Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Howard Ranch Gathering

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello all we sent our first cull cows there this morning it should be a blessing for our area.

Our tunnel only has a few more days until we have reached the end of the spring push.

It will be good to see every one and visit to get fresh ideas as it is not knowledge unless you share it with someone hope all can make it.

Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:14 am

Wow...July 28, 29...We may not see snow, but oh my the air ! Being a Tru-Line breeder like Bob, " there have been mountains and hillsides enough to climb"
to use and market a different concept , but Bob has shown anyone interested how to make BEEF, sweet BEEF, with greater consistency, more efficiently...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1505370152838882&set=a.345375585505017.77778.100000977345189&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:42 am

A couple weeks ago we drove from the middle of Kansas to Vancouver Island...through SW Idaho and SE Oregon...beautiful country. We have been on the island for almost two weeks-at Campbell River now-am sitting here watching this beautiful river roll by as I type Very Happy Very Happy  Today we will meander toward the ferry-for tomorrow's ride back to the states...not sure what route we will take back home.

For anyone so inclined, we highly recommend Vancouver Island as a tourist destination. It is a visually stunning place-especially with Kansas as a back-drop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:21 pm

outsidethebox wrote:
A couple weeks ago we drove from the middle of Kansas to Vancouver Island...through SW Idaho and SE Oregon...beautiful country. We have been on the island for almost two weeks-at Campbell River now-am sitting here watching this beautiful river roll by as I type Very Happy Very Happy  Today we will meander toward the ferry-for tomorrow's ride back to the states...not sure what route we will take back home.

For anyone so inclined, we highly recommend Vancouver Island as a tourist destination. It is a visually stunning place-especially with Kansas as a back-drop Very Happy

With your dollar going further up here you should dive over the Rockies up here and stop by for a visit.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Bob H wrote:
Hi all we can see the light from the end of the spring tunnel now, so thought that I had better get on with the next project.

After some thought we all can converge in  Boise Idaho  at the Whole Foods  store on the morning of the 28th at 7.30 it is on Broadway. It will not take long to look over the meat counter and see what inbred line bred parent stock can produce as meat. From there we will convoy to Lake Fork Idaho near McCall Idaho to Maki"s ranch where we summer the Akaushi X cattle for the grass fed program.  We will have a Barbecue at a park in McCall and can get a rooms there.  We will leave early the next morning for real ranch country of Idaho . Our first stop will be in Brownlee Idaho which is just a name. But we have our Angus cows there and will get a group of them together for folks to look at this is in Hells Canyon so be prepared for steep country.  If time we then can go to another ranch where we summer some cattle in the bottom of a crater. On the 30th folks can take a jet boat ride down and back of Hells Canyon, go golfing in McCall or just enjoy beautiful Idaho. We will post about rooms shortly but have to go now. Bob

reposting and reminding ...rooms in McCall may get scarce...
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:15 am

Hilly wrote:
outsidethebox wrote:

With your dollar going further up here you should dive over the Rockies up here and stop by for a visit.

There are a lot of things we should have/could have done Very Happy About 40 years ago I biked, as in bicycle, from Calgary into the Rockies-toward Banff then south through Radium Hot Springs to Kalispell Montana. May have to come your way some time-my wife have relatives that live north of Edmonton. How is the fishing in your area?

Sunday we drove from Spokane to Casper, WY...passed near Red Lodge. It was beautiful in the mountains...the hills are very green...the cows are in seventh heaven.
Back to top Go down
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 am

Sounds like you had a enjoyable trip.
As to the fishing here, its all relative but we have good fishing just to many people here for my liking as its a tourist area.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Thursday night suggestion is meet, stay holiday Inn express boise...
Will end near Cambridge on Saturday, each can plan accordingly their own desires and directions from there
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 am

MKeeney wrote:
Thursday night suggestion is meet, stay holiday Inn express boise...
Will end near Cambridge on Saturday, each can plan accordingly   their own desires and directions from there

Thursday night room booking best western vista inn...tentative

mk
mark, kris
Leroy
mark Johnson
jrn....? wanna risk sharing snoring with leroy ?
rod, mikel
craig h
nate
forgot anyone? reply or call...
whoops...john dellinger

ric Ruberg...you best confirm...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
Thursday night suggestion is meet, stay best western vista boise...
Will end near Cambridge on Saturday, each can plan accordingly   their own desires and directions from there

mk
mark, kris
Leroy
mark Johnson
rod, mikel
craig h, nate
forgot anyone? reply or call...
whoops...john dellinger

ric Ruberg...you best confirm...
tom robinson...Harold trump having back surgery, yet possible

I have 12 rooms under "howard ranch gathering"and my credit card july 27, boise best western vista...please use that name as you ch in along with YOUR credit card Smile
rooms july 28 {9 booked, 5 with 2 beds} in McCall are scare, esp with 2 beds...so I have reserved 4 nearby with 2 beds at the super 8...160/nt...the reviews said, "made us feel young and frisky again"...so choose your room mate accordingly Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:12 pm

updated 6-22
Thursday night  meet, stay best western vista boise...12 rooms booked
Will end near Cambridge on Saturday, each can plan accordingly   their own desires and directions from there [/quote]

mk
mark, kris
Leroy
mark Johnson
rod, mikel
craig h, nate
whoops...john dellinger
harry ward
tom robinson
ric Ruberg...confirmed

Harold trump having back surgery, yet possible

I have 12 rooms under "howard ranch gathering"and my credit card  july 27, boise best western vista...please use that name as you ch in along with YOUR credit card Smile

rooms july 28 {9 booked, 5 with 2 beds} in McCall are scare, esp with 2 beds...so I have reserved 4 nearby with 2 beds at the super 8...160/nt...the reviews said, "made us feel young and frisky again"...so choose your room mate accordingly Smile[/quote]

2017 "the journey continues" souvenir caps will be available...10$
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   Yesterday at 7:39 am

MKeeney wrote:
updated 6-22
Thursday night  meet, stay best western vista boise...12 rooms booked

mk
mark, kris
Leroy
mark Johnson
rod, mikel
craig h, nate
whoops...john dellinger
harry ward
tom robinson
ric Ruberg...confirmed

Harold trump having back surgery, yet possible

I have 12 rooms under "howard ranch gathering"and my credit card  july 27, boise best western vista...please use that name as you ch in along with YOUR credit card Smile

rooms july 28 {9 booked, 5 with 2 beds} in McCall are scare, esp with 2 beds...so I have reserved 4 nearby with 2 beds at the super 8...160/nt...the reviews said, "made us feel young and frisky again"...so choose your room mate accordingly Smile[/quote]

2017 "the journey continues" souvenir caps will be available...10$[/quote]

my good friend Dalmas has invited the group for a future Gathering...there will be time enough to either get your clothing or your body in appropriate condition Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howard Ranch Gathering   

Back to top Go down

Howard Ranch Gathering
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: farm and ranch life-
Jump to: