could be in trouble Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80r233rfhq9tg2p/keeneyTrailer2012.mov

the credits page is the funniest...Mark, don`t lose your touch, we`ve more important work to do yet... cheers
btw, the heifers by that old ugly bull look just like his mother; got them all cidr`ed up today for breeding... I can`t find her in my too numerous pics; but if you think I`m bs`ing you, make more and price them... Smile
Anyone got an extra 100 acres of grass...I`m bullish on cows Smile



That's awesome, I smell an Oscar. Now if we have Joe do the voice over - " In a world where the outliers have become mainstream, one average man chooses to make his stand....."
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

[quote="Tom D"]I always thought it funny that Larry produced sugar, while Mike raised tobacco; I guess no matter how ruggedly individualistic we are, we still need other people.





Tom , the bright sunlight and a good camera sure points out that the barn needs painting next summer; yelp, it takes 4 people to make tobacco hang in the top of that old barn; and it takes Mark to make that video...the barn build the summer of 61; a guy sprung my wrist sliding into third; I couldn`t drive nails for the last couple of days; dad was none too happy...I could hand up the metal; I made letters from the little red tape that came off the metal and wrote Mike and Diane a few times on the under neath side...I bet the tape letters stood the heat and stuck around longer than Diane did Smile Smile

still , sometimes when I am alone in the half light of my mind, all existence seems to fade to a being with my soul and memories {plagiarized}

but not for long Exclamation Exclamation just getting in the grove for the Moody Blues, Dec 7, Louisville, KY...going to dance in the aisles again,,, Baby, one more time; once a rocker, always a rocker cheers ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdC6ejIiMb4





Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Isn`t Life Strange?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5NdcBY1Znw&feature=fvwrel

finally, we realize we`re all just Singers in a Rock and Roll Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5tb25TqXYU
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mark Day



Posts : 224
Join date : 2010-09-24
Age : 51
Location : Russellville, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Mike,
It is easier to make movies and trailers with an iPad3 than even breeding cattle by your ABC's. I am just glad to be able to put a smile on some faces and keep my skills fresh in the movie business.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Tom D wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
Mark keeps cracking me up with his movie skills...Spielberg could be in trouble Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80r233rfhq9tg2p/keeneyTrailer2012.mov

the credits page is the funniest...Mark, don`t lose your touch, we`ve more important work to do yet... cheers
btw, the heifers by that old ugly bull look just like his mother; got them all cidr`ed up today for breeding... I can`t find her in my too numerous pics; but if you think I`m bs`ing you, make more and price them... Smile
Anyone got an extra 100 acres of grass...I`m bullish on cows Smile



That's awesome, I smell an Oscar. Now if we have Joe do the voice over - " In a world where the outliers have become mainstream, one average man chooses to make his stand....."


My fee for voiceovers is your soul, the price for all things Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Dan



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Southwest Nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

MKeeney wrote:
in case any KA buyers might be feeling a tad remorseful...reach back into your hip pocket and count your left over blessings...all $2800 of them... Smile unless, of course, you enjoy the oil and massage treatment Smile

pharo bull sale...
242 bulls sold for a $4850 average

Drought discount $94,500
Repeat buyer discount $19,450
Volume buyer discount $19,100

total discounts $133,050 so basically $550 per bull

not to mention guarantee if any So I am left wondering just what does a sale average mean?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Dan wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
in case any KA buyers might be feeling a tad remorseful...reach back into your hip pocket and count your left over blessings...all $2800 of them... Smile unless, of course, you enjoy the oil and massage treatment Smile

pharo bull sale...
242 bulls sold for a $4850 average

Drought discount $94,500
Repeat buyer discount $19,450
Volume buyer discount $19,100

total discounts $133,050 so basically $550 per bull

not to mention guarantee if any So I am left wondering just what does a sale average mean?
and there`s the 10% discount a co-operator gets for buying his bulls out of the sale; along with the an added 5% incentive bonus share when sons of those bulls sell back through the sale...there`s hope for full employment in the US yet; we just need some more bull sales and young people with better math skills Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 am

Dan wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
in case any KA buyers might be feeling a tad remorseful...reach back into your hip pocket and count your left over blessings...all $2800 of them... Smile unless, of course, you enjoy the oil and massage treatment Smile

pharo bull sale...
242 bulls sold for a $4850 average

Drought discount $94,500
Repeat buyer discount $19,450
Volume buyer discount $19,100

total discounts $133,050 so basically $550 per bull

not to mention guarantee if any So I am left wondering just what does a sale average mean?

The curse of man, and cause of nearly all of his woes, is his stupendous capacity for believing the incredible.
— H L Mencken
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Oldtimer

avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2010-10-04
Location : Northeast Montana

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Quote :
Cattlemen,



Leachman Cattle is hosting our first ever bull sale in Kentucky at the Blue Grass Stockyards. The bulls selling are all 18 month old bulls. The offering includes:

32 Angus bulls

6 Red Angus bulls

28 Stabilizer bulls

5 Charolais bulls

In keeping with the post-Thanksgiving "Black Friday" shopping theme, these bulls will be some of the most affordable, reputation, age advantaged bulls you will find anywhere. If you need a bull, call or logon this morning!



Call Lee Leachman at (970) 219-8519

Call Ryan Peterson at (970) 672-6828

Or go to DV Auction at http://www.dvauction.com/locations/index/15



Don't miss this rare chance to save 100's on a reputation, Leachman bull!



Sincerely,

Lee Leachman


Mike- I received this e-mail...Looks like Leachman is moving in on your territory- and running "Black Friday" specials ... Wink Razz Laughing



Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:54 pm

don`t know how it went...I hope they sold higher than the BS; that way they get none of my customers...on a personal note; picked up my 22% ibc et calves weighing 521 today; very pleased; will use... three retained bull calves from the old cows I leased out weighed 738, 676, and 667 ; will sell in spring sale, 10 days off the cow with nothing but good old fescue Smile
Life is good with no formulas or indexes to calculate; the only math I do is at the bank and it`s all addition... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:42 pm




What is the story on this cat?

DV not far from Big Boy, Ugee, Blackie, Slinger, Doll Doll, Little Doll Doll & Cream Can

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm

His name is Phillip Morris, and he guards the tobacco barn. He also handles preventative maintenance on the farm equipment and most of the fencing, in addition to helping Victorio vaccinate calves. All the stuff Keeney used to do before he got too old. Its a strange coincidence that you inquired about him, Dennis, because Phillip Morris emailed me this afternoon inquiring about your barn-cat utopia and the American Thinker article. He is a lurker but does not post. I will post his question in "Et Tu Brute" as he requested.
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller



Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-11-11
Age : 60
Location : KY

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

MKeeney wrote:
don`t know how it went...I hope they sold higher than the BS; that way they get none of my customers...on a personal note; picked up my 22% ibc et calves weighing 521 today; very pleased; will use... three retained bull calves from the old cows I leased out weighed 738, 676, and 667 ; will sell in spring sale, 10 days off the cow with nothing but good old fescue Smile
Life is good with no formulas or indexes to calculate; the only math I do is at the bank and it`s all addition... cheers
I would assume those bulls were raised and developed in a different environment....Wonder what they would think about that good old fescue???? Anyone hear about the sale results?
No Herefords in the offering, didn't get any of my customers either Mike. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmsvictordomino.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 pm

mrvictordomino wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
don`t know how it went...I hope they sold higher than the BS; that way they get none of my customers...on a personal note; picked up my 22% ibc et calves weighing 521 today; very pleased; will use... three retained bull calves from the old cows I leased out weighed 738, 676, and 667 ; will sell in spring sale, 10 days off the cow with nothing but good old fescue Smile
Life is good with no formulas or indexes to calculate; the only math I do is at the bank and it`s all addition... cheers
I would assume those bulls were raised and developed in a different environment....Wonder what they would think about that good old fescue???? Anyone hear about the sale results?
No Herefords in the offering, didn't get any of my customers either Mike. Smile

Danny,
Bluegrass whined about Eastern Livestock cleaning their plow {which we pick up the tab for indirectly}, and now they team up with Leachman...

Without a trace of irony I can say I have been blessed with brilliant enemies. I owe them a great debt, because they redoubled my energies and drove me in new directions.
E. O. Wilson


Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 am

$2250 for commercial first calf heifers with 200lb calves at side Friday night...someone in KY still wants to be in the cattle business...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012   

Back to top Go down
 
Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Keeney Angus 50TH Angus Anniversary Bull and Heifer Sale, Nov 10, 2012
» Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale
» Keeney Angus 2013 Spring Sale April 6, 2013
» Cowing up??
» 2014 Keeney Angus Spring Bull Sale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Advertise :: For Sale-
Jump to: