Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

the KY Trilogy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: the KY Trilogy   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 am

KY bourbon, fast horses, and
Jennifer Lawrence

no sassy comments, she was my daughter`s student Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:08 am

Me and Joe got that picture on the wall in our dorm room. Is that what all the girls at Lake Cumberland look like?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:51 am

Tom D wrote:
Me and Joe got that picture on the wall in our dorm room. Is that what all the girls at Lake Cumberland look like?
louisville product playing a country girl in the movie that won her a nomination is my understanding...we`ll see if Hollywood takes the KY out of her over time...
Back to top Go down
tc

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I knew I liked her for some reason. A country gal..
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah, that's why I like her too. Because she's a country girl. If she wasn't, yuck.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am

Just another Model C. No interest here.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: the world hasn`t lost it`s sanity yet :)   Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 pm

ok, maybe I have Smile

In Jennifer Lawrence's first major statement to Hollywood, she sported a worn winter coat and camouflage pants as the star of the stark drama “Winter's Bone.”

But the world saw the antithesis of Ozark Mountains fashion Sunday night on the Academy Awards' red carpet.
Lawrence, a 20-year-old Louisville native, wore a simple, fiery red silk crepe tank dress from the Calvin Klein Collection. Her steely performance in “Winter's Bone” caught the attention of cinephiles. But the dress — and the woman wearing it — caught the attention of practically everyone else.
“It's such a transformative moment for a young woman, and I think she did everything right,” said Matt Donnelly, who blogs about celebrities and pop culture for the Los Angeles Times. “That moment, that dress — it definitely bumped her up a notch.”
Oscars fashion most closely resembles gymnastics judging — the fashion experts make instant judgments on the movie stars' selections. Lawrence landed a perfect 10 from many prominent observers.
“The ‘Winter's Bone' star may not have taken home the Oscar, but she certainly captured the biggest buzz of the night with one simple and perfectly fitted red Calvin Klein gown,” wrote the fashion gurus at Entertainment Weekly. Their grade for Lawrence was an A+ — a score also earned only by established stars Reese Witherspoon and Mila Kunis.
Her choice impressed Vogue contributing editor André Leon Talley, who wrote on Vogue.com that “Jennifer Lawrence looked like the 20-year-old star she is, opting for little adornment — the Pop red of her simple Calvin Klein Collection column was enough.”
Viewers watching from home approved, too. Lawrence became a Twitter “trending topic” when she stepped onto the red carpet, meaning her name was among the most mentioned by the social networking web site's 175 million users.
The red carpet presented dangers for Lawrence. A poor choice might have drawn ridicule from fashion critics — or worse, been simply ignored — in front of a reported audience of 37.6 million viewers.
(Page 2 of 2)
It was an especially important moment because Lawrence's film was among the smallest nominated for a big-time award at this year's ceremony. She needed to impress to get noticed. And expectations were high; Lawrence appeared on the cover of The New York Times' Sunday style section on Oscars morning as the young starlet every Hollywood designer wanted to dress.
Her choice of a red dress was itself daring— the color is frowned upon, Donnelly said, because it blends into the carpet.
But Lawrence hardly faded into the background, Donnelly said.
“She played to her strengths,” he said. “She's young, she's gorgeous — and her body is ridiculous. It was a well-advised choice.”
“I think she made a red-carpet milestone,” said Chloe Malle, a freelance writer who wrote about Lawrence's dress selection for the Styles section of Sunday's New York Times. “It was sexy, young, classic — true to her non-girly-girl persona.
“This was very important,” Malle added. “She was nominated but it was unlikely she would win. It was a small film, and the film was a very specific portrait of a nonsexual character. I knew it was important to her that she not be typecast. This really worked better with her ‘X-Men' character.”
The rewards for rocking the red carpet are plentiful, Donnelly said, because when studios cast big films, they prefer female stars who can look great on magazine covers.
“It never hurts to have an actress who is a fashion favorite,” he said. “A lot of your fate in this business can be determined by the red carpet. Fashion critics can be influential in how successful you are. If you wear something that doesn't work on the red carpet, people might not take you as seriously.”
Lawrence's look also wowed stylists who've worked with her in Louisville.
“She looked absolutely stunning last night. Loved the red Calvin Klein she wore, loved the minimalist jewelry she had on,” said Michelle Tasman, marketing and advertising director for the Louisville high fashion store Rodeo Drive. “She looked young and fresh; she's like the girl next door.”
Tasman, who helped dress Lawrence in a strapless silver and gold Basix gown for the 2009 Louisville International Film Festival, added: “She continues to be true to herself and her style. She knows who she is, and it comes through with what's she's wearing.”
And Lawrence's evolution during her meteoric rise to stardom impressed Louisville stylists, too.
Mandy Rothgerber, manager of Blink Boutique, another Louisville clothier that has worked with Lawrence, called her Oscar look “sleek” and “amazing.”
“We dressed her for press junkets, in more casual pieces from Vince, and in a Black Halo deep purple miniskirt with a black waistband,” Rothgerber said.
“We wanted to keep her youthful and not too serious. And looking at her last night, I think she looked so sophisticated, kind of all grown up.
“She's just evolved into this beautiful woman.”
Reporter Joseph Lord can be reached at (502) 582-4501.
Reporter Larry Muhammad contributed to this story.

Back to top Go down
Double B

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm

I don't care much for horses and canada has better whiskey, but she looks rather nice.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Dennis {df} and Dr. Voss,
at the risk of being accused of being....... an art collector Smile

Ashley Judd to release memoir in April, star in TV drama in fall

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Mike, I'm beginning to see the type that you select for. But are you sure that this preferred type is practical in a real world, low-input environment?

Eddie, how can you tell she's a C ? The picture don't go down that far.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Tom, just going on my assumed $EN value.
Back to top Go down
pitchfork

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HfsBqNxp1Y

Could be high maintenance???
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Dennis {df} and Dr. Voss,
at the risk of being accused of being....... an art collector Smile

Ashley Judd to release memoir in April, star in TV drama in fall

That line won't breed true, look at her sister. pale

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 pm

just like the in registered BS marketing business; you spend your time and money creating a dream fantasy that people want to believe even beyond the aggrandizations you have already told; and then there`ll always be some smartass come along and ruin it all with a dose, a heavy dose sometimes, of reality.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 pm

I pretty sure the neighbors bull got in, at least once.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 am

Bootheel wrote:
I pretty sure the neighbors bull got in, at least once.

environmental difference...Ashley was raised in KY, Wynona in TN Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the KY Trilogy   

Back to top Go down

the KY Trilogy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1