Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pro-starvation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 am

Just out of curiosity how many people agree with Al Rosendahl?

http://www.advantagecattle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6653

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:56 am

Keystone wrote:
Just out of curiosity how many people agree with Al Rosendahl?

http://www.advantagecattle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6653

No agreement here.
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

I would like to think that a lot of people "Think about it".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Starve some now. Starve more later. Either way, somebodies going to starve.

Or, poison some now, poison more later. Either way someone gets poisoned.

Shoot some now, shoot more later. Either way somebody gets shot.

Take responcibility for your own food choices now, or starve later.

It gets rather redundant and I think we covered this in the feed the world fiasco. I will just leave my thoughts there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Not really sure what I think about the biotech thing. I do think that when we are growing millions of acres of biotech corn that does not contribute to feeding a single person, his statement is somewhat idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm

I agree with Greg, not sure about biotech either but to say as a blanket statement that not supporting bio tech automatically makes you a supporter of starvation is idiotic for sure. It is like saying that if you don't support veganism you support global warming.

There are milions of malnourished in developed nations that no one has yet to address and some how biotech is going to address the 800,000,000 million malnourished around the world.

Joe sums it up the quite succinctly, in a world of unequal wealth, resource and political power distribution, technological panacea's are a pipe dream promoted by corporations doing there best to attract capital and satisfy shareholders.

DB

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

The shades of Gray, in a Black and White world, have no place. It is either black or it is white, your either for us or against us, them or us, they and we. I have had the misfortune, to find no man or woman, that I could agree on all things, in all ways, on all the matters of the world. Hence forth, since it is a black and white world, I am sentenced to life of solitude, since I cannot be for them and against them. If the enemy of my enemy, is my friend: how can that be in a black and white world?

There is only good from saving all the calves, all the goats, all the dogs, all the wolves, all the bears, all the whales, all the sheep, all the corn, all the people. Noone suffers when all are saved, right? It is good when all the weeds are dead, all the bugs are dead, all the enemies are dead, all those against us are vanquished, humiliated, put in their place, isn't it?

Bootheel, an outcasted Gray from the Black and White Kingdom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 am

Aristotle, Socrates, Voltaire, Nietzsche,,,, Bootheel...
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Bootheel wrote:
The shades of Gray, in a Black and White world, have no place. It is either black or it is white, your either for us or against us, them or us, they and we. I have had the misfortune, to find no man or woman, that I could agree on all things, in all ways, on all the matters of the world. Hence forth, since it is a black and white world, I am sentenced to life of solitude, since I cannot be for them and against them. If the enemy of my enemy, is my friend: how can that be in a black and white world?

There is only good from saving all the calves, all the goats, all the dogs, all the wolves, all the bears, all the whales, all the sheep, all the corn, all the people. Noone suffers when all are saved, right? It is good when all the weeds are dead, all the bugs are dead, all the enemies are dead, all those against us are vanquished, humiliated, put in their place, isn't it?

Bootheel, an outcasted Gray from the Black and White Kingdom

Bootheel, ah the big picture, well put. Though I am crushed to learn that you may not agree with me on all things, in all ways, on all the matters of the world. Shocked Crying or Very sad

Your sentence of solitude is self imposed, just start practicing some Hatha Yoga and your mind and body will become more fluid, flexible and adaptable, fitting the situation as needed. Release yourself Gray prison Bootheel. Smile

No doubt the wolves have to eat, and yet we loathe being the providers, though some may not be so committed to saving all the sheep. The saved, the dead, the eater, the eaten, the vanquisher, and the vanquished, it's all one big mass of dynamic being, may as well join the what "is" party, choose your role and enjoy. The other alternative is to go meditate in a Himilayan cave for the rest of ones life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-starvation   

Back to top Go down

Pro-starvation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1