Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

a New Flush Cow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Speaking of Iowa, I got a star bucks gift card from Jim L ( apparently) this week. It is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 am

Kinda makes you feel bad about all that mean stuff you said about the poor guy. Now, I'm still waiting for the correct answer on my current trivia contest. You too can be a winner just like Mean Spirit if you can name that breed. Not British, not Tuli, not Egyptian, not Texas Longhorn.

Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 am

Tom, you didn't go down for an oily vacation at the gulf this year and buy a Pineywoods bull , did you?
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:42 am

Tom D wrote:
Kinda makes you feel bad about all that mean stuff you said about the poor guy. Now, I'm still waiting for the correct answer on my current trivia contest. You too can be a winner just like Mean Spirit if you can name that breed. Not British, not Tuli, not Egyptian, not Texas Longhorn.

Boran?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 am

Eddie is on the right track, but you gotta go farther south.
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 am

Florida Cracker
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am

Much farther south.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:55 am

Caracu?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Ding Ding Ding we have a Winner! Craig, PM me your address and I'll come up with something suitable from the prize closet. You probably aren't much of a Starbucks guy, Eh?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:29 pm

There you go Sowboy. Head down to Brazil and pick up some Caracu. Same ancestors as the longhorns, but with 400 years of natural selection in Brazil instead of Texas. And no goofy colors and long horns. This will fill the role of the Highland in your new Southern Style Luing. Then, if you really wanna get weird, swing by Colombia on your way home and grab some Romosinuanas. Put those two ingredients together, stir for about 50 years, and VOILA!

Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Tom

Do you have any particular reason for suggesting these cattle? My cousin is putting together a herd in Panama and we were looking at different Tru-Line options… so far the focus has been on Senepol for the base but we are open for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Tom D wrote:
Ding Ding Ding we have a Winner! Craig, PM me your address and I'll come up with something suitable from the prize closet. You probably aren't much of a Starbucks guy, Eh?

Tim Hortons... Eh Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:53 pm

DF asked on another topic what I thought the next fad will be. I don't know how to move this stuff from one post to another so I'll post my answer here.
This will be the next fad because it will take this,

OR THIS,

TO FIX THIS,
[/quote]

AND THIS,

AND THIS.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

MKeeney wrote:
send me your flush semen, and linebred prepotency can make your outcross bull a red hot rarity in the registered world; just keep my name out of it...then your money can be used to make my linebred, genepool flushes...her last outcross calf weighed 785 actual at weaning...she`s gentle as a puppy, so even EXT stuff might let you live...She`s slick haired, some of those northern wooly momouths might be ok...perfect teat size, collapsible udder with super fore attachment, those bad uddered $B leader cows that look like bulls, could be helped, though my goodness, not cured...
her reg number...14632339
She goes to Black Prince of Sunbeam born in 1935 if that troubles you, but I`m more concerned about the fertility issues of having a 1893 born bull called Gay Lad in her pedigree...

her recent dozing baby boy is sired by Larkota`s Encore/Bob flush cow {yes, we breed cows to cows through their sons and grandsons}, plus the sire has Encore one more time...

and when the flush kitty gets full enough...Dennis, 1116 will be the serious mating...

Still trying to get used to that butter face, Mike.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:17 am

the old gal produced 18 fertile embryo`s Friday sired by HBR .......oh gee, does a name matter? let`s just say sired by her own kind that creates 23% ibc in the calves...we put 12 of hers; 3 other tight breds from another cow in heifers...I`m bringing her home Monday unless some enterprising young man {70 or younger; my perspective on what is old has now changed Smile } needs a flush/litter from her by his bull of choice and of my approval Smile
Anybody out there got any Felix semen? I think he`s an excellent choice...since Felix is old and rare, I`ll give $20 a straw for 4 straw minimum; allowing some enterprising investor to double his money over my orginal price... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 am

the Felix semen order has been filled...thx Mark Day for displaying the difference between a co-operator and a profiteer...
Back to top Go down
MVCatt

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm

MKeeney wrote:

Contrasted to the number 1 dollar beef cow in the breed...Question for df ...which cow would you prefer to make a commercial profit with?

DF,
Over a year and a half later would you answer this question as you did on page 1? Just wondering if this forum is changing your perspective on anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 pm

The truth is the bottom one 852 would not stay in the commercial bussiness long enough to make a comparison and The picture of the young bred cow with 9 on her would be hard keep out of the commercial bussiness. It looks to me like if you wanted to put a Char bull on her she would wean 52 to 54 % of her body weight and the world would go round and round. I would think if she was bred back to her siblings she would reproduce herself. It is nice to be in the house trying to expand my mind and resting a bit Bob H

Last edited by Bob H on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't think I have changed too much. I never liked the high $B cow phenotypically and always liked the cow with the calf better. I continue to read this forum.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 pm

I have baskets and half-baskets of embryos from the cow below for sale just in time for Easter...her pedigree is

.........................................................Shoshone Beauigan Jgeca 27
...........................................Shoshone Bob 2712
........................................................Shoshone Barbara MGEA27
....................Shoshone Encore 6310...AAA 10707343
........................................................Laveron of Wye
...........................................Shoshone Frances MHE63-93
.......................................................Shoshone Frances HE63

COW
......................................................Shoshone Bob 2712
.........................................Shoshone Encore 6310
.....................................................Shoshone Frances MHE63-93
.....................K A Blackcap 415
.....................................................Shoshone M 67-7112.....sired by Shoshone Bob
.........................................K A Blackcap 921
......................................................K A Blackcap 650

pictured at home after being flushed every 30 days since November...below is her Sept heifer calf by KmA Louie; perhaps blowing smoke, but the worker that loaded the pair said she was the best growing calf ever in the ET facility along side a dam...says a lot for the rest eh? maybe it`s the truth because so many being flushed are in that famous "open and ready to flush" category...
this is the best producing closer bred cow I have ever had; we`ve discussed from time to time various conclusions that could be drawn from that...

the embryos matings range in IBC from 16% to 22%

a basket consists of 10 embryos...price $1250
a half basket consists of 5 embryos.......$700

All expenses paid by buyer. The characteristics of Shoshone Encore 6310 are well established and discussed on various topics at KC. These embryos, with IBC`s from 16 to 22% , are an attempt to fix those characteristics genetically. These embryos are not Pass it Forward Freebies; ET is an expensive and wasteful proposition for building cowherds. They are Timesavers for those comtemplating a foray into linebreeding.
Past performance does not guarantee future results. Although the sources of the research tools provided on this website are believed to be reliable, Keeney Angus makes no warranty with respect to the contents, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or reliability of the information. Information on this website is for informational use only and should not be considered investment advice or recommendation to invest.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, charges, expense, and unique risk profile of an embryo program carefully before investing. These embryos may not be suitable for short-term investors . Linebreeding involves risk and is not suitable for all investors.

Last edited by MKeeney on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mshaffer1

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Keeney,
Aren't you just reaffirming that public pedigree is needed to establish credibility????
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: a new cow flush   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Now here this. ANY MAN, WOMAN, or CHILD who can bring me a bull 12 months or older from these embryo's, capable of passing a BSE. Will recieve $2500 per bull. Coming 2's more. Tweeners, some where in between (15-18 mo). I will pay you for your feed.

You do the work, I am not afraid to capitalize on it. Hell, we can both capitalize on it.

The sooner I know the better. All bets off in 1 months time.

Mike, getting a kick-back from Keeney on this. affraid
Back to top Go down
mikejd4020

PostSubject: a new cow flush   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm

I forgot, MAX of 5 head of bulls.

Mike, their went my kick-back from Keeney. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 pm

JHooligan wrote:
Keeney,
Aren't you just reaffirming that public pedigree is needed to establish credibility????

J Hoo , How does public pedigree establish credibility ????

Jon
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:03 am

JHooligan wrote:
Keeney,
J Hoo,
you seem to always dig with a sharp point...I suppose you are correct...when a herd has variation, what describes the variation? pedigree, epd`s, phenotypic measures ? all 3?...
about the only thing I`ve decided pedigree is meaningful to me for is to determine if an attempt has been made to closer breed...if there is no attempt to closer breed, I`m not interested...that doesn`t mean they aren`t good bulls; it means I`m not interested...
so I felt here a public pedigree was necessary to show my intentions; not to show accomplishment...only time; or DNA would show the tru
inbreeding level and value thereof...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a New Flush Cow   

Back to top Go down

a New Flush Cow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next