Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Have we got the wrong message about optimisation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Have we got the wrong message about optimisation   Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Have we got the wrong message about optimisation   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:46 pm

So, Troy Marshall thought the American cattle breeders concentrated too much on optimization to the detriment of increased marbling, muscle, etc., in 2002?

MS, in the vicinity of wondering what cows Troy Marshall was looking at in 2002.
Back to top Go down
jmundorf

PostSubject: Re: Have we got the wrong message about optimisation   Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 pm

From a genetic standpoint, the goal has been and always will be to find those genetics that defy genetic antagonisms.

Limits and thresholds exist for all sorts of traits and when one assigns selection pressure to traits, certain populations may be so acceptable in certain areas that they can be ignored in essence.

I think the above two quotes just show that he did not know what he was talking about in 2002. I doubt that he has learned much since.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have we got the wrong message about optimisation   Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 am

jmundorf wrote:
From a genetic standpoint, the goal has been and always will be to find those genetics that defy genetic antagonisms.

Limits and thresholds exist for all sorts of traits and when one assigns selection pressure to traits, certain populations may be so acceptable in certain areas that they can be ignored in essence.

I think the above two quotes just show that he did not know what he was talking about in 2002. I doubt that he has learned much since.

Jeff
another registered game player creating rarity while talking out of both sides of his mouth...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have we got the wrong message about optimisation   

Back to top Go down

Have we got the wrong message about optimisation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1