Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

started calving

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
larkota

PostSubject: started calving   Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 am

will be back in a week going fishing.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:39 pm

larkota wrote:
will be back in a week going fishing.
how you going to collect any data , my friend? no, weighing the fish don`t count... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Thats weird though - you enjoy fishing more than seeing the calves born scratch
Maybe you should have been a fisherman? Is there not a commercial fishing fleet in SD Wink

GF, in the vicinity of not understanding why anyone would want to miss this most amazing season of the year, the renewal of nature through new animals being born and the trees, grass and soil coming to life again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
larkota

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm back. got home Friday but have been busy eating oysters and scallops and checking pastures. good trip, just like when the hillbillies hit hollywood. if there is a recession I didnt see it.

85 calves none helped, dam hard to catch and tag, guess cows will just have to find their calf without the help of tags.

leaving for Kents this Friday. cant wait to see my 4 new bulls from Kent and 1 from Mike. looks like the last bulls I will have to buy. the two lines coming together nicely.

back to putting out salt and minerial.

PS: flatlanders should not drive in big cities pulling trailers.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm

larkota wrote:
I'm back. got home Friday but have been busy eating oysters and scallops and checking pastures. good trip, just like when the hillbillies hit hollywood. if there is a recession I didnt see it.

85 calves none helped, dam hard to catch and tag, guess cows will just have to find their calf without the help of tags.

leaving for Kents this Friday. cant wait to see my 4 new bulls from Kent and 1 from Mike. looks like the last bulls I will have to buy. the two lines coming together nicely.

you will be back in time to synchronize and breed AI for a few days, won`t you? Edge of Insanity and Eve of Destruction are two bulls I`m hearing alot about
Back to top Go down
robert

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 pm

I think I'm going to hire Mike to name my calves for me next year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 pm

larkota wrote:

Sure glad you re back. Thought a flat lander might fall off the boat and get lost out there in that big water? Cant wait to see you at Kents maybe we can convince Kent that his 9yr old cow needs culled because she has a poor udder, and she cant hold her tags straight in the wind... Cant wait to see those Keeney bulls... Ok what happened in the big city with the trailer? Was paint involved, were there dents? Did you tell your wife? Did you get lost??? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 am

robert wrote:
I think I'm going to hire Mike to name my calves for me next year! Very Happy

Kent let me name the two young ones Frick and Frack.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 am

W.T wrote:
larkota wrote:

Sure glad you re back. Thought a flat lander might fall off the boat and get lost out there in that big water? Cant wait to see you at Kents maybe we can convince Kent that his 9yr old cow needs culled because she has a poor udder, and she cant hold her tags straight in the wind... Cant wait to see those Keeney bulls... Ok what happened in the big city with the trailer? Was paint involved, were there dents? Did you tell your wife? Did you get lost??? scratch scratch

lets just say my christian faith was tested.

will have 5 bulls coming north. could handle about 6 cull cows from Kent. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 pm

is this your calving facility? well bedded
ps...Brian sent me some pics...

does "yellow tag" mean something?

need neck? Smile

HB ??? as in Horse Butte? Smile
and inbred to boot? Smile

30 calves from a 17 yr old Encore/Bob daughter? you`re ******* me Smile

omggggg...you flushed her to Shoshone Beauigan? nostalgis as well as incest... Smile

HB again? genetic rustling or by approval of the unholy triad? Wink

how nice of you to name one in honor of the Jimmer...

I don`t think he`ll have enough grow to honor the jimmer...the feedlots want grow, ya know..

need capacity? Smile I`d know this old cow anywhere; even in SD...she spend 15 years with me...looking pretty good for 17...

does F stand for what I think it does? let`s hope it`s Fenley...

and you want to sell all these?

green tag means?

I would have ditched and swam for shore too if I had seen that boat coming?
pity these poor breeders that can`t see revolution coming...
STEAMROLLED BY AN OCEANLINER! Smile

Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 am

back home, about time to start knocking down alfalfa. first off would like to thank MK for posting my pics, should learn to do it myself but like MK's comments to much. not even learned enough to change dates on camera, they were all taken the 3rd of May.

everything now calf on grass. no need for high Mag with enough old growth.

yellow tags are shoshone influenced larkota's
blue tags are emulous influenced larkota's
green tags are the cross

HB = horse butte 1116 sire
SB = Shoshone Beauigan
Jim = surely not inhonor of either Jimmbo. a bull I got from MK through Penn.

try double bred Fenley

green tag heifers will be bred to blue tag bulls. pretty simple
Back to top Go down
shilow angus

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 08, 2012 8:56 pm

larkota wrote:
back home, about time to start knocking down alfalfa. first off would like to thank MK for posting my pics, should learn to do it myself but like MK's comments to much. not even learned enough to change dates on camera, they were all taken the 3rd of May.

everything now calf on grass. no need for high Mag with enough old growth.

yellow tags are shoshone influenced larkota's
blue tags are emulous influenced larkota's
green tags are the cross

HB = horse butte 1116 sire
SB = Shoshone Beauigan
Jim = surely not inhonor of either Jimmbo. a bull I got from MK through Penn.

try double bred Fenley

green tag heifers will be bred to blue tag bulls. pretty simple

Nice cattle.....Been breeding some of there relatives here.....
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Great pictures larkota, high quality cattle. Really like the double bred Fenley heifer.
Posting from way down here in Honduras...Far, far away....Cattle down here have no papers either. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmsvictordomino.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 08, 2012 11:12 pm

mrvictordomino wrote:
Great pictures larkota, high quality cattle. Really like the double bred Fenley heifer.
Posting from way down here in Honduras...Far, far away....Cattle down here have no papers either. Smile Smile

Danny,
are you down in a warmer climate limbering up for the Miles City Golf tourney? Smile Herefords to Honduras?
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Tue May 08, 2012 11:33 pm

MKeeney wrote:
mrvictordomino wrote:

Danny,
are you down in a warmer climate limbering up for the Miles City Golf tourney? Smile Herefords to Honduras?
Mike, you can get real loose down here...Close to 100 with humidity. I really think we had better get some bulls picked
out, I do think there will be someone using them.....I forgot what would happen if we lost...But that ain't going to happen. Cool Cool
I am down here on business...Not cattle though. Would like to see what a slick haired, southern bred Victor Domino would do
down here though scratch scratch
I work for Fruit of The Loom, will be 36 years next week. Come down here about eight times a year.
The city I stay at is the number one most dangerous city in the world. And that is no shyt.

Danny Miller, In the vicinity of high temps. and stray bullets
Back to top Go down
shilow angus

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Wed May 09, 2012 10:14 am

mrvictordomino wrote:

Danny.....Don't drink the water Laughing
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 pm

shilow angus wrote:
mrvictordomino wrote:

Tom, I don't unless bottled....Still don't know how good that is though.
I currently have a protazon parisite I picked up down here. Can't eat beef or pork
due to severe allergic reactions. Working on getting this resolved....Hopefully before the "Gathering" in August.
Would be bad to have to eat that nasty chicken while you folks are eating a big steak. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Since this thread has been officily highjacked, I will say again those Angus cattle pictures really looked good!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Danny Miller, In the vicinity of taking Tom's advice on the water so I don't have to take a Cipro pill

Last edited by mrvictordomino on Wed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: started calving   Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm

mrvictordomino wrote:
shilow angus wrote:
mrvictordomino wrote:

Tom, I don't unless bottled....Still don't know how good that is though.
I currently have a protazon parisite I picked up down here. Can't eat beef or pork
due to severe allergic reactions. Working on getting this resolved....Hopefully before the "Gathering" in August.
Would be bad to have to eat that nasty chichen while you folks are eating a big steak. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Since this thread has been officily highjacked, I will say again those Angus cattle pictures really looked good!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Danny Miller, In the vicinity of taking Tom's advice on the water so I don't have to take a Cipro pill

thank you but as you can see not very handy with a camera yet as I cant even set the date. take enough and there is bound to be a couple of OK ones. up to this point have had a lot of help from MK, but from here on out I'll put my twist to it.

days of looking at, pondering, buying bulls is over. all the pieces for me are here, full steam ahead.

what cant eat beef, how sad. get better soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started calving   

Back to top Go down

started calving
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1