Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

a New Flush Cow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 am

mikejd4020 wrote:
Now here this. ANY MAN, WOMAN, or CHILD who can bring me a bull 12 months or older from these embryo's, capable of passing a BSE. Will recieve $2500 per bull. Coming 2's more. Tweeners, some where in between (15-18 mo). I will pay you for your feed.

You do the work, I am not afraid to capitalize on it. Hell, we can both capitalize on it.

The sooner I know the better. All bets off in 1 months time.

Mike, getting a kick-back from Keeney on this. affraid

challenging post there Mike...the one young person interested so far in "fleshing out" these embryo`s, after considerable discussion, said it would probably be more economical for him to just let me do the work, and then he would select and buy the bulls he wanted...nothing I enjoy more than smart, young cattle breeders...your offer Mike, is of the same caliber of thought...and thanks for speaking for the first et bull from these same matings... already a yearling; he`s yours, but first I have some evaluation to do with him here...back to that ole next year thing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 am

jonken wrote:
JHooligan wrote:
Keeney,
Aren't you just reaffirming that public pedigree is needed to establish credibility????

J Hoo , How does public pedigree establish credibility ????

Jon

Jon, I believe only from trust in tradition...but I do need something to distinguish these embryos from the bulk of the herd here, where other "types and ancestry" exist...a mix of everything here, or even just pulling out the "Shoshone orgin" would still leave more variation than I think should exist...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:39 am

some question has been raised as to my unwarranty...

Past performance does not guarantee future results. Although the sources of the research tools provided on this website are believed to be reliable, Keeney Angus makes no warranty with respect to the contents, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or reliability of the information. Information on this website is for informational use only and should not be considered investment advice or recommendation to invest.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, charges, expense, and unique risk profile of an embryo program carefully before investing. These embryos may not be suitable for short-term investors . Linebreeding involves risk and is not suitable for all investors.

if a stock {as in shares of Microsoft} advisor with the actual market price, and history of earnings and price for years, must use the above unwarranty, I believe those breeding livestock would be well served to understand all the tru possibilities as well...especially linebreeding, which can be romantized in print, and in the mind, and often cursed when seen fully in the flesh...
damn, what should have taken an half hour took an hour and a half...oh, i see why..my clock jumped an hour Smile
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: a new cow flush   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:29 am

Mike,

Sounds like you got 1. That leaves 4 left. He will be a coming 2 huh, That's 3000.00 hope its enough to cover your feed.

Mike

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Here's an old Encore daughter that I came across in South Dakota, as I scour the countryside to provide my customer with the very best genetics available.

TD
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Tom D wrote:

Here's an old Encore daughter that I came across in South Dakota, as I scour the countryside to provide my customer with the very best genetics available.

TD

Tom, is she valuable by type or by pedigree?
Back to top Go down
LCP

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 am

Tom D wrote:

TD

Wouldn't expect to see an Encore so close to a Harvestor
Back to top Go down
robert

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:21 am

Tom D wrote:

TD

what on earth is she doing? REAL cows eat out of a bunk! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:44 pm

LCP wrote:

They tend to overbuild there, Luke, have you seen the windbreaks?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

robert wrote:
what on earth is she doing? REAL cows eat out of a bunk! Shocked

At 18 years old, she's learned to get her nutrients by slurping up the puddles where the hay was.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:47 pm

EddieM wrote:
Tom D wrote:

TD

Tom, is she valuable by type or by pedigree?

Good question, Eddie; I'm not sure. I'll go back and check in the morning.

TD
Back to top Go down
LCP

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Tom D wrote:
LCP wrote:

They tend to overbuild there, Luke, have you seen the windbreaks?

wind "break" hardly seems like a strong enough descriptor. More like wind annihilator.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

LCP wrote:
Tom D wrote:

TD

LCP that is an Aquastore. used to hold water from the Missouri to stop spring floods and summer drought.

is she valuable by type or by pedigree? neither .....as many sons and daughters will be responsable for my yellow's along with 20 heifers from out west, the herd is growing. valuable only to those that chase papers, somthing tells me you all ready knew that.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

larkota wrote:
LCP wrote:
Tom D wrote:

TD

LCP that is an Aquastore. used to hold water from the Missouri to stop spring floods and summer drought.

is she valuable by type or by pedigree? neither .....as many sons and daughters will be responsable for my yellow's along with 20 heifers from out west, the herd is growing. valuable only to those that chase papers, somthing tells me you all ready knew that.

If she has no value in type and no value in pedigree, then she has no value beyond "yard ornament". Tom said he was looking for "the very best genetics available" and I was interested in his definition of that pertaining to this poster child cow. I really do not care who owns her or how they plan to build a program around her.
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm

If she isn't special I guess I could take her off your hands.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:46 pm

mikejd4020 wrote:
Now here this. ANY MAN, WOMAN, or CHILD who can bring me a bull 12 months or older from these embryo's, capable of passing a BSE. Will recieve $2500 per bull. Coming 2's more. Tweeners, some where in between (15-18 mo). I will pay you for your feed.

You do the work, I am not afraid to capitalize on it. Hell, we can both capitalize on it.

The sooner I know the better. All bets off in 1 months time.

Mike, getting a kick-back from Keeney on this. affraid

Mike,
You are impulsively bold; you remind me of another good friend I have here at KC...it`s a characteristic I admire; because it is spur-of-the-moment genuine; instead of calculated BS...but sometimes after a day or two, or further explanation, you both are willing to say "hey, I guess I was wrong on that"...and as the Jimmer would likely agree, that`s even a bigger measure of a man ...so I`m giving you not only time, but evidence, to back up on your bold offer above...
I believe some, {and if close-breeding means anything, a higher percentage} of your yearling heifers by those bulls you are offering to buy will look like this yearling photographed today...

22 % IBC; Encore lives ...wouldn`t it be something if I sent her along with the bulls as the kick-back on the deal ? Smile
go ahead and make my day...back out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 am

Do they walk? Do they talk?
Do they come complete?
My tru-line dreams
Always pulled me from my seat

they were pure like snowflakes
No one could ever stain
The memory of my embryos
Could never cause me pain

Years go by I'm lookin' through a breed magazine
And there's my embryo dreams on the pages in-between

My blood runs cold
My memory has just been sold
My donor is the centerfold
donor is the centerfold

The embryos have ALL been sold...to a Simmental breeder...
Back to top Go down
robert

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:17 am

That's classic Mike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   

Back to top Go down

a New Flush Cow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6