Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

O Canada Gathering 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Thu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

the airport rooms are seemingly not a problem...I have two extra rooms booked in Drumheller...the on-line auction will start tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm

CO2 hits dinosaurian levels

The big news last week was that carbon dioxide levels have reached the highest point in 300 million years. That's serious stuff on the global warming front, and it provided lots of scary fodder for the press.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/life-on-earth-under-threat-from-co2-levels-say-scientists-8612900.html

aww shucks...we`re only going back 69 millions years in Canada?

http://www.tyrrellmuseum.com/cretaceous_alberta.htm
Back to top Go down
R V

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Sun May 26, 2013 11:47 pm

We still haven't heard back on the rooms that we asked for through II for Canada. If we don't get confirmed rooms soon, we will need to change plans for the family or that $$ will be lost. This area of Canada must be very popular... just my luck. Hopefully we will still get to go. Would there still be any reservations for 2 people available that you guys have found?

Ron
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

R V wrote:
We still haven't heard back on the rooms that we asked for through II for Canada. If we don't get confirmed rooms soon, we will need to change plans for the family or that $$ will be lost. This area of Canada must be very popular... just my luck. Hopefully we will still get to go. Would there still be any reservations for 2 people available that you guys have found?

Ron

which town/towns ?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 10:58 am

booked 5 more rooms, total 10, in Drumheller; 8 spoken for...if you need a room there, let me know...sounds like a late night party developing; after an early and educational party at Dylan`s Saturday ....

oh the stress Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Here's one of my favorites from MS, back in the day:

Mike, the after show conduct goes something like this, as I understand it...

then after the show its the after party
and after the party its the hotel lobby
and round about 4 you gotta clear the lobby
then head take it to the room and freak somebody.

So sez R. Kelly in the Remix of Ignition.

Who knew R. had so much insight into the purebred cattle business? He even knew that, after the magic show, someone is going to get taken to the room and freaked.

MS, still here, in the vicinity of a bit too much stuff to do.

TD, hoping MS will be at the after party in the hotel lobby.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:43 am

a view from the tee at Eagle Ridge; 400 yards out; and a 100 yards down...

a little preparation in store today for O Canada...the hay can wait; instead a great test of human nature is in store

golf is a game you cannot win; all you can do is play

and so is cattle breeding...

and so is the war on poverty; now we build golf courses in far Eastern Ky to stimulate the economy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I have had a few phone calls and text today that have me back on track for this summer's gathering. I have to say I’m struggling with the idea of people spending money to come up here, but I look forward to seeing friends from past gatherings and maybe even make a few more if RV, Pat and others make it up here. It sounds like my cousin (NH, a lurker at KC) will make the gathering from Panama.

I still have a few rooms open here in Sylvan for the 1st and 2nd , I have 6-7 that have booked the 31st as well and as of today I have still been able to get that extra day on the front end added but I don’t expect that to be available for long.

I know it’s a pain but passports and accommodations need to be taken care of ASAP feel free to call me at 403-588-7001.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 am

here is Drumheller as I have booked; using initials to protect identities Very Happy

m&l
m&k
h&k
t&t
c&k
b&l
rr&
l&s
Mark
John

I think we can get more rooms...

don`t forget passports!!!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 am

will the Friday night activities be here ?

http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/

the place exceeded all my expectations; including price Smile
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm

A little eccentric for the KC crew I’m thinking Mike...

However I can still get you an 8:00 AM tee time for $230 on the 31st if you want.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:13 pm

I don`t believe paying $230 to shoot 90 will make me feel better...I wonder if I could just walk through the lobby without having to pay? Smile
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I don`t believe paying $230 to shoot 90 will make me feel better...I wonder if I could just walk through the lobby without having to pay? Smile

If the proposal the US Customs have goes thru- you won't even be able to go into Canada (or come back) without paying a fee-- which is not much of an issue to those that go there once every 10 years-- but for many of my neighbors that have immediate family members living on both sides of the border-- its going to be a big issue... Sad

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

If the proposal the US Customs have goes thru- you won't even be able to go into Canada (or come back) without paying a fee-- which is not much of an issue to those that go there once every 10 years-- but for many of my neighbors that have immediate family members living on both sides of the border-- its going to be a big issue... Sad

oh, what the hell; just for kicks Very Happy

edited

like the registered business, imagine and dreaming were the key words Smile

instead, it`s a dog eat dog world, and that reality knows no borders... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:18 am

MKeeney wrote:
booked 5 more rooms, total 10, in Drumheller; 8 spoken for...if you need a room there, let me know...sounds like a late night party developing; after an early and educational party at Dylan`s Saturday ....

oh the stress Smile

an early party yes, educational may be stretch, unless it is a really good party then we will all feel educated as hell.

