Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Reflections from LL ©

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
AuthorMessage
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 535
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

W.T wrote:
I guess this is what describes the main stream registered breeders to me. Most will think iam Nuts but what the Hell.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.
I dunno why she swallowed that fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;
How absurd, to swallow a bird!
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat.
Imagine that, she swallowed a cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog.
What a hog! To swallow a dog!
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a goat.
Just opened her throat and swallowed a goat!
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog ...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow.
I don't know how she swallowed a cow!
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat...
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a horse -
She's dead, of course.

In the end is this the fate of the registered cow. I Think she'll Die scratch scratch


There was an Old Granny that started a breed,
Hugh felt the need to start up a breed,
Did he succeed?
They bred her to Jock to keep her polled,
But then all the daughters didn't get so old,
But at least they were polled.
They bred her to Laddie to keep her black,
Polled and Black! Imagine that.
No going back.
They brought the breed across the ocean,
With a good deal of polled and black promotion,
Oh what commotion.
They bred her to Sunbeam to make her squat,
Like it or not, they made her squat.
Was it all for naught?
They bred her to Colossal to make her bigger,
Bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger,
That's what they figured.
They bred her to a Holstein to make her milk flow,
And see just how far they could get her to go
Well now we know.
They bred her to Rito to make her gain,
And make bigger cows for folks to maintain,
Oh what a pain.
They bred her to Big Sky to make her tall,
To compete with the Chi's and Simmentals,
She beat 'em all.
They bred her to Precision to make her scan,
And so on and so on, there is no plan,
It's all a scam.
They bred her to Precision to fix the Big Sky,
They bred her to Big Sky to fix the Rito,
They bred her to Rito to fix the Holstein,
They bred her to Holstein to fix the Colossal,
They bred her to Colossal to fix the Sunbeam,
They bred her to Sunbeam to fix the Laddie,
They bred her to Laddie to fix the Jock,
They bred her to Jock to fix the Granny of Old,
And they're still black and polled!

TD, for WT and LL.




Back to top Go down
chocolate cow



Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks Mike.
Back to top Go down
larkota



Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 57
Location : Kimball South Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:56 am

is it a merry-go- round or a roulette wheel?

good writing Tom. I envy you.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Very impressive TD, I am glad you use your talents for good and not evil...
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Tom D wrote

"......They bred her to _____ to fix the Granny of Old,
And they're still black and polled!

TD, for WT and LL. "


WT and LL thank you Tom, and after 200 years of progressively chasing outliars for more
Mostly black and mostly polled
Nary a worry bout growin' old
Here's DV's composite of Young Nanny today
Poor Old Granny's in my house to stay




LL in the desert where less is more
Back to top Go down
tc



Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 67
Location : Moss,Tn

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 am

Tom D wrote:
W.T wrote:
I guess this is what describes the main stream registered breeders to me. Most will think iam Nuts but what the Hell.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.
I dunno why she swallowed that fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;
How absurd, to swallow a bird!
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat.
Imagine that, she swallowed a cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog.
What a hog! To swallow a dog!
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a goat.
Just opened her throat and swallowed a goat!
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog ...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow.
I don't know how she swallowed a cow!
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat...
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a horse -
She's dead, of course.

In the end is this the fate of the registered cow. I Think she'll Die scratch scratch


There was an Old Granny that started a breed,
Hugh felt the need to start up a breed,
Did he succeed?
They bred her to Jock to keep her polled,
But then all the daughters didn't get so old,
But at least they were polled.
They bred her to Laddie to keep her black,
Polled and Black! Imagine that.
No going back.
They brought the breed across the ocean,
With a good deal of polled and black promotion,
Oh what commotion.
They bred her to Sunbeam to make her squat,
Like it or not, they made her squat.
Was it all for naught?
They bred her to Colossal to make her bigger,
Bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger,
That's what they figured.
They bred her to a Holstein to make her milk flow,
And see just how far they could get her to go
Well now we know.
They bred her to Rito to make her gain,
And make bigger cows for folks to maintain,
Oh what a pain.
They bred her to Big Sky to make her tall,
To compete with the Chi's and Simmentals,
She beat 'em all.
They bred her to Precision to make her scan,
And so on and so on, there is no plan,
It's all a scam.
They bred her to Precision to fix the Big Sky,
They bred her to Big Sky to fix the Rito,
They bred her to Rito to fix the Holstein,
They bred her to Holstein to fix the Colossal,
They bred her to Colossal to fix the Sunbeam,
They bred her to Sunbeam to fix the Laddie,
They bred her to Laddie to fix the Jock,
They bred her to Jock to fix the Granny of Old,
And they're still black and polled!

TD, for WT and LL.



Well said Tom...you hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4596
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 am

I was mulling over the transition of registered business to cattle breeder to Tru-Line efforts tonight...LL, DV, even me, who`s just a bleep on the screen...
we birds of a feather sit around chirpping on the negative electric line; but that`s pretty easy; flying off in a positive direction is what finally counts for something... sometimes it takes a special set of unique circumstances{even a tsunami?} to free ourselves from the "registered business" and move to a new era in breeding...well illustrated by my favorite singers and actors below...and soon to be illustrated by my favorite artist {just a friendly reminder DV Smile }

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdRdqp4N3Jw

why is freedom so scary?...oh what a feeling to be free!

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 pm

''Colonial rebellions throughout the modern world have been acts of shared political imagination. Unless unhappy people develop the capacity to trust other unhappy people, protest remains a local affair easily silenced by traditional authority. Usually, however, a moment arrives when large numbers of men and women realize for the first time that they enjoy the support of strangers, ordinary people much like themselves who happen to live in distant places and whom under normal circumstances they would never meet. It is an intoxicating discovery. A common language of resistance suddenly opens to those who are most vulnerable to painful retribution the possibility of creating a new community. As the conviction of solidarity grows, parochial issues and aspirations merge imperceptibly with a compelling national agenda which only a short time before may have been the dream of only a few. For many Americans colonists this moment occurred late in the spring of 1774."

-- T.H. Breen, The Marketplace of Revolution: How Consumer Politics Shaped American Independence, Oxford University Press, 2004, p.1.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4596
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Bootheel wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
I was mulling over the transition of registered business to cattle breeder to Tru-Line efforts tonight...LL, DV, even me, who`s just a bleep on the screen...
we birds of a feather sit around chirpping on the negative electric line; but that`s pretty easy; flying off in a positive direction is what finally counts for something... sometimes it takes a special set of unique circumstances{even a tsunami?} to free ourselves from the "registered business" and move to a new era in breeding...well illustrated by my favorite singers and actors below...and soon to be illustrated by my favorite artist {just a friendly reminder DV Smile }

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdRdqp4N3Jw

why is freedom so scary?...oh what a feeling to be free!


It is not a negative line. It the the ground or grounded. Much better analogy Mike. Get it right next time, but nice effort anyway.



Bootheel, positively grounded in reality
my apologies; grounded is correct; so well grounded, we can fly Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mean Spirit



Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

MKeeney wrote:



my favorite singers and actors below...and soon to be illustrated by my favorite artist {just a friendly reminder DV Smile }

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdRdqp4N3Jw

why is freedom so scary?...oh what a feeling to be free!


It turned out ok, but am I the only one who hit ths link, pretty sure that Sister Sledge or Donna Summer was about to be on the screen?

Mean
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

AH Allison, I have a major crush on her!
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs



Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Tom D wrote:
W.T wrote:
I guess this is what describes the main stream registered breeders to me. Most will think iam Nuts but what the Hell.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.
I dunno why she swallowed that fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;
How absurd, to swallow a bird!
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly -
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat.
Imagine that, she swallowed a cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog.
What a hog! To swallow a dog!
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a goat.
Just opened her throat and swallowed a goat!
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog ...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow.
I don't know how she swallowed a cow!
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat...
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog...
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
But I dunno why she swallowed that fly
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a horse -
She's dead, of course.

