Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cork screw penis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Cork screw penis   Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Maybe I have been lucky all my life but I had never seen this in a bull until this year. Can anyone tell me what causes it. Does it come on quick? Will it be caught when a bull is semen checked? I had a three year old bull show up mid way through last breeding season with it. I know he was able to breed earlier in the season becaues I saw him do it. I thouhgt he got too excited too soon and that was all it was, but now I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: Cork screw penis   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 pm

The literature says it is most likely do to an injury and is more prevelant in older bulls. Had a Ranger g 1720 son develop this condition at 5 for the 3 owner and 4 years of breeding. The only solution is to cash him out at the high price for cull bulls. Very Happy Sorry to hear about the loss of your breeding bull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cork screw penis   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Jack I had one in a three year old as well this year. He checked out fine on the BSE but in oberserving him he wasn't getting the job done. I pulled him out and brought him home. About two months later we had a cow with a broken legged calf right here near the place come into heat and didn't have a bull around so I put him with her hoping somthing had changed and he still couldn't get the job done. The crappy part of the whole deal is that he was my four year old boys pet. He had to learn about the life in the livestock industry pretty young. Now he thinks that whenever something goes wrong with a bovine that we should take it to town and sell it so we can eat it at McDonalds!

Ben Loyning
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cork screw penis   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:23 pm

When something goes wrong with a bovine, you take it to town so that everyone can eat at McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cork screw penis   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

When I first saw this topic I thought it was just another one of Dennis' nicknames for someone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cork screw penis   

Back to top Go down

Cork screw penis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1