Mike as part of our continuing education here on KC, though it is hard to get much of an education when one is absent for extended periods....... only on the key board...... not in mind or spirit........ as I am continually ruminating on the application of linebreeding, the selections, the matings, the probabilities and the serendipities........ the genetic game of chance........ stacked in favor of....... who knows what.......at any rate Mike I thought you would appreciate this. not.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

oh the stress Smile

an early party yes, educational may be stretch, unless it is a really good party then we will all feel educated as hell.

Mike as part of our continuing education here on KC, though it is hard to get much of an education when one is absent for extended periods....... only on the key board...... not in mind or spirit........ as I am continually ruminating on the application of linebreeding, the selections, the matings, the probabilities and the serendipities........ the genetic game of chance........ stacked in favor of....... who knows what.......at any rate Mike I thought you would appreciate this. not.

I think that picture doesn`t just replace 10,000 words...it says it all and best from my perspective of the registered business...

I am continually ruminating on the application of linebreeding, the selections, the matings, the probabilities and the serendipities........ the genetic game of chance........

once we understand and accept this path, there is a new consciousness...whether it be analyzing your own cattle and objectives, or when listening to someone else state theirs...it`s been great to read Advantage again; to see how the mainstreamers think; even the seasoned ones, not just the foxes who become the seasoned ones shorn sheep in due time Smile
but forgiveness is mine, for I have been there, thought like that, and thought it was soooo right....for I had pulled the wool over my own eyes...
that picture is a masterpiece; I must contact the ad agent who designed it and congratulate him or her... Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 am

Thought you might Mike! The epitome of registered thinking.

Below are two paperless green bums.

The one on the left has developed poor front feet, must be the lack of papers.

Here is the profile of the bull on the left, his proof so far are his progeny.

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I see Hilly has got a head start on promoting the Gathering. Drove past today and swear I saw a Trueline sign pointing west from the HWY 11/HWY 20 junction. Know anything about that Hilly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah, it may be a little early but I figure I should get some of the smaller details done as I think of them.

I haven’t got the west sign up yet... thinking at 93 and 11 would be the best spot for it  Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Eleven...Eleven...El-e-ven.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:36 am

two more additions...Harry Ward and wife; Harry surely had a good time last year...his wife Sally, whom I have not met, put the pressure on us...said she retired just so she could make this trip Smile
  we won`t disappoint her considering the hosts and the visitors coming...  cheers
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:57 am

We certainly won't Mike! Any preliminary guess on the number of people? We wouldn't want anyone to go hungry! 

Mike I told this cocktail brindle people were coming from far and wide to check her out. She seemed a bit quizical.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
We certainly won't Mike! Any preliminary guess on the number of people? We wouldn't want anyone to go hungry! 

Mike I told this cocktail brindle people were coming from far and wide to check her out. She seemed a bit quizical.

She`s probably never heard of registration papers; always content that her job was to have and raise babies; instead of an outlier freak in a carnival sideshow...
but she may be more rare than we think; registered breeders are always quick to note in what seems a surprised fashion when a bull`s daughters make good cows; therefore leading me to believe, if it`s worth noting, it must be the exception rather than the rule in the registered world...

I really like the young wet twos sired by ________. slick haired, good uddered, productive young cows.
unquote

reckon how many that analysis is based on? two?

right now I count 20 from the states Dylan...waiting to hear on a couple more...hope you guys can roust up a few up there...

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 pm

I should let folks know that I've had to change plans on the evening meal after visiting my place. Couldn't get a hall/catering crew due to it being a long weekend but have booked space at a restaurant in Rimbey instead where Alberta prime rib will be on offer among other things. Hope thats OK with everyone. We can firm up numbers and time later but their upstairs dining floor seats @30, plenty more room downstairs for the overspill. I'm hoping to add at least 6 visitors on the Friday and some will want to travel to Dylan's place too. My womenfolk won't be attending as they are heading to Wales on vacation at that time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Mike, it is an upside down world for sure! You mentioned "a new consciousness" once you accept this path, sounds a little heavy and over the top, but it has been no exaggeration for me. I look at virtually every aspect of cattle breeding differently now than I use to. It just keeps sinking in and the more it sinks in the more I understand how disconnected from reality the mainstream racket is. I spent years looking at breed publications sale catalogs, AI sire directories, EPD reports, pedigrees and on and on, and now I realize what a complete waste of time and energy it was. At the same time ignoring what was functional and sound in my own breeding because it coukd never be as good as......and the Jammer wonders why I seem a little jaded, dare I say a little negative. Invest your time and money in a circus for 20 years just to realize I was one of the clowns. The farther I get away from the circus the more satisfied and content I feel and I like my cattle better also. The mainstream does not want breeders content or satisfied, it is best if you are perpetually seeking, searching, yearning for the freak for the next best latest greatest sire that will fix all your problems. Keep bringing them in the front door and kicking the culls out the back and around and round the little mouse goes and down the drain goes your money, time and effort. Like you say Mike a hell of a circus!  Smile

Iain is doing some rousting and I can do some rousting also. I am looking forward to the gathering!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O Canada Gathering 2013   

Back to top Go down

O Canada Gathering 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next