Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi from new member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikejd4020

PostSubject: Hi from new member   Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi i am new here. I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I am Mike Wilson from Bainville, Mt. I found out about this board from a nieghbor and friend. I have been a guest here for a little while. I run a few cows-mostly angus, with my father. We have never ran a real "traditional" operation, mostly hand to mouth.

I like several things about this board, but the thing I like the most is that very few of you are paralyzed by the paradigm of typical cow-calf operation. While, I can't honestly say that I agree with 100 percent of the things and concepts dicussed on the board, I will not close my mind to your perceptions and thoughts.

Thanks for having me and Greetings from "Wilson's better than nothing ranch."

Mike
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:32 pm

JD4020 would have to say 1 of the top 10 tractors ever made.

glad you made it. hang on its a helluva ride.

tell us more about your hand to mouth operation.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Welcome Mike,
I sure hope to get into your country this coming summer...hopefully, you won`t be wanting to shoot me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
mikejd4020

PostSubject: more   Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:04 pm

We run a couple of hundred head of cows, and a lot of junk. The 4020 just happens to be my favorite piece of junk, it has never left me stranded, although could as it has developed an impressive hydralic leak. .We ranch right on the stateline between MT and ND. All of it is on the Montana side, just north of the Missouri river. The land lays from tough rough to ride a horse in, to flat enough to farm. We do no farming, just a little haying.

As far as the cattle go- we have no grand plans. 100 percent commercial. We sell no bulls, no hiefers for breeding purposes.

Calve about the 1st of April, just in time for the calf-killer blizzard the first part of April. (however this year for some strange reason a calf, now named Jesus by my father, was born on Christmas day. Shocked ) Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Keeney we have a couple of your bulls, they seemed to have adjusted to here fairly well. They are different from what I am used to, not a bad different, just different. I will try to snap a couple of pictures if i can find the camera. Feel free to drop in, we've either lost the gun or can't find bullets every time we see a coyote, so feel safe.

Other than that, just feeding cows, and waiting for winter to start, it's been like one huge drawn out October here.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Your story reminded me of every time I think of Bainville I think of the old State Line Club and the rodeos they held there...The old arena was set up so you came out of the chutes on your bronc in Montana- and if you stayed on to the other end you were in North Dakota.... Laughing

Do you know that character that goes by the name Zane Panasuk?
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: MT-ND   Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:57 pm

I do know that character. They only made one of him.
Those chute are about 3 miles from here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:37 pm

mikejd4020 wrote:

Keeney we have a couple of your bulls............every time we see a coyote, so feel safe.

Mike

That is just awesome, comparing the dangers of a coyote to a Keeney.

Welcome to the freak show.

Bootheel
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: more   Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 am

Sorry for the unintended connection between Keeney and a coyote. Been on this site about 2 days and I have already stuffed my foot into my mouth. That is about par for the course for me.

I have been reading the old posts and catching up on all the gossip. Seems like this site is full of rogues and renegades, sure makes for some interesting reading.

Mike, in the vicinity of a mouse in the corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:52 am

mikejd4020 wrote:
Sorry for the unintended connection between Keeney and a coyote. Been on this site about 2 days and I have already stuffed my foot into my mouth. That is about par for the course for me.

I have been reading the old posts and catching up on all the gossip. Seems like this site is full of rogues and renegades, sure makes for some interesting reading.

Mike, in the vicinity of a mouse in the corner.

Good to see someone new dont worry about the taste of foot after a few times you will start to like it cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 am

You need not worry about offending anyone here Mike...there`s not a lot of defense played here; and in 2012, I hope to rev up the offense Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from new member   

Back to top Go down

Hi from new member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1