Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Keep us in your prayers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angus 62

PostSubject: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am

Mike sent me a PM before the Red Lodge gathering to which I replied why I would be unable to attend. In early 2010 my wife Carol went to a Neurologist about a problem she was having with her neck and right arm. She walked out of the office that day with a probable diagnosis of ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. The progression was very fast and last February she had a feeding tube placed as well as having a tracheostomy and was placed on a ventilator. After a month in the hospital we brought her home. Thru God's grace she has still been able to speak after loosing the use of everything else.

Carol is 56 years old and we have a son 15 as well as twin daughters 12. We are reaching the end of the journey with Carol. I told Mike how much I appreciated this website as it has given some moments of diversion when it was greatly needed. Hug your family today and do those things in your heart you know you need to do.

Sincerely,
Curt Werner
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Curt,
Having been around ALS with a couple patients I must say you have a very strong and courageous wife. May you find peace and comfort during these difficult/painful times.
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Curt our thought and prayers are for you, your wife and family.

Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Curt ,
you are on my mind, and have been in my heart with every post you`ve made since I`ve known your situation; whatever and however and if long distance friends can help at all; we`re here as cattlemen and friends for each other. We may love arguing and discussing the trivial things of cattle breeding; but when it comes to Life itself, there is love and respect for each other...
thank you for your input here; and for sharing the above strength of your family with us here...what an example you and your wife have set for the future of "family"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Angus 62 wrote:
Hug your family today and do those things in your heart you know you need to do.

Sincerely,
Curt Werner

Curt- Prayers are going out for your family from NE Montana...
And you are so right about family... I turned down what could have been a very lucrative inspection session for today-- because since some of the deaths/illness's in our family we have tried to make Sundays "Family day" where we can slow the pace of this hectic world and enjoy being together...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Curt: Thanks for spreading a little perspective, you have our prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:43 pm

some days I wonder why anyone would read all the crap here, but some of us enjoy it for varying reasons. I hope you continue to enjoy us, and your wife's life becomes more enjoyable, Curt, and the remainder of your family as well. Godsspeed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Thank you for reminding all of us of what really matters you have been in our prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Curt, Our thoughts are with you. We hope you all find peace during this difficult time. I will definately hug my family a little tighter tonight.

Ben Loyning
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:20 pm

We take so many things for granted. Please tell Carol we here on "the Corner" are praying for her and you, Curt, and your kids.
Back to top Go down
R V

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Curt and Carol,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Thanks for letting us know!

Ron
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Curt you and your family will most certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Curt, your way of writing carries alot of statesmanship, I have always enjoyed reading your work, our prayers are with you and your family. Dennis Voss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Curt, you and your family will be in our thoughts and our prayers. I pray God will bless all of you and yours and grant you comfort and understanding as you go through such a tough time. Jack McNamee
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Curt, Our prayers go out for you and the family. Our only comfort is to know that there is a higher purpose in life than what we see, what we do and how we think that we want to be known. Eddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep us in your prayers   

Back to top Go down

Keep us in your prayers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1