Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Merry Christmas everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks W.T

Joe,the four boys on the right are ours; I hope the two of you didn’t resort to the use of your Christmas presents in the midst of your quarrel. Smile

I need to set the record straight, as I wasn’t flying when the engine blew on the plane NH was and he managed to land it on top of that mountain without crashing it. We did however misjudge the time it would take to swap engines, making for interesting cuisine for us and the dogs.

Just getting the replacement up there was an adventure including cops, tow trucks, guard dogs, lead pipes, guns drawn, senile prospectors and vehicles getting washed down flooded rivers making for a cold swim...

I actually don’t know how much of the story I’m authorized to repeat, I may leave that up to NH as I have already said more than he and I agreed needed repeating Embarassed

Then again it’s just the 23 of you, its not like the world will know silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Hilly wrote:
Thanks W.T

Joe,the four boys on the right are ours; I hope the two of you didn’t resort to the use of your Christmas presents in the midst of your quarrel. Smile

I need to set the record straight, as I wasn’t flying when the engine blew on the plane NH was and he managed to land it on top of that mountain without crashing it. We did however misjudge the time it would take to swap engines, making for interesting cuisine for us and the dogs.

Just getting the replacement up there was an adventure including cops, tow trucks, guard dogs, lead pipes, guns drawn, senile prospectors and vehicles getting washed down flooded rivers making for a cold swim...

I actually don’t know how much of the story I’m authorized to repeat, I may leave that up to NH as I have already said more than he and I agreed needed repeating Embarassed

OOP'S Hilly the world knows now there are 3 forms of communication the telephone the internet And the most heard of all TELL A JIMMER cheers cheers cheers cheers and he may be LURKING..... geek geek
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Bootheel wrote:

Tom, has Craig ever told you about the time he crashed a plane in the Yukon and lived off of dog meat and underwear bands. If he hasn't he should. As a matter of fact he should tell it on here to all of us. Maybe Waffle Cone will even illustrate the sidebar for it.

Bootheel, never worried we'll run out of things to talk about.

I must confess, I thought you had already relayed the story to DV and this was his first instalment of me complete with my hair after sacrificing the majority of my clothes to the pair of German Shepherds behind me....

The dumbbells I surmised to be purely figurative of my intellectual status, as they would be of little use in clearing the chain link fence up ahead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Hilly, Great picture of a family of kids, Canada's future looks very good, very bright. DV,(I could move to Smithers, retire to fishing, and falling off logs.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:07 am

Hilly wrote:
Thanks W.T

Craig, Larry pretty much has the Breeding Philosophies under control, but I am afraid his fresh meals on a stick knowledge may be lacking. So just what all did you eat? What was your favorite? What do you never want to eat again?

You never know just which hermit out there needs to know what can be eaten on a stick, and what should be culled if better oppurtunity awaits.

Bootheel, stringy and dry and never to be eaten on a stick
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 am

Bootheel wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Thanks W.T

Craig, Larry pretty much has the Breeding Philosophies under control, but I am afraid his fresh meals on a stick knowledge may be lacking. So just what all did you eat? What was your favorite? What do you never want to eat again?

You never know just which hermit out there needs to know what can be eaten on a stick, and what should be culled if better oppurtunity awaits.

Bootheal, what do you have against sticks? Jerky doesn't require a stick anyway does it? Smile

DB, hoping never to be hungry enough to boot leather.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:27 am

Bootheel wrote:

Bootheel,
Hunger does funny things to the taste buds and is foreign concept to most in our countries, myself included and contains perspective altering elements. Which if I remember right was the original crux of the conversation that lead to the shish-kabob side topic.

Of course if taste had been of concern, getting down off the rocks and into the valleys would increase the size of the menu greatly. rendeer
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:38 am

Dennis Voss wrote:
Hilly, Great picture of a family of kids, Canada's future looks very good, very bright. DV,(I could move to Smithers, retire to fishing, and falling off logs.)

DV, I’m sure you know as per the toilet bowl, that I’m resisting the urge to counter the complement, so I’ll just say thanks Surprised

There are a few fish and a few logs around Smithers Smile

Your “falling of the log” illustration along with Mikes Wendell Berry quote had me reflecting on my log laying sessions... The location of the log plays into the depth of the session, but for full effect I find logs in untamed and unfamiliar territory best for that now plagiarize pissant feeling.

Interesting, to me anyway, what the log has in more abundance than the mountain top, is the sense of vulnerability.

MKeeney wrote:
Dennis Voss wrote:

The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

— Wendell Berry
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:00 am

Craig, two lines of two Wendell Berry poems are all I need to remember...

of grief.

but just in case you slip...

practice resurrection

but I can`t ever forget this simple one...

In the dark of the moon, in flying snow, in the dead of winter,
war spreading, families dying, the world in danger,
I walk the rocky hillside, sowing clover. --Wendell Berry

Come February, it`ll be clover time again...but everyday, is a day, to sow some seeds Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 pm

MKeeney wrote:

of grief.

That is a gripper for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas everyone!   

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2