Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Seeings how the revolution is supposed to be coming, making the proper preparations.

The observation tower/warrior training facility with optics.

[img][/img]

escape pod

[img][/img]

Agility training

[img][/img]

Mess Hall

[img][/img]

the whole sha-bang

[img][/img]

The chickens/ creatures/ foghorn leghorn-littles Very Happy that are haunting Dylan at night.

[img][/img]

[img][/img] elephant

Consulting services available to make your preparations for the Revolution, for psychotherapy services you will be refered to Jack.

thanks for your consideration

Life is Good

Bootheel

Back to top Go down
Double B

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I could live in that, looks better than my house
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Just some pics, non Revolutionary, well maybe, a couple of borrowed bulls from a fellar that would not sell them, then would, kindly dishonest...maybe just fickle.

Aptly named, Sniffy

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Just ol' Sam

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Maybe a little blue-ish hue to the atmospheric conditions?

The Relax Inn

[img][/img]

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Union. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Great Pictures Joe.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 am

yeah Joe,
you know the owner is slipping when you, the buyer, has to point out the dam of your newly acquired herd bull...at least we found her daughter tagged, sired by none other, than her son...
ole NZ looks mighty slick ...I think he will be a Godsend of sorts into Fescue country...and don`t it make you feel pretty comfortable when you look at them everyday about spending the $5000...and getting TWO bulls instead of one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 am

I like your "Sam" bull; how is he bred?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am

df wrote:
Sniff will be the cowmaker...Sam a beefmaker....the debate continues over..."type" preference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:11 am

Really nice Joe. Cattle look great. Bulls are slicked off. If OT sees this he will break down and cry. I especially like the picture of a boy and his Cat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 am

Jack, we had to use the Cat to break ground for the Warrior training facility, overkill yes, effective, also yes.

I agree with Mike, with optimism for some type improvement here with Sam, while Sniffy can be less than cooperative or photogenic on picture day, I simply look at him, see his mother, and smile.

Thanks all,

Bootheel
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:15 am

Pretty clever... At first glance the training facilities look like harmless play things, the cadet revolutionaries appear to be merely innocent children. The powers that be would certainly not feel threatened by this operation-- their first mistake in the coming war.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 am

Jack McNamee wrote:
Really nice Joe. Cattle look great. Bulls are slicked off. If OT sees this he will break down and cry. I especially like the picture of a boy and his Cat.

Like I said.
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:
Sniff will be the cowmaker...Sam a beefmaker....the debate continues over..."type" preference

Pure opinion but no data. If there was good data, then the debate would be over. Instead around and around we go as the marketers continue to brand their product, never wanting their product to be "taste tested" for fear the truth will come out. Or maybe the marketers are aware the definition of "Angus" has changed so the way to be the leader is to "change it back"?

Why would anybody use Sam as a beefmaker; I thought that is what CH would offer as a cross on the straightbred commercial Angus cows?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 am

df wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:

Pure opinion but no data. If there was good data, then the debate would be over. Instead around and around we go as the marketers continue to brand their product, never wanting their product to be "taste tested" for fear the truth will come out. Or maybe the marketers are aware the definition of "Angus" has changed so the way to be the leader is to "change it back"?

Why would anybody use Sam as a beefmaker; I thought that is what CH would offer as a cross on the straightbred commercial Angus cows?
it`s not opinion; it`s what you don`t have...experience with types and associated characteristics...for some of us, cattle breeding is a livlihood, not a research paper maker...you gripe, you critique...and yet you never offer the "numbers" that make a good cow...I`m making a living by living up to my expectations of profitable beef production...paying taxes, paying your undeserved salary for you continue to fail to produce what you say i need...
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:47 pm

MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:

it`s not opinion; it`s what you don`t have...experience with types and associated characteristics...for some of us, cattle breeding is a livlihood, not a research paper maker...you gripe, you critique...and yet you never offer the "numbers" that make a good cow...I`m making a living by living up to my expectations of profitable beef production...paying taxes, paying your undeserved salary for you continue to fail to produce what you say i need...

And just like so many, you want something for nothing. I tell you that I need specific data that does not take much time, effort or money and you say I'll give my time, effort and money when I get the information. Round and round; in the end you won't get what you want because you won't submit what is needed.

It is still opinion because you won't and can't prove that he will make better daughters. The whole argument potentially becomes mute because the point is profit, not "better females". It is not about one bull that can do it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:58 pm

DF: With all due respect, none of what you are asking for has anything to do with producing a "better cow" and if you think that we are advocating that one bull does everything, you need to pay a little closer attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Ah some wise sage's in our presence, MS indeed the facility is well camoflauged, in plain sight, and readily equiped with long range projectiles

Indeed Sir Gregory, every boy should have a hairless Cat, mine are well cared for.

As to the type discussion, that was the point of the pics, and revolution, I have my leanings, through experience and failure. The main point of any arguement, or discusion of types, be they numbers or phenotype, should be whether they are Production Stock, or Parent Stock. Some could certainly be used for both, but one will most definetly give up a point of production to the other, in some aspect, be growth, longevity, etc.

Me, I love the ugly little bunghole of looking bull Sniffy, he is a Man's Man, pretty is a female trait, I start seeing pretty men, I get a little worried. I hope every day he is alive he just gets uglier and uglier. All the data I need, was his now15 year old mother, and sire being less than or equal to her. Either way, right or wrong, this is a long haul trip, with bumps and hazards and shangai roosters along the way. Young warriors being trained to protect and look out for me along the journey.

Most folks, if they had a favorite would pick Sam, I will use him to fill a need, but the type is worrisome to me somewhat. He is on the verge of being the fleshing ease, 6807 ish, and if taken too far, for the wrong purpose, will I presume, reduce milk flow and increase selfishness. If I have time I will try to validate some of the above with a picture story, of a cow, being bred to her equal, lesser, and more, linebred, outcrossed and such. It is Revolutionary material, for me, my best customer, and the hardest one to please.

Good Day Gentlemen

Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Gregory Walker wrote:
DF: With all due respect, none of what you are asking for has anything to do with producing a "better cow" and if you think that we are advocating that one bull does everything, you need to pay a little closer attention.

Having a calf every year and doing it into their teens is not making a better cow? Collecting birthdate information and disposal codes/date can tell a good story. Neither of these are that difficult to collect and submit.

This reproductive data, plus wts can be used in indexes to rank sires for profit. All of it, except actual birthweights are EASY and CHEAP to collect.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:51 pm

df wrote:
Gregory Walker wrote:

Having a calf every year and doing it into their teens is not making a better cow? Collecting birthdate information and disposal codes/date can tell a good story. Neither of these are that difficult to collect and submit.

This reproductive data, plus wts can be used in indexes to rank sires for profit. All of it, except actual birthweights are EASY and CHEAP to collect.
well good enough then; tell us who is the very best bull in the Angus breed to make daughters with?
cheap and easy my ass...weigh, record, record again, pay a fee, register to see results...and all you could offer me earlier was the RCC website which is about as full of BS and bad bulls as anything I`ve seen...once again, that`s opinion developed from experiencing piss poor results with the same cattle he promotes...so far all you`ve provided is the thud of beating a dead horse...I`ll take Voss`s experienced opinion over any formula you create any day...
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Wow, I did not know weighing calves individually on a scale was such hard work. My experience says good stockmanship makes it easy work. "If it is hard, you are doing something wrong"....unless your cattle are crazy, which I doubt.

And again, you ask me to name the best bull, when I patiently ask you to submit a little truthful data so it can be proven (instead of marketed). Funny, and round and round we go again!! Very Happy

$18/cow allow you to register and transfer one calf in the Gelbvieh breed (Total Herd Reporting). That is the only fee to also report the disposal of the cows. It probably does not cost anymore than that to record and transfer an Angus calf out of owned sires. The money is not the issue, unless your margins in this business are so slim that $18/cow will break you, which I know it won't.

The only thing you brought up before was the issue of relating SC to fertility and an email from a commercial producer who did not get what they expected. Now the whole website is full of BS and bad bulls? Seriously? These are the same bulls endorsed by commercial cattlemen as heifer bulls.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Indeed old cows that have calves into their teens, SHOULD NOT BE AN IMPROVEMENT, but the sad, sad fact is, it is desperately needed, by me. I could probably find one by searching the numbers, but it has not worked yet. As for costs of data collection, registery and such, probably better than 50 dollars a head, not including ultrasound, another 25, plus any genomic, parental profiles, labor and such, on two hundred cows....1 So for me that would be anywhere from, 10,000 to 20,000 or your joke of 18 dollars, REAL cost, would be just shy of 4000. Any of which would provide far better return in improvements in pasture conditions. But I have nothing to sell you, so nothing to prove to you, Mr. DF, so both of our times are pretty much wasted. My time is not worth that much, or I would be out weighing, grading, measuring something right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Bootheel wrote:
Indeed old cows that have calves into their teens, SHOULD NOT BE AN IMPROVEMENT, but the sad, sad fact is, it is desperately needed, by me. I could probably find one by searching the numbers, but it has not worked yet. As for costs of data collection, registery and such, probably better than 50 dollars a head, not including ultrasound, another 25, plus any genomic, parental profiles, labor and such, on two hundred cows....1 So for me that would be anywhere from, 10,000 to 20,000 or your joke of 18 dollars, REAL cost, would be just shy of 4000. Any of which would provide far better return in improvements in pasture conditions. But I have nothing to sell you, so nothing to prove to you, Mr. DF, so both of our times are pretty much wasted. My time is not worth that much, or I would be out weighing, grading, measuring something right now. Very Happy

You can value your time as you wish......BTW, what numbers did you use to find these genetically superior cows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:04 pm

What cows, how genetically superior?

In the interest of accurate data, all must be recorded, every measure and test availabe, genetic, defect and otherwise, to satisfy, everyone. I am only interested in my own needs, and meeting acceptable end product, which is a broad target, easily reached, genetically, thru management. The reason I am interested in older cows, is too many fallouts at an early age for me. The Formative Years, provides all the data collection, and corelations, I should ever need. No need for me to remeasure the types, as I have actually owned and observed cows, to make a living. Oh there will always be data, DF, just not much public data needed for me to accomplish fairly simple goals. I have no desire to change the laws of gravity, or once again create as many expections to the rule as possible. I am more interested in acceptable, which is fairly easy to ascertain from the eye, rather than gathering all the information, from all over the world, in all the traits, in all the ways available, only to figure out, the breeder sells all his cows at 3, and flushes the best two's every year, to make so called progress.

enough for now

Bootheel, in the vicinity of some real cows, not being measured today

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Guys, Guys, Guys! Quit asking stupid questions. Everybody knows that SAV Final Answer 0035 is the best cowmaker in the breed, because he has the highest $W value. The data proves it.
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Bootheel wrote:

What lines consistently are productive into their teens?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch   

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Revolution at the chicken little, blue sky is falling ranch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next