Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Tom D. How many weeks did you say?
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm just gonna say it-- Jim L does not get along well with others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 am

This is becoming my dream come true. The Jimmies scraping in the bunkhouse and the cats in heat licking each others milky faces off. wait till the new photo.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

Greg, I put the over/under at two weeks and that was a week ago. IMFO, implosion is immenent. You think the situation in Japan is scary, just wait until Ohio and Iowa go nuclear. You may want to bring your family up to my Michigan safehouse, as I fear Illinois and Indiana may be wiped out by the "Six inches of Stature" Tsunami. On a lighter note, I heard from a guy that talked to a guy that knew a guy that seen these cattle one time called Hoo Doo's. Anybody ever heard of these mythical beasts? Sounds like they might be even more magical than Black CIDR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Tom: Thanks for the offer... When you made your prediction to me, I immediately began work on a Jimmie shelter. It is a bunker in an undisclosed location that we can access if the balloon goes up and they start to lob projectiles at each other. You are right, I am directly in the line of fire here.

I predict that there will be some shuttle diplomacy going on in PMs from others on the site reminding them that they can't fight or that would mean that they are not any better than us folks here. (we don't seem to do much fighting though, that golden rule thing you hear so much about) Cooler heads will prevail and the love will return. Otherwise, they will not be able to maintain their alliance against the evil Leprechaun of Kentucky.

If the sirens go off and the door to the bunker is jammed, look for us in about 5 hours.

PS if my response here seemed out of sorts, I had a heifer get its head caught in a feeder a couple of years ago and it still bothers me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm

I found this calf a couple of years ago. Nice big bull calf dead as a door nail. I put this picture in my catalog with a footnote that read "working the dumb ones out of the gene pool". I got more response from that photo than any picture I've ever put in my catalog. Just try to think how you've weeded a dumb one out of the gene pool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Jack McNamee wrote:

I found this calf a couple of years ago. Nice big bull calf dead as a door nail. I put this picture in my catalog with a footnote that read "working the dumb ones out of the gene pool". I got more response from that photo than any picture I've ever put in my catalog. Just try to think how you've weeded a dumb one out of the gene pool.

Thanks Jack... My heifer didn't die, I found her pretty quick, but just thinking about it puts me in a bad mood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Ugghhhh, I lost 2 that way in one year, plus broke the mirror mount off the tractor in the process of getting one out. Had a bull stuck that away couple years ago, with a chainsaw and a little luck, he finally picked his head up and got out. Used to lose several hundred chickens a week to the same dillema.

I am just mad to be mad though, don't really need an excuse to be an arse, its genetic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:54 pm

If things would get really ugly, I am close enough to the eastern end of the 4.9 fracus to possibly interviene. I might show up as "Braveheart" and put a stop to the foolishness. Wouldn't need any legal eagles soaring around.......You would know me if you saw me by my loincloth and cowboy hat. A few on this site have seen my hat with it's famous logo!

Charles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

The collaborator logo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:28 pm

[img][url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=45&u=16064947]
Howdy Ninja Jimmies and everyone at the 4.9BarY. Why don't you come visit me sometime? We can have a man to chicken discussion about all that ails the industry.
Dennis Voss, in the vicinity of the Two Dot bridge, Two Dot, MT
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 pm

A neighbor found his belgian blue bull dead with his neck stuck in the v of a tree on my place. I was kind of hoping to have a few crossbred calves, but appearantly the bull was more interested in trees than breeding cows. Perhaps a mob of Angus bulls is enough to drive a Belgian Blue to attempt to climb a tree.

Gregory Walker wrote:
Jack McNamee wrote:

Thanks Jack... My heifer didn't die, I found her pretty quick, but just thinking about it puts me in a bad mood.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Quote :
A few on this site have seen my hat with it's famous logo!

I know that I was so impressed that I thought it ought to stay as a "one of a kind"! clown
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Yessir!!! The "Collaborator" logo. To the uninformed, it says "Pud Cattle Collaborator" in big bold letters.

Got home tonight had a message from a guy wanting to buy a small low birthweight pud type bull to breed heifers, he had been told that I had a lot of that kind here on the ranch. I never called this place a "ranch" til now......but why not??? I will have to wear my hat when I meet him. Look out MikeK!!! The pud bulls are going to give the Unwanteds a run for the money in the low growth non registered pud market!

Charles
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 am

Dennis Voss wrote:
Howdy Ninja Jimmies and everyone at the 4.9BarY. Why don't you come visit me sometime? We can have a man to chicken discussion about all that ails the industry.

Dennis, do they dredge the river for bodies every spring after the ice thaws in the vicinity of the Two Dot bridge...or do they just let them float up downstream?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am

Quote :
Got home tonight had a message from a guy wanting to buy a small low birthweight pud type bull to breed heifers, he had been told that I had a lot of that kind here on the ranch.

What's the background of your pud program? Are these average puds or improved puds? Do you have any pud epds?
Back to top Go down
RobertMac

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:30 am

When I was a kid, I'd go around the house throwing dirt clods at wasp nest...what that taught me was to never hit a hornet's nest with a short stick.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

RobertMac wrote:
When I was a kid, I'd go around the house throwing dirt clods at wasp nest...what that taught me was to never hit a hornet's nest with a short stick.

not hornets, just little sweat bees with stingers removed, since it is St. Patricks day, and I`m in a kind mood
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:

Dennis, I have to hand it to you, you are a highly skilled sh!t disturber! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Thank you Dylan, one of the best compliments I've ever received. The crew at the 4.9barY are very busy with their toy train sets these days, and I think its great, around and around the Christmas tree they go, making their little post,chew, chew,post sounds, tis the season most of the time up at the 4.9barY.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I just think that Dennis's Border Collie had some chicken to eat shortly after the picture was taken. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
Thank you Dylan, one of the best compliments I've ever received. The crew at the 4.9barY are very busy with their toy train sets these days, and I think its great, around and around the Christmas tree they go, making their little post,chew, chew,post sounds, tis the season most of the time up at the 4.9barY.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
tis better to be an engineer on a toy train than the janitor on a real one I guess...I`ve never learned so much about my own cattle, even those implied to be Shoshone, with enough data df could actually do a research paper , , and farming and breeding in general...I read it religiously, absorb everything completely, and then make damn sure I do just the opposite...
Back to top Go down
Double B

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:01 pm

I got a toy train set for Chistmas once and my parents wouldn't let me set it up. That really pissed me off, but I enjoyed looking at it thinking about what it would be like.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Double B wrote:
I got a toy train set for Chistmas once and my parents wouldn't let me set it up. That really pissed me off, but I enjoyed looking at it thinking about what it would be like.
that`s pretty much describes playing cattle breeder at the 4.9...more dreaming than shoveling coal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   

Back to top Go down

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next