Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thought on my bull.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trevorgreycattleco

Location : central Ohio exactly the center. stuck in the middle

PostSubject: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 pm

My partner whom I own the bull with paid a fella to come take some pictures of this guy. His ear is turned because I was belloring at him but you can get the idea. Frame 4. Weighs a ton soaking wet. Pictured running with the cows. No photoshop stuff. Just thought I would share and see what folks think. Shorthorn bull from Missouri.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Thought I had the picture deal figured out. Whoops. I will try again after kids go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 pm

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks bootheel. I have put him up before but thought this was a decent pic of him mature.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Brock, is that the bull that resides in Michigan?
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Half the year, yes. I guess he is going to Canada to run a commercial shorthorn deal this fall and spring. Hope all your cattle are doing well Tom.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Nice forage type bull. Will downsize and improve the calves from overly tall rangy or frail type cows. Could be a "cowmaker" bull, has more of what I think that type should be. A little too short legged and short spined for the mainstream. I don't think he will weigh a ton, probably closer to 1700-1800 lbs.

Charles, not far from you.
Back to top Go down
RedBulls

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Brock, are you coming to Red Lodge? It would be a pleasure to meet you! I like your bull. He should work to build a solid set of females.

Ralph Larson
Y Lazy Y Shorthorns
Corvallis, MT
Back to top Go down
http://www.yydurhamcattle.com

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Your welcome Trev, I did not know how to respond to "Thought on my Bull". I seen a fellar Sit on a bull here. I've heard some Hit on their Bulls, or cows. I've hit on a few wimmens in my time, I never thought on one though. Well, this is gettin' ugly, so I had best quit.

Bootheel, currently thought'n on a chair, in the cool air of a double wide, scared to out and die of heat exhaustion
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Well bootheel, one of my favorite things to do is just sit on top of my bull and think. I thought everybody did?

Charles, he weighed 1875 off the trailor at stud a year ago so you are pretty close.

Ralph, I am not sure yet but I am sure going to try. It would be nice to meet you as well. I have known about your operation for a long time. Folks like us are in the minority of the shorthorn world but we are starting to make folks think.

Hey, Double B just dropped off a load of cows and calves along with a Keeney bull. I think he said the bull was a 6309 son? I like him. Nice to see a bunch of angus cattle running out here again. For coming out of a drought and a long trailor ride, they all looked good.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 pm

trevorgreycattleco wrote:
Well bootheel, one of my favorite things to do is just sit on top of my bull and think. I thought everybody did?

Charles, he weighed 1875 off the trailor at stud a year ago so you are pretty close.

Ralph, I am not sure yet but I am sure going to try. It would be nice to meet you as well. I have known about your operation for a long time. Folks like us are in the minority of the shorthorn world but we are starting to make folks think.

Hey, Double B just dropped off a load of cows and calves along with a Keeney bull. I think he said the bull was a 6309 son? I like him. Nice to see a bunch of angus cattle running out here again. For coming out of a drought and a long trailor ride, they all looked good.
the full brother to the Double B 6309 bull from this year`s sale is nearby you in OH; owned by a reader here, Dan Brown...and a full brother is here on his mother, and he isn`t going anywhere but with cows here next spring...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 pm

To look at him, he is just a bull. His attitude is what I like. Dont get me wrong his calves look good. I just like how he acts. Like a cocky barnyard rooster. Not mean. Just got one thing on his mind. As soon as he found the bull pictured above, he went and pushed on him. Made me smile. He has got some libido for sure. Neat to know your using a brother to this guy Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought on my bull.   

Back to top Go down

Thought on my bull.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1