Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

pete and re-pete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: pete and re-pete   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I couldn`t find the last topic with Pete and Re-Pete mentioned; so I just threw today`s pic of Re-pete up here; I suppose I`ll register Re-Pete ; and hope to use him as a trade in an addition I want very badly.....Pete actually is a little bigger and prettier, but did not photograph as well today
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Double B

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Why is the tag on the back of his ear?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 am

Double B wrote:
Why is the tag on the back of his ear?

I get the pin between the ribs of the ear better from the front...
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 am

So you put all your tags in like that? Having some doubts about that.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 am

Mean Spirit wrote:
So you put all your tags in like that? Having some doubts about that.

just fly tags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 am

Have noticed a remarkable uptick in my fly resistance scores since I started giving them a squirt of ultraboss. Wonder if there is a correlation?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

Gregory Walker wrote:
Have noticed a remarkable uptick in my fly resistance scores since I started giving them a squirt of ultraboss. Wonder if there is a correlation?
the only that improves fly resistance quicker is Kit Pharo proclaiming it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:16 pm

I am still impatiently waiting for Scotty to make his debut on the big screen, on his way to fame and fortune, breaking free from the shackles of aninimity.
Back to top Go down
shilow angus

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Sat May 30, 2015 12:54 pm

[quote="MKeeney"]I couldn`t find the last topic with Pete and Re-Pete mentioned; so I just threw today`s pic of Re-pete up here; I suppose I`ll register Re-Pete ; and hope to use him as a trade in an addition I want very badly.....Pete actually is a little bigger and  prettier, but did not photograph as well today
[/quote

Got to see Pete and Re-pete in person this week....Enjoyed the long over due visit Mike.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   Sat May 30, 2015 1:35 pm

shilow angus wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
I couldn`t find the last topic with Pete and Re-Pete mentioned; so I just threw today`s pic of Re-pete up here; I suppose I`ll register Re-Pete ; and hope to use him as a trade in an addition I want very badly.....Pete actually is a little bigger and  prettier, but did not photograph as well today
[/quote

Got to see Pete and Re-pete in person this week....Enjoyed the long over due visit Mike.

Tom, it was overdue...I`ll be over to pick me out an Encore close bred this fall to compliment my Encore battery for next yearl...

I had to give my old bull`s semen away to get him more widely perpetuated...ended up a major influence in several herds; including Shoshone; some just recently discovered the merits...and lo and behold, another former user paid $10,000 for a outcross version to re-introduce the influence...why I`ll never understand... Rolling Eyes give me purity of purpose or give me a crossbred... Smile

We worked the Encore influence calves this morning by two close bred Encores; one from Briann {thanks cheers }; one from here...interesting enough; pretty easy to imagine the difference and guess who likely sired who...not so sure about the philosophy of close breds breeding the pedigree genotype; this case, the two bulls have bred their individual phenotype...
inbreeding useless without selection ?

anyway, since I know the basic characteristics of these cattle, a grater influence will be put back into the pool next year...
but for now, Pete and Re-Pete`s time has come...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pete and re-pete   

Back to top Go down

pete and re-pete
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1