Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Antagonisms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Antagonisms   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:14 am

With the choices available and the corresponding claims backed up by the numbers, I thought It might be informative to hear what down side there might be to the cattle that appear to have it all: Lower BW than most of us have ever used with more growth than the average Charolais and more milk than the Dual purpose imports.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Keystone, Best I can tell, the kind of cow you describe, ends up being like a horse, built by Committee, which according to learned sources, would be a camel. Incidentally, the camel, pretty well sums up the likeness of the cow built by numbers. I do not have anything against camels, but I want a horse to be a horse, and a cow to be a cow. You and I speak different languages, but I think I get what your after here, and a camel is what I got, when the numbers said they where the best cow.
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Yip, been there, done that, got the tattoos, scars, and t-shirt with a big ole Dromedary Cow to prove it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Speaking of camels, after 9-11, a local camel herder was approached by a Muslim group to, improve their public image. They wanted to do a camel ride across the US, as a publicity stunt of sorts, and I was signed on for the job, but the deal fell through. It would have been interesting, if not deadly experience, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 am

Quote :
With the choices available and the corresponding claims backed up by the numbers, I thought It might be informative to hear what down side there might be to the cattle that appear to have it all: Lower BW than most of us have ever used with more growth than the average Charolais and more milk than the Dual purpose imports.

You left out one critical part: bloated looking granddam worth $250,000.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antagonisms   

Back to top Go down

Antagonisms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: