Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jmundorf

PostSubject: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Just thought I would let everyone here know about the airing tomorrow night of a project that is part of the reason I don't spend much time here. The National Cattledog Finals was held here in Iowa this last May, and we sold enough advertising to produce a one hour special for RFD TV. Five handler's are highlighted from all over the US, and there is some good dog work shown. I am very happy with the production and served as volounteer director and producer. A local production company in Omaha did the shooting and technical editing of the show. It is on tomorrow night at 8EST,7CST, and Tues morning at 11amEST. Take a look at the youtube clip below for a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrueoyETjUI&feature=feedwll

Jeff Mundorf
Red Oak IA
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Is Juan Reyes in this?
Back to top Go down
jmundorf

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes Juan is one of the handler's featured, with his 2010 National Champion Zak.

Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:52 pm

I have a pup from Juan. Juan is a good guy. Thank You for the heads-up on the show tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 am

Is it before or after the T-post competition Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jmundorf

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:41 am

CC,

Which of Juan's dogs is your pup out of? I have a Red son out of an Iowa bitch that I like a lot. He is just 7 months old but is turned on and fetching sheep (quite rapidly) and I think he is going to be very good.

We have rules to exclude all t-post artists. In fact we deducted points from one competitor(not shown on TV) for sticking his hand through the panels in an alley. If you need a t-post you need a better dog.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:12 pm

jmundorf wrote:
CC,

Which of Juan's dogs is your pup out of? I have a Red son out of an Iowa bitch that I like a lot. He is just 7 months old but is turned on and fetching sheep (quite rapidly) and I think he is going to be very good.

We have rules to exclude all t-post artists. In fact we deducted points from one competitor(not shown on TV) for sticking his hand through the panels in an alley. If you need a t-post you need a better dog.

I`ve owned more dogs that deserved a t-post than cows...but would have spared the dog, and used it on a couple owners if I had gotten close to them...provided they were little guys Smile
I`m a no -rfdtv cable user...any tapes of finals for sale Jeff?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
jmundorf

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 pm

We are working on a DVD to come out in coming weeks. It will be a two hour long DVD featuring full runs, and extra commentary. There is really good stuff that we could not fit into the hour show that we will be able to show on the DVD. The DVD will be available via a link at
www.nationalcattledogfinals.com when they are ready.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:54 pm

My pup would be a younger brother to Zak, from a November, 2010 litter. Red is the sire, Dot, the dam.

Pete, my dog, is a tri-colored, short hair. He's showing a lot of ability. Energy level to the max!
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 pm

So Zak got a little sidetracked at first. It was funny the way Juan was talking to him: "Now pay attention out there. Pay attention out there. Listen to me." Zak: Right boss, where are we going next? what are we doin tomorrow, can I ride in the front seat, whats for dinner, is it my turn, wow it's hot, how come theres so many people here, the ground is wet, more cows, okay stop,turn,go, are we done, is it time to eat, bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm

I just watched most of it with my 4-year old son. He said: "Dad, I think they should all win and share the trophy cause those cowboys all have great dogs." Smile
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:45 pm

That's wonderful. Kids have such a great way of seeing the world. It's a quality we lose as the years and circumstances build. Tom, you tell your son he is 110% right. and don't forget to hug him and tell him how proud you are of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 pm

chocolate cow wrote:
That's wonderful. Kids have such a great way of seeing the world. It's a quality we lose as the years and circumstances build. Tom, you tell your son he is 110% right. and don't forget to hug him and tell him how proud you are of him.

Sounds like a little commie liberal to me.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Gregory Walker wrote:
chocolate cow wrote:

CC, I hugged him and told him what you said, he informed me that he is always 110% right. Smile

Greg, you're probably right. I think that I'll buy him an AR-15 and make him join the Army. Go eat some raisins and watch FOX news you cynical old bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 am

Tom D wrote:
Gregory Walker wrote:
chocolate cow wrote:

CC, I hugged him and told him what you said, he informed me that he is always 110% right. Smile

Greg, you're probably right. I think that I'll buy him an AR-15 and make him join the Army. Go eat some raisins and watch FOX news you cynical old bastard.

Maybe you should buy him a Rush Limbaugh premium membership too before it is too late. Smile
Back to top Go down
jmundorf

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks for watching guys, and Tom, you can tell your son he is right, because if you have a dog good enough to do that, and the relationship built to do it, it is a victory in itself.

For one thing you are a winner because you don't hurt yourself chasing down calves on foot in the pasture. Very Happy

Zak did get confused, but if you understood Juan's whistles right before he started machine gun heeling Juan gave him some confusing whistles. Juan will be sending a couple hundred heifers here from Wyoming to play the game again next May. I am sure Juan will be back next year.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am

my dogs are pretty common by the standards I often see...none the less, I often leave gates open checking cows...ran a few back across the hotwire yesterday; spent 10 extra minutes putting up fence...noticed cows were gone...saw them headed down the blacktop country road in a hurry...fenced, so couldn`t get ahead very quickly with truck...sent dogs to the front...cows stopped, pushed past me, i turn around...hoping cows go back in gate instead of past to main highway...notice one dog is gone...see cows going in gate...yelp, without being told, there he stands heading them in the road...luck? maybe...familiarity instinct? likely...
good dogs, even decent ones like mine, are a real asset...even if you shut gates Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 am

A working dog is amazing. And, what they teach you/me is even more amazing.

I'm not familiar with whistle training so I couldn't decipher Juan's whistle commands. Apparently, each handler has his own unique whistle commands as opposed to the standard voice commands.

Thanks again for the heads-up on the program, Jeff. I sure enjoyed watching it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV   

Back to top Go down

National Cattledog Finals on RFDTV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1