Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A line of a different color

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4624
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:13 am

Line One that is...
Miles City Mike...nicknamed by me in reference to the owner Mike Lorig



First time I had looked at MCM closely since turning him out at my neighbors and our newest member, TWT, place...only thing I noticed
in negative fashion, an oft deficiency in linebreds, was I would prefer more testicle size...more; not "the most"



the parent stock...and the cross...send me your bulls, and we will find them some cows Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 am

[img][url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=25&u=16064947]

January 2011. Cow is Miles City Line 1 x Horse Butte Angus. Calf is LH cross.

[img][url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=22&u=16064947]

January 2011. Cow is Miles City Line 1 x Horse Butte Angus. Calf is LH cross.

[img][url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=24&u=16064947]

Ditto

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4624
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 am

I`ll be humming Cyndi Lauper all day long... Smile

Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
SOWBOY



Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

MKeeney wrote:
Line One that is...
Miles City Mike...nicknamed by me in reference to the owner Mike Lorig



First time I had looked at MCM closely since turning him out at my neighbors and our newest member, TWT, place...only thing I noticed
in negative fashion, an oft deficiency in linebreds, was I would prefer more testicle size...more; not "the most"



the parent stock...and the cross...send me your bulls, and we will find them some cows Smile
When I had him collected at Hawkeye Iowa, the unsolicited comment was "exceptioally high quality semen". Line 1 Domino 08519. I discovered him Sept 2009. When the epd gurus put him next to last in the March 6, 2010 sale lineup, I gained confidence he might sire females that are acceptable to me. I also consider his dam to my liking. Actual bw = 80# Pigmentation Scrotal 40%, Left eye 90%, Right eye 80%. Scrotal 39.7. Produced more than 300 units on two jumps.
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

avatar

Posts : 308
Join date : 2010-10-04
Location : Northeast Montana

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:48 am

Sowboy- he reminds me of the old range herefords I grew up with... Nice smooth lines on him that seem to fit to proportion well....And that calf definitely looks like a cocky little devil....

Dennis- my wife would drive me nuts at your place with all the spotted and mixed colors...When we still had some herefords--She was always the one that talked me into keeping the baldy or raccoon eyed heifers-- or the heifer with the oddest markings.... Wink tongue
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4624
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I'll see your pink noses
come shining through
So don't be afraid, to let them show

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mean Spirit



Posts : 321
Join date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:20 am

The white babies remind me... After church today, gonna try to get a picture of 3 week old Faraway Felix .. first calf from my oldest daughter of my bull, shockingly sired by the heifer's own sire. I kinda liked him when I was following calves around in the pasture yesterday.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4624
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am

Mean Spirit wrote:
The white babies remind me... After church today, gonna try to get a picture of 3 week old Faraway Felix .. first calf from my oldest daughter of my bull, shockingly sired by the heifer's own sire. I kinda liked him when I was following calves around in the pasture yesterday.
oh gee whiz, am I going to import new blood into my Char`s just because I love the name? Smile
o for a thousand cows to prove our bulls... led me to switch artists from Cyndi Lauper to Charles Wesley this Sunday morning...has no greater song ever been written?
Sing the lines with me accompanied by the piano clear to the end...what a great blessing to start a beautiful day Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/o/f/o/ofor1000.htm

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name.

Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
’Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’Tis life, and health, and peace.

He breaks the power of canceled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.

He speaks, and, listening to His voice,
New life the dead receive,
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice,
The humble poor believe.

Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Savior come,
And leap, ye lame, for joy.

In Christ your Head, you then shall know,
Shall feel your sins forgiven;
Anticipate your heaven below,
And own that love is heaven.

Glory to God, and praise and love
Be ever, ever given,
By saints below and saints above,
The church in earth and heaven.

On this glad day the glorious Sun
Of Righteousness arose;
On my benighted soul He shone
And filled it with repose.

Sudden expired the legal strife,
’Twas then I ceased to grieve;
My second, real, living life
I then began to live.

Then with my heart I first believed,
Believed with faith divine,
Power with the Holy Ghost received
To call the Savior mine.

I felt my Lord’s atoning blood
Close to my soul applied;
Me, me He loved, the Son of God,
For me, for me He died!

I found and owned His promise true,
Ascertained of my part,
My pardon passed in heaven I knew
When written on my heart.

Look unto Him, ye nations, own
Your God, ye fallen race;
Look, and be saved through faith alone,
Be justified by grace.

See all your sins on Jesus laid:
The Lamb of God was slain,
His soul was once an offering made
For every soul of man.

Awake from guilty nature’s sleep,
And Christ shall give you light,
Cast all your sins into the deep,
And wash the Æthiop white.

Harlots and publicans and thieves
In holy triumph join!
Saved is the sinner that believes
From crimes as great as mine.

Murderers and all ye hellish crew
In holy triumph join!
Believe the Savior died for you;
For me the Savior died.

With me, your chief, ye then shall know,
Shall feel your sins forgiven;
Anticipate your heaven below,
And own that love is heaven.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
TWT



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks Mike and Mike. I'm tickled you shared this bull with us. He has a great disposition, which makes up for his testicular size. That's what I had going for me too.
By the way, I'm not much of a "poster", but I enjoy Keeney's Corner. It's good to be with you guys.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4624
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 pm

TWT wrote:
Thanks Mike and Mike. I'm tickled you shared this bull with us. He has a great disposition, which makes up for his testicular size. That's what I had going for me too.
By the way, I'm not much of a "poster", but I enjoy Keeney's Corner. It's good to be with you guys.
Welcome to the fray TW; this place will test anyone`s disposition; and there`s some mighty big testicles hiding behind the computer screen once the owners areout from under the auspices of the MRS... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mean Spirit



Posts : 321
Join date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Mean Spirit wrote:
The white babies remind me... After church today, gonna try to get a picture of 3 week old Faraway Felix .. first calf from my oldest daughter of my bull, shockingly sired by the heifer's own sire. I kinda liked him when I was following calves around in the pasture yesterday.
oh gee whiz, am I going to import new blood into my Char`s just because I love the name? Smile
o for a thousand cows to prove our bulls... led me to switch artists from Cyndi Lauper to Charles Wesley this Sunday morning...has no greater song ever been written?
Sing the lines with me accompanied by the piano clear to the end...what a great blessing to start a beautiful day Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/o/f/o/ofor1000.htm

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name.

Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
’Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’Tis life, and health, and peace.

He breaks the power of canceled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.

He speaks, and, listening to His voice,
New life the dead receive,
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice,
The humble poor believe.

Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Savior come,
And leap, ye lame, for joy.

In Christ your Head, you then shall know,
Shall feel your sins forgiven;
Anticipate your heaven below,
And own that love is heaven.

Glory to God, and praise and love
Be ever, ever given,
By saints below and saints above,
The church in earth and heaven.

On this glad day the glorious Sun
Of Righteousness arose;
On my benighted soul He shone
And filled it with repose.

Sudden expired the legal strife,
’Twas then I ceased to grieve;
My second, real, living life
I then began to live.

Then with my heart I first believed,
Believed with faith divine,
Power with the Holy Ghost received
To call the Savior mine.

I felt my Lord’s atoning blood
Close to my soul applied;
Me, me He loved, the Son of God,
For me, for me He died!

I found and owned His promise true,
Ascertained of my part,
My pardon passed in heaven I knew
When written on my heart.

Look unto Him, ye nations, own
Your God, ye fallen race;
Look, and be saved through faith alone,
Be justified by grace.

See all your sins on Jesus laid:
The Lamb of God was slain,
His soul was once an offering made
For every soul of man.

Awake from guilty nature’s sleep,
And Christ shall give you light,
Cast all your sins into the deep,
And wash the Æthiop white.

Harlots and publicans and thieves
In holy triumph join!
Saved is the sinner that believes
From crimes as great as mine.

Murderers and all ye hellish crew
In holy triumph join!
Believe the Savior died for you;
For me the Savior died.

With me, your chief, ye then shall know,
Shall feel your sins forgiven;
Anticipate your heaven below,
And own that love is heaven.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here's my Felix "of a different color" baby boy-- a decent sort of a calf, 3 weeks old, looks like he might be trying to make some antlers. Born on his own, 75 lbs. Growing pretty good, at least. He might make a bull some day.



Here's his momma, first calf heifer, pictured last Fall:


Here's one reason we like his momma... crazy ass Charolais cattle:



Here's little Felix's sire. Coincidentally, also his momma's sire:


And here's Felix's grandma, linebred Eatons Predictor cow, 13, late December:

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Mean Spirit, Give me a shot at the bull calf. DV
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer



Posts : 850
Join date : 2010-09-27
Location : Belmont, Manitoba, Canada

PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
Mean Spirit, Give me a shot at the bull calf. DV

Not content with shooting chickens now Shocked Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A line of a different color   

Back to top Go down
 
A line of a different color
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Color of Alien Plants
» FAMOUS SIMIAN LINES - Which famous persons have a 'simian line'?
» Floresent Color Meaning ?
» Dreaming in color
» Waiting in line for a hot dog.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: farm and ranch life-
Jump to: