Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

fish breeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kent Powell

PostSubject: fish breeding   Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Good article.

Thank you Kent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:15 pm

I tried to read it, my eyes crossed, lips curled, toes knarled, teeth clinched....but I couldn't make it all the way. Of course I could pretend I did, and impress some folks, and say it was wonderful, without actually writing anything to back it up....but I won't.

Bootheel, not Dylan
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Bootheel wrote:
I tried to read it, my eyes crossed, lips curled, toes knarled, teeth clinched....but I couldn't make it all the way. Of course I could pretend I did, and impress some folks, and say it was wonderful, without actually writing anything to back it up....but I won't.

Bootheel, not Dylan

Bootheel, the word consanguineous (blood related) was all it took for me. But I also enjoyed this "Prohibitions and prejudices against inbreeding were so deeply rooted in Europe that as recently as 200 years ago European animal breeders were told that they should not use inbreeding in their brood stock management plans because it was against the Laws of God and Nature., and the moral hangover continues to cloud rational discussion of inbreeding in cattle and even in fish to this day. Old beliefs die hard. Like he said though there are those that did and still a few who continue to ignore entrenched predjudices and prohibitions.

Dylan, not buying Bootheels self depricating good old boy schtick. Cool I know he read the whole thing, probably way faster than me. Smile
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I, for one, am impressed with Joe's humility and I can only hope that he has a deep sense of pride over his humility. I, for the same one as before, am impressed with Dylan's ability to type words that I cannot pronounce. Dylan should have deep sense of pride over his big word typing skills. You two make a good team. Keep up the good work, Menzies.

Eddie, in the vicinity of in the house to gain a moment of relief from the heat before going out to check a fence
Dylan Biggs wrote:
Bootheel wrote:

Bootheel, not Dylan

Bootheel, the word consanguineous (blood related) was all it took for me. But I also enjoyed this "Prohibitions and prejudices against inbreeding were so deeply rooted in Europe that as recently as 200 years ago European animal breeders were told that they should not use inbreeding in their brood stock management plans because it was against the Laws of God and Nature., and the moral hangover continues to cloud rational discussion of inbreeding in cattle and even in fish to this day. Old beliefs die hard. Like he said though there are those that did and still a few who continue to ignore entrenched predjudices and prohibitions.

Dylan, not buying Bootheels self depricating good old boy schtick. Cool I know he read the whole thing, probably way faster than me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 pm

It's not the heat that gets you, it's the humility.

TD, headin' to the island tomorrow to pop some sweet wheelies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fish breeding   

Back to top Go down

fish breeding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1