In the end is this the fate of the registered cow. I Think she'll Die scratch scratch


There was an Old Granny that started a breed,
Hugh felt the need to start up a breed,
Did he succeed?
They bred her to Jock to keep her polled,
But then all the daughters didn't get so old,
But at least they were polled.
They bred her to Laddie to keep her black,
Polled and Black! Imagine that.
No going back.
They brought the breed across the ocean,
With a good deal of polled and black promotion,
Oh what commotion.
They bred her to Sunbeam to make her squat,
Like it or not, they made her squat.
Was it all for naught?
They bred her to Colossal to make her bigger,
Bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger,
That's what they figured.
They bred her to a Holstein to make her milk flow,
And see just how far they could get her to go
Well now we know.
They bred her to Rito to make her gain,
And make bigger cows for folks to maintain,
Oh what a pain.
They bred her to Big Sky to make her tall,
To compete with the Chi's and Simmentals,
She beat 'em all.
They bred her to Precision to make her scan,
And so on and so on, there is no plan,
It's all a scam.
They bred her to Precision to fix the Big Sky,
They bred her to Big Sky to fix the Rito,
They bred her to Rito to fix the Holstein,
They bred her to Holstein to fix the Colossal,
They bred her to Colossal to fix the Sunbeam,
They bred her to Sunbeam to fix the Laddie,
They bred her to Laddie to fix the Jock,
They bred her to Jock to fix the Granny of Old,
And they're still black and polled!

TD, for WT and LL.





Laughing Laughing Laughing

A Dandy Tom Dandy!

Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 pm

J's question

" '...FAA 00 6 with the highest inbreeding coefficient of 42% fortunately died at birth ....before he could pass on his harmful homogenous genes to the next generation'....how much are we willing to pay to get more purity, prepotency...?"

Response:

"....despite FAA OO6 dying the "harmful genes" are still prevalent in the population. Have you read any of the stuff to synthesize why we must have both beneficial and harmful genes ?? "


J:

"I'll tell you why we have harmful genes if you can tell me why the system has the beneficial and confounding phenomena of heterosis built into it? Why natural law dictates that along with the best there will always be some of the worst. And why distributions are preserved with such tenacity.?"

Response

"OK J, you give it a go first, tell me why we have harmful genes"

J:

"All right...well, I'm pretty sure I could answer better, if I had the answer to my three somewhat related questions, but I'll try. I better soak on it awhile though."

Response

"If you soak on it too long, your skin is apt to get wrinkled."


J's been soaking for quite awhile, so I'll give it a go first with a condensed version of natural law made by some of those with wrinkled skin for interesting things to think about while feeding your cows:

".....who or what or how did natural law all come about...do we operate on the only system that our species could survive.....a system which carries within itself the seeds of its own extinction.....what forces hide behind the curiosity of attraction..... whereIn most animals, the territorial male fights for the right to the females.....and in so doing he demonstrates physical strength and superiority....all somewhat related, all loaded with recessives, still the dominate genes fight killing each other.....wherein the built in enemy is not only the dominate, but at last the smallest recessive population control mechanisms....."

What happens to a species who is allowed to over populate itself out of room......given an ideal environment with plenty of room and plenty to eat, they get fat and lazy, eventually populating themselves out of room, finally killing and eating each other.....is this why obesity reciprocates subfertility or vice versa; or why Bootheel experienced cannibalistic chickens; or why large breasted turkeys can only mate via AI, or why some sows eat their newborn litters; or why some cows kill their own new born calves; or why some bulls are acclaimed continuous show winners despite their sub/infertility..... yes, by natural law harmful genes will prevail out of necessity in a species population to assure survival.... all man can do is learn how to manage them for his benefit.

Whilst traveling down memory lane on the road less traveled learning how to harness hybrid power and when to terminate it, it is not a question of how much are we willing to pay to get more purity, prepotency.....it is a question of how much it is costing us not to, from our ignorant defiance of natural law.

LL loaded with harmful genes to assure mankind`s survival cheers cheers cheers



Last edited by Larry Leonhardt on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:57 pm

If a man's cattle are a reflection of the man ....then is this the progressive evolutionary effects of the scientific Beef Improvement Federation's performance movement by the numbers



LL .....extremely grateful for the genetic checks and balances of natural law Shocked Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4596
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

and in regard to "scientific performance evolution", this from Gavin...

Gavin, do you have an idea of the herd average change in yearling epd from 15-20 years ago compared to todays level? thx, mk


Mike

Checking with William. I have nothing to do with the records now. When we began we were doing 1 kilo per year in growth but this was the beginning after climbing out of the Bulmar effect. I was not anticipating that to continue. That was part of the multiselection so recovery had set in. But I shall find out what is happening now. We are stacking more weight into the existing frameRegards

Gavin


and I must ask why? I notice little jimmer can`t make the differentiation between a 20% increase in growth rate...and a 20% change in claimed efficiency...I`m very supportive of the Pinebank program, but as Gavin says...I`ll need to see the feed consumption records before I believe a 20 % increase in efficiency...the only improvement in efficiency I can see is in a system, not in an individual...





Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 am

"......We are stacking more weight into the existing frame. Regards, Gavin"

Throughout the last couple centuries, the British beef breeds have been trying to stack more LIVE WEIGHT on many different size frames, each with more MEAT WEIGHT in the shorter period of time, with the leanest to the fattest, different yielding carcass'. Many years ago DN, a prominent and successful performance breeder in IA, told me he was breeding for NUTS, GUTS 'N BUTTS......now decades later it has been another educational study to follow that journey back from the future. Setting the registered business aside for now, believe it or not, IMHO, in the real beef business, the single common cause of our perpetual movement ultimately is in our disatifaction with the working COW. Here's the latest modern version:




Now hear this all ye bobbleheads banished to KC
The new 2012 ABS paternal circus is in town for ya'll ta see
The newest Coney Island eatin' contests have again begun
Come join the fun 'n bring along yer ole A.I. gun

Learn how ta stack more weight into the same sized frame
All ya gotta do is buy semen ta win this ole paternal game
Looks like Gavin will soon be a gettun
Lot'sa new 'n mighty paunchy competishun

Sign up for a free 2012 calendar from the Angus Hall of Fame
It's featurin' the '64 champion from the ole International game
L'le Jimmer's boss must be a jumpin' up n' down with joy
Now that big Jimmer's boss is a promotin' PCC's favorite ploy

We can use DF's measurin' tapes to prove once and for all
Which new piggy cow has the biggest paunch before they fall
And from the ruminating ABS "pasture to plate"
The winners will be judged by how much they actually ate

If this ABS paternal cover cow for now is among the very best
Twil be a shortage of hard workin' cows they've now laid to rest
So breedin' for those needin' workin' cows is sure ta beome a plus
Thanx ABS fer solve'n the other half'a the puzzle fer the rest of us

And if anyone's stuck in a rut in bottleland missin' out on all this huntin' fun
There's an ABS rep near ta teach ya how ta use the new AI dart gun
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Who's the craziest bottlehead of us all

LL....in the dangerous vicinity of being declared the winner by consenselessnus

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4596
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Now hear this all ye bobbleheads banished to KC
The new 2012 ABS paternal circus is in town for ya'll ta see
The newest Coney Island eatin' contests have again begun
Come join the fun 'n bring along yer ole A.I. gun


Martha Stewart is such an opportunist to turn a quick buck...build a Coney Island eatin contest by the numbers and she will participate
...and furnish the competition their hot hogs Smile



betcha can`t eat just one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 am

Whatever the man was thought to be, he is the fella that developed a strong distaste for frumpy, grumpy masculine females posing as cows, yet those have always been the favorite taste of the specialized feeders and whip crackers of the packers. He's the fella who moved forward beyond the Moses era with their sacrificial sorting sticks and slave whips. He's the fella who matched the glass slipper to the hard working cinderella cow, the lone fair maiden standing at the top of Tom's pyramid above all the fracas of her lazy, frumpy, grumpy wicked step sisters. He's the fella who hitched up to this cinderella cow......free at last, free at last, together they went off and formed a new harmonious smiley kingdom, spreading those contented smiley seeds from sea to shining sea, from the deserts of Idaho to the swamps of Florida, from the fescue of Kentucky to the vast plains of Canada.....who wear such big smiles on their faces, observers can't tell whether their workin' or playin'.... why even the seedless fruit from these HUMBLE, LONG UNRECOGNIZED cinderellas are smilin sayin'.better a shorter happy life than a longer tormented one. Smile


And Mike, thanks for recognizing my humble cinderella who dedicated her life to motherhood, it was love at first sight.....Thank all of you, it's a wonderful life here in Bigsmileyland



And speaking of love at first sight, I was reminded of how Hilly tastefully hitched himself to this previously unrecognized humble cinderella Smile



LL in the kingdom of Libertyville, Bigsmiley - USA .....conversin' with my harem of humble, contented cinderellas smiling as they work with a natural aversion to T-posts and abyss guns


Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4596
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Larry,
I`m inclined to believe there may be more stability to offer , though not in the context we usually speak, in the stouter kind...





Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Hilly



Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : Sylvan Lake, Alberta

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
J's question

" '...FAA 00 6 with the highest inbreeding coefficient of 42% fortunately died at birth ....before he could pass on his harmful homogenous genes to the next generation'....how much are we willing to pay to get more purity, prepotency...?"

Response:

"....despite FAA OO6 dying the "harmful genes" are still prevalent in the population. Have you read any of the stuff to synthesize why we must have both beneficial and harmful genes ?? "


J:

"I'll tell you why we have harmful genes if you can tell me why the system has the beneficial and confounding phenomena of heterosis built into it? Why natural law dictates that along with the best there will always be some of the worst. And why distributions are preserved with such tenacity.?"

Response

"OK J, you give it a go first, tell me why we have harmful genes"

J:

"All right...well, I'm pretty sure I could answer better, if I had the answer to my three somewhat related questions, but I'll try. I better soak on it awhile though."

Response

"If you soak on it too long, your skin is apt to get wrinkled."


J's been soaking for quite awhile, so I'll give it a go first with a condensed version of natural law made by some of those with wrinkled skin for interesting things to think about while feeding your cows:

".....who or what or how did natural law all come about...do we operate on the only system that our species could survive.....a system which carries within itself the seeds of its own extinction.....what forces hide behind the curiosity of attraction..... whereIn most animals, the territorial male fights for the right to the females.....and in so doing he demonstrates physical strength and superiority....all somewhat related, all loaded with recessives, still the dominate genes fight killing each other.....wherein the built in enemy is not only the dominate, but at last the smallest recessive population control mechanisms....."

What happens to a species who is allowed to over populate itself out of room......given an ideal environment with plenty of room and plenty to eat, they get fat and lazy, eventually populating themselves out of room, finally killing and eating each other.....is this why obesity reciprocates subfertility or vice versa; or why Bootheel experienced cannibalistic chickens; or why large breasted turkeys can only mate via AI, or why some sows eat their newborn litters; or why some cows kill their own new born calves; or why some bulls are acclaimed continuous show winners despite their sub/infertility..... yes, by natural law harmful genes will prevail out of necessity in a species population to assure survival.... all man can do is learn how to manage them for his benefit.

Whilst traveling down memory lane on the road less traveled learning how to harness hybrid power and when to terminate it, it is not a question of how much are we willing to pay to get more purity, prepotency.....it is a question of how much it is costing us not to, from our ignorant defiance of natural law.

LL loaded with harmful genes to assure mankind`s survival cheers cheers cheers


Thanks for sharing this dialog and thought process, it always interesting to me how many different ways one can communicate the same basic fundamentals principals and still glean from it.

As I read this short exchange of thought, it put a smile on my bobbling head as I held varying definitions of progress up to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt



Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 am

MKeeney wrote:
Larry,
I`m inclined to believe there may be more stability to offer , though not in the context we usually speak, in the stouter kind...







Laughing, I love the grins on their faces so proud of their simple ingenuity.... it does illustrate the TEMPORARY utility of extremes....BUT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin


Posts : 535
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 38
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
Larry,
I`m inclined to believe there may be more stability to offer , though not in the context we usually speak, in the stouter kind...







Laughing, I love the grins on their faces so proud of their simple ingenuity.... it does illustrate the TEMPORARY utility of extremes....BUT Very Happy

BUT...eventually there are gonna be some bumps in the road, or they're gonna have to turn a corner. Then he might wish his female companion had a little more FINESSE. Perhaps more along the lines of this phenotype:



The nice thing about this type is that they are much more versatile, and if you still feel that you need the extra stability, you can fit TWO of them on the fender. Very Happy

And if you just can't stand to give up the extra payweight, additional mass can be added back into the system via the paternal side.



Frumpy girls are like mopeds, they're both fun to ride until your friends see you.

TD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   

Back to top Go down
 
Reflections from LL ©
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 43 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
 Similar topics
-
» Angelic Reflections
» Reflections
» Reflections Condensed
» Reflections from LL---Condensed
» Reflections from LL ©

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: