Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fall on the Farm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Snow, what the..... the bermudagrass is still green, along with the 'maters, but we have had some frost. I even got a little sweaty today, loading and tagging week old calves. Good therapy before 4 hours of trick or treatin'.....it's enough to make me want to fight....You wanna fight Jack? Ah, hell I'm going bed.

Bootheel, tired of fightin' with Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 am

I sure hope you weren't just a big ole wet blanket for Kathy and the kids last night Joe. I always thought trick or treating would be more fun if people offered a little Crown to the adults when you came knockin. I do so if you ever come this way to trick or treat I'll have some waiting for you. We live out too far I guess and no little kids right here in our area so I've only had 1 trick or treater in the last ten years and they had to drive 20 miles out of there way to get here but I made it worth their while. What did you dress up as?

Jack wondering what Joe was for Halloween???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:35 am

W.T wrote:
All these pictures are a thing of beauty, they are like the vacation I have never took the time to do. ( no excuses) I have always never took the time to take a picture of anything. And now not sure if i can figure it out. Good looking red bull calf Dylan. jack why do you call her Crazy ETTA.

I don't know for sure W T. Her name is Karen, she goes by Suzy and we call her Crazy Etta. Everybody has a nickname I guess. Her husband has called her that for years. They started kindergarden together when they were 5 and have been married close to 50 years. Not many people can say that. Wonderful people. Tom asked what she called me when I'm not around and I said I didn't know but I take back. Anything Etta has to say she will say to your face. They came up here from Texas in the early 70's. She is of the Taylor clan so when the old woman tells Josy Wales to watch for them Taylors down in Texas, that's her clan and her husband say's those are words to live by.

Jack tryin to keep an eye on Crazy Etta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Jack McNamee wrote:
I sure hope you weren't just a big ole wet blanket for Kathy and the kids last night Joe. I always thought trick or treating would be more fun if people offered a little Crown to the adults when you came knockin. I do so if you ever come this way to trick or treat I'll have some waiting for you. We live out too far I guess and no little kids right here in our area so I've only had 1 trick or treater in the last ten years and they had to drive 20 miles out of there way to get here but I made it worth their while. What did you dress up as?

Jack wondering what Joe was for Halloween???

I wore a sign and smile. The sign said Jack McNamee, and smile was scary as hell. No one got it.

Bootheel, dissappointed in the lack of world-wide recognition of Jack Mac
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I can`t thing of a single thing exciting to say about this scene 10/30/2011

here`s something...DAMN OLD FESCUE Smile

Man that Fescue looks good enough to eat.

http://youtu.be/lCybt3eRnak
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Tom D wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
I can`t thing of a single thing exciting to say about this scene 10/30/2011

here`s something...DAMN OLD FESCUE Smile

Man that Fescue looks good enough to eat.

http://youtu.be/lCybt3eRnak
That`s enough to tip the scale Tom...I`m a MadHatter fan..no one can miscoach a football team like Les and still win...I just happened to be in the stands with a great view the night the football gods weren`t happy with Les and let KY beat them while LSU was number 1...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Another Harvest underway had a good start the last few days and a rain day today.

Here is my newest recruit, he grew a foot his first day driving big trucks with grandpa Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 pm

You got that fancy air ride suspension, after martket pimp out riggin' on Your minivan now?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Bootheel wrote:
You got that fancy air ride suspension, after martket pimp out riggin' on Your minivan now?

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:17 pm

My farmer got started on the irrigated bottom ground today. Yield monitor said the first 30 made 177bushel an acre. Cash price at local elevator 7.20 today. Maybe it will make of for running half the cows I should have this year. If the actual yield holds true it will be the best corn ever harvested off that field. Usually the low ground has several drowned out spots.....needless to say this didn't happen this year.

Life is Good

Bootheel

As a postcript Craig-Chickenshit-minivan-driving-Hilman,......how about that air-ride on the grocery getter.

As a post-post script, having time to re-read this thread today, it may just be the best ever, anywhere, period.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:24 am

I have no clue what you two are talking about, Larry’s Xzibit post or W.T's Misfit toys post... either way I didn’t pimp my van.

Apparently I need to trade up to a Cube Van to carry around my well fertilized and growing name.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 am

Can’t compete with the videos Kent and Grassy posted but my cousin put together a little piece with his remote airplane, most of which is from yesterday. Harvest is going well and ahead of normal... took over 20,000 bushels of wheat off yesterday in around 10 hours.

Always look forward to Sunday Sleep

http://youtu.be/3g4YIKc4fwc

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Hilly wrote:
Can’t compete with the videos Kent and Grassy posted but my cousin put together a little piece with his remote airplane, most of which is from yesterday. Harvest is going well and ahead of normal... took over 20,000 bushels of wheat off yesterday in around 10 hours.

Very nice but I thought you were going to combine the other header at 3.18 Shocked How's it yielding ? Some of the small farmer neighbours here are complaining it's like the Saskatchewan scenario - looks good but yields poor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Grassfarmer wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Very nice but I thought you were going to combine the other header at 3.18 Shocked How's it yielding ? Some of the small farmer neighbours here are complaining it's like the Saskatchewan scenario - looks good but yields poor.

My old 91 year old Norwegian neighbor calls that "Swedish Wheat"-- looks great but nothing in the head... Wink

Our area had probably the nicest wheat crops in many years- maybe ever... Our dryland went just short of 40 bushel to the acre-- and the irrigated went 60-70...Lots of folks with 50-60 bushel crops....Railroad hasn't been able to get it shipped out fast enough so most of the Elevators are full... Smile
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Grassfarmer wrote:
Hilly wrote:

It’s funny he put his plane up on that particular pass... running over that header was a very real possibility as my dad was driving my wife’s combine for the afternoon, she had to take Myles to hockey tryouts.

The yields on the earlier fields were average but the quality was exceptional, we have never had protein levels so high. These later wheat fields are above average yield but we haven’t had them graded yet, looks like #1 or 2 but generally the higher they yield the lower the protein.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Hilly wrote:
Grassfarmer wrote:
Hilly wrote:

It’s funny he put his plane up on that particular pass... running over that header was a very real possibility as my dad was driving my wife’s combine for the afternoon, she had to take Myles to hockey tryouts.

The yields on the earlier fields were average but the quality was exceptional, we have never had protein levels so high. These later wheat fields are above average yield but we haven’t had them graded yet, looks like #1 or 2 but generally the higher they yield the lower the protein.

That was cool. It's good to know that the Hilman's have at least one creative genius.

I would be open for hire for assitanceship to the fly-over pictorial creations department of Hilman Inc.

Bootheel
Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Quote :

Enough talk about the wheat harvest...... how did the hockey tryouts go??? I enjoy the pictures Craig.
Kendra
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Man, we've got drones everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Kendra the tryouts are going well, he made it to the final cuts called the Black and White game tomorrow...

Here is a recent video of Myles and his cousins Chase and Levi with their first ever attempt at wild pony racing.

Myles is on the head Chase the rider and Levi the anchor.

My wife wants me to apologize for the wandering camera, as she got a little too into it as Myles tried to jump on himself.

Buddy told me afterward that he found it odd that he didn’t hear the announcer or the crowd but he remembers well the slow motion underside of the pony as it ran over him Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks for shareing hilly that was fun stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 am

After riding mules and horses and rounding up angry crippled cows today, mine needed some real excitement so I took 'em on the merry go round. Merry go rounds are pretty scary stuff. You ever tried to break one of those merry go round ponies? They do pretty good till the music starts, then they jump up and down and fonch and spin in a circle till the music gets shut off. They are sure are placid otherwise though. Your youngins' done good Craig, even if they weren't merry go round ponies.

Bootheel, suffering whiplash from multiple head on colisions at the fair

Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 pm

It’s been a busy spring here but managed to get out camping a few times and spent yesterday at one of my sister’s weddings and thought I’d share...

My sister Terri Ann’s new father in-law driving, both my sister’s and my wife in the front seat and a family friend and sister in-law in the back seat.

The ring bearers and flower girls...

Married couple leaving in a carriage the groom built.

My youngest and his donkey contemplating making a break for the water.

Not sure why my phone was having such a hard time focusing, but I guess it gives a an idea of the day any way.
Back to top Go down
MVCatt

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Craig, that pic of the married couple leaving looks like it could have been taken 100 years ago...good stuff!

MV...full of regrets for not being able to make it in August.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Would have been nice to see you up here Chris, Might not be much to see here on the grain side by the time everyone gets here... We’ve had some early storm activity up here and I suppose it was only a matter of time but we got hit by hail last night to a degree I’ve never seen in my time, always looks the worst the day after. It’s going to put my anti insurance stance to the test pale 

I’ll be closer to your operation this week but not close enough for a visit I don’t think headed to Philly on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Craig, I could see the storm south of us. As usual we were on the dry side of it. I've got a crop here that's well insured and if I'm ever to get a wipeout with hail I'd sure welcome it on this one. A nice pulverizing green manure creating type of storm to tidy it up before the visitors arrive and I'd settle for the cheque.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall on the Farm   

Back to top Go down

Fall on the Farm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next