Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

funnypages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
larkota

PostSubject: funnypages   Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

got the TriState Livestock Cattle Journal today. scanned through and with all the bull ads and up coming sales. top stories were

Avoiding Data Overload- a plethora of tools awaits bull customers in selecting their new stud.

Calving Season Challenges- warming cold calves and assisting calves that dont breath at birth.

Mothering Up- assisting the bonding process between cow and calf.

Eating for Two- a successful calving season begins with prop nutrition before and after calving.

Getting her bred again- ranchers share management strategies that influence two year old conception rates.

Blair Brothers Angus- "YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL" valued-added cattle backed by quality research, data.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:32 pm

yes sirreeee...sounds like they have ALL THE PROBLEMS for sure Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I have been reading that same stuff for years they call it the cattlemen s update. Same stories just different year or different magazine but the same adds and the same stories. But as fast as the purebred breeders come and go they have a market. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 am

wondering if maybe should send Dennis a copy so he can read up before calving them longhorns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 am

I used to do a lot of advertising in the Tristate Livestock News. So when I quit advertising & having bull sales I didn't subscribe to the paper either. But here recently they started sending me free copies. One thing it does show is a consistent lack of talent coming out of our colleges & universities. Nobody does any down & dirty research anymore. They get on the computer and recycle last year's junk into this year's junk. Your above illustration shows this perfectly. You know they're really desperate when they start writing articles such as "How to improve rural marriages", "How rural folks can improve the lives of their dogs by building better dog houses", "cohabitating chickens in the calving barn", "when do you start feeding your barn cats in the fall", you get the point. I slipped over to Advantage the other day and sure appreciated some of the talent that's writing over there. I had no idea WT and Larkota were hammering on them over there.

DV in the vicinity of trying to catch up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 am

There is little or no research done that would not benefit big agribusiness in some form or another.

When I am made King of America for life, I will sell every land grant university to monsanto, close all extension offices nationwide, Lease the national parks to disney on a rent to own basis and sell all government lands to homesteaders/ranchers.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 pm

I was able to choke back my blood pressure this morning before my stress test; it was boiling over from the idea of a new checkoff to fund a contingency fund to protect beef producers from another "Eastern"...in other words, a one for all, socialized KY {USA?}beef production system...
then the disappointment of having been mislead on the stress test, instead of being with seven vestal virgins, it was merely walking on a treadmill... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:44 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I was able to choke back my blood pressure this morning before my stress test; it was boiling over from the idea of a new checkoff to fund a contingency fund to protect beef producers from another "Eastern"...in other words, a one for all, socialized KY {USA?}beef production system...
then the disappointment of having been mislead on the stress test, instead of being with seven vestal virgins, it was merely walking on a treadmill... Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Laughing It is better that way Mike concentrate on the treadmill. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:27 pm

MK, did they let you drag your clubs behind you on the treadmill, using your little garage sale golf bag pull cart thingy? That way you could just close your eyes and go to your happy place.

http://youtu.be/oXrRivLdueE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: funnypages   

Back to top Go down

funnypages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: farm and ranch life-
Jump to: