Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Thought provoking excerpts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 pm

“In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less and less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, and shares. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced or placeless citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
Thus, although we are not slaves in name, and cannot be carried to market and sold as somebody else's legal chattels, we are free only within narrow limits. For all our talk about liberation and personal autonomy, there are few choices that we are free to make. What would be the point, for example, if a majority of our people decided to be self-employed?
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.”
― Wendell Berry, The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

MKeeney wrote:
“In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less and less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, and shares. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced or placeless citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
Thus, although we are not slaves in name, and cannot be carried to market and sold as somebody else's legal chattels, we are free only within narrow limits. For all our talk about liberation and personal autonomy, there are few choices that we are free to make. What would be the point, for example, if a majority of our people decided to be self-employed?
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.”
― Wendell Berry, The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays
Property taxes are a cruel and never ending means of control. Like parasites that have become resistant to all dewormers. Let's make them illegal once and for all and get over government rights to perpetual income and envy of those who own a car, widget, acre or RV, home or boat.

What I do not understand is the big push for more and more of public lands, public land restrictions, parks and land owned by non-profits. Is it to control land or a back door means to decrease private ownership and human use? And the increased cost of upkeep always falls back to needing more government dollars either through taxes, grants, fees, salaries, ...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:59 am

minor stuff compared to this..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-sides-with-the-sheriffs-on-their-racket/2017/02/08/964e41c0-ee4c-11e6-9973-c5efb7ccfb0d_story.html?utm_term=.edf3131745aa

Civil forfeiture is the power to seize property suspected of being produced by, or involved in, crime. If property is suspected of being involved in criminal activity, law enforcement can seize it. Once seized, the property’s owners bear the burden of proving that they were not involved in such activity, which can be a costly and protracted procedure. So, civil forfeiture proceeds on the guilty-until-proven-innocent principle. Civil forfeiture forces property owners, often people of modest means, to hire lawyers and do battle against a government with unlimited resources.

And here is why the sheriffs probably purred contentedly when Trump endorsed civil forfeiture law — if something so devoid of due process can be dignified as law: Predatory law enforcement agencies can pocket the proceeds from the sale of property they seize.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:37 am

Heard again yesterday that more and more kids are allergic to peanuts. I have to wonder why and I really hate it for them. Snoopy and Charlie Brown are two of my favorites. I wonder if it is the dye in the ink?
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox



Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-11-17
Age : 64
Location : Goessel, Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:01 pm

EddieM wrote:
Heard again yesterday that more and more kids are allergic to peanuts.  I have to wonder why and I really hate it for them.  Snoopy and Charlie Brown are two of my favorites.  I wonder if it is the dye in the ink?

As a pediatric nurse with a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner spouse and a pediatrician brother, one of the things we would note in this regard is that todays' children spend so much time indoors and so little time outdoors that their allergic responses are somehow heightened by this lack of exposure to more "natural" elements-the ink not withstanding Smile
Back to top Go down
jonken



Posts : 115
Join date : 2011-12-17
Location : nemo

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Read an article in the Wall Street Journal that is thought provoking and have included some excerpts.  Not directly related to cattle, but insightful on human behavior when there is little accountability and Illustrates the point that a balance is necessary for everything if it is to operate with any degree of efficiency or effectiveness. Titled “How to Beat the High Cost of Learning, by Richard Vedder.

“Since about 1980, the price tag of attending university has soared faster than overall inflation and the growth of family incomes.”

From 1840 through 1978- a period when federal aid was nonexistent or very modest-inflation-adjusted tuition rose about 1% a year.  Since then, federal data show, college tuition has been rising roughly 3% a year.  If tuition after 1978 had grown only as fast as it did in the preceding four decades, going to college today would cost half what it does.”

Instead, aid programs were expanded even more.  They are now 10 times as large as they were in 1970, adjusting for inflation.  Some $158 billion is spent annually on student aid, and more than 40 million Americans have student loans, according to the College Board.  Total student debt has reached $1.3 trillion, and despite extremely liberal repayment terms, loan delinquencies are substantial.  The Education department reports that a majority of borrowers at over 1,000 institutions repaid nothing in the three years after finishing school.  A January report states that the number of student debtors older than 60 has quadrupled  in a decade.”

The federal student aid is determined from family income records, however the proportion of recent college graduates from the bottom quartile of income distribution has fallen significantly since 1970.  Federal programs also have no educational performance standards, meaning they don’t give students an incentive to work hard.  As college enrollments continue to grow, they have aggravated a large underemployment problem.  More university grads are taking unskilled jobs as baristas or Uber drivers.
Perhaps the federal government should get out of the student aid business.  Washington doesn’t have the financial discipline to pay its own bills fully.  Why should it borrow money to send moderately affluent Americans to school?  “

Questions to ponder for creating a more effective plan……

Should schools have some skin in the game? If a school’s drop out rate or their percent of student’s who fail to repay their loans increases to a point that the delinquent debt becomes taxpayers burden, then should they have to pay a “tax” to the government to help cover the costs?

2.  Should students have a limited number of years they can receive free grant assistance?  
    Should all graduate or professional education be subsidized?  

3.  Should increased minimum wage rates apply to college graduates who have accepted    
     federal aid and made no attempts at repayment?

4.  Should  college aid be tied to least modest academic expectations?  If a student’s GPA
    drops  below  say, a 2.0 where their prospect of success becomes remote, should their
    assistance be cut off?  

Kendra
Back to top Go down
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

jonken wrote:
Read an article in the Wall Street Journal that is thought provoking and have included some excerpts.  Not directly related to cattle, but insightful on human behavior when there is little accountability and Illustrates the point that a balance is necessary for everything if it is to operate with any degree of efficiency or effectiveness. Titled “How to Beat the High Cost of Learning, by Richard Vedder.

“Since about 1980, the price tag of attending university has soared faster than overall inflation and the growth of family incomes.”

From 1840 through 1978- a period when federal aid was nonexistent or very modest-inflation-adjusted tuition rose about 1% a year.  Since then, federal data show, college tuition has been rising roughly 3% a year.  If tuition after 1978 had grown only as fast as it did in the preceding four decades, going to college today would cost half what it does.”

Instead, aid programs were expanded even more.  They are now 10 times as large as they were in 1970, adjusting for inflation.  Some $158 billion is spent annually on student aid, and more than 40 million Americans have student loans, according to the College Board.  Total student debt has reached $1.3 trillion, and despite extremely liberal repayment terms, loan delinquencies are substantial.  The Education department reports that a majority of borrowers at over 1,000 institutions repaid nothing in the three years after finishing school.  A January report states that the number of student debtors older than 60 has quadrupled  in a decade.”

The federal student aid is determined from family income records, however the proportion of recent college graduates from the bottom quartile of income distribution has fallen significantly since 1970.  Federal programs also have no educational performance standards, meaning they don’t give students an incentive to work hard.  As college enrollments continue to grow, they have aggravated a large underemployment problem.  More university grads are taking unskilled jobs as baristas or Uber drivers.
Perhaps the federal government should get out of the student aid business.  Washington doesn’t have the financial discipline to pay its own bills fully.  Why should it borrow money to send moderately affluent Americans to school?  “

Questions to ponder for creating a more effective plan……

Should schools have some skin in the game? If a school’s drop out rate or their percent of student’s who fail to repay their loans increases to a point that the delinquent debt becomes taxpayers burden, then should they have to pay a “tax” to the government to help cover the costs?

2.  Should students have a limited number of years they can receive free grant assistance?  
    Should all graduate or professional education be subsidized?  

3.  Should increased minimum wage rates apply to college graduates who have accepted    
     federal aid and made no attempts at repayment?

4.  Should  college aid be tied to least modest academic expectations?  If a student’s GPA
    drops  below  say, a 2.0 where their prospect of success becomes remote, should their
    assistance be cut off?  

Kendra
Oh my goodness! You are espousing personal responsibility and individual gumption. You cannot do that. That's un-American. Giv'em, giv'em, giv'em, ... whoever they are and don't complain about your taxes. Giv'em.
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox



Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-11-17
Age : 64
Location : Goessel, Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 am

When we start worrying about/protesting the dumping of more than a trillion dollars a year down that rat hole that is the military is the day I become concerned about the cost of education. We are dunces who are easily duped. I would contend that all those monies being spent on "education" can be added to the military expenditures...because we sure ain't gettin' any smarter.
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit



Posts : 303
Join date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:57 am

outsidethebox wrote:
When we start worrying about/protesting the dumping of more than a trillion dollars a year down that rat hole that is the military is the day I become concerned about the cost of education. We are dunces who are easily duped. I would contend that all those monies being spent on "education" can be added to the military expenditures...because we sure ain't gettin' any smarter.

I'm with you. Funny thing is, the educational funding (cheap student loans I mean) has obviously generated its own analog to the military-industrial complex. Make the money available, then there are jobs that are in charge of administering the loans, increased enrollment at schools because the money allows poor kids to go to school who couldn't before, more teaching jobs at the schools to teach the bigger crowd, big effect on college community, real estate, etc, and on and on.

Same kind of lack of ability to control spending largely because there are too many diverse constituents-- you simply hurt huge chunks of the population when you cut out what might be objectively called "waste"-- but my waste might be someone else's job. I don't know if some smart bureaucrat designs it that way, or if it all just creeps out, but once student loan funding effects, what, maybe a tenth of the people in every county in the country-- its a big deal.

Not sure how any of this gets fixed of course. It'd certainly involve picking winners and losers, and be very painful.
Back to top Go down
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 am

Mean Spirit wrote:
outsidethebox wrote:
When we start worrying about/protesting the dumping of more than a trillion dollars a year down that rat hole that is the military is the day I become concerned about the cost of education. We are dunces who are easily duped. I would contend that all those monies being spent on "education" can be added to the military expenditures...because we sure ain't gettin' any smarter.

I'm with you.  Funny thing is, the educational funding (cheap student loans I mean) has obviously generated its own analog to the military-industrial complex.  Make the money available, then there are jobs that are in charge of administering the loans, increased enrollment at schools because the money allows poor kids to go to school who couldn't before, more teaching jobs at the schools to teach the bigger crowd, big effect on college community, real estate, etc, and on and on.

Same kind of lack of ability to control spending largely because there are too many diverse constituents-- you simply hurt huge chunks of the population when you cut out what might be objectively called "waste"-- but my waste might be someone else's job.  I don't know if some smart bureaucrat designs it that way, or if it all just creeps out, but once student loan funding effects, what, maybe a tenth of the people in every county in the country-- its a big deal.

Not sure how any of this gets fixed of course.  It'd certainly involve picking winners and losers, and be very painful.
It is a cancer.
Back to top Go down
RobertMac



Posts : 262
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Mississippi, USA

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 am

The cancer is the lack of control/transparency over the spending of taxpayer dollars.
Whenever the Federal Government gets involved in anything, the taxpayer loses.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 am

I now want to say a few words upon a topic which I often think is not quite sufficiently dealt with by Rationalists, and that is the question whether Christ was the best and the wisest of men. It is generally taken for granted that we shall all agree that that was so. I do not myself. I think that there are a good many points upon which I agree with Christ a great deal more than the professing Christians do. I do not know that I could go with Him all the way, but I could go with Him much farther than most professing Christians can. You will remember that He said: ‘Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.’ That is not a new precept or a new principle. It was used by Lao-Tze and Buddha some five or six hundred years before Christ, but it is not a principle which as a matter of fact Christians accept. I have no doubt that the present Prime Minister,1 [footnote 1. Stanley Baldwin.] for instance, is a most sincere Christian, but I should not advise any of you to go and smite him on one cheek. I think you might find that he thought this text was intended in a figurative sense.
Then there is another point which I consider is excellent. You will remember that Christ said: ‘Judge not lest ye be judged.’ That principle I do not think you would find was popular in the law courts of Christian countries. I have known in my time quite a number of judges who were very earnest Christians, and they none of them felt that they were acting contrary to Christian principles in what they did. Then Christ says: ‘Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.’ That is a very good principle.
Your Chairman has reminded you that we are not here to talk politics, but I cannot help observing that the last general election was fought on the question of how desirable it was to turn away from him that would borrow of thee, so that one must assume that the Liberals and Conservatives of this country are composed of people who do not agree with the teaching of Christ, because they certainly did very emphatically turn away on that occasion.
Then there is one other maxim of Christ which I think has a great deal in it, but I do not find that it is very popular among some of our Christian friends. He says: ‘If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor.’ That is a very excellent maxim, but, as I say, it is not much practised. All these, I think, are good maxims, although they are a little difficult to live up to. I do not profess to live up to them myself; but then after all, it is not quite the same thing as for a Christian. Bertrand Russell
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM



Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-09-24
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:24 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I now want to say a few words upon a topic which I often think is not quite sufficiently dealt with by Rationalists, and that is the question whether Christ was the best and the wisest of men. It is generally taken for granted that we shall all agree that that was so. I do not myself. I think that there are a good many points upon which I agree with Christ a great deal more than the professing Christians do. I do not know that I could go with Him all the way, but I could go with Him much farther than most professing Christians can. You will remember that He said: ‘Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.’ That is not a new precept or a new principle. It was used by Lao-Tze and Buddha some five or six hundred years before Christ, but it is not a principle which as a matter of fact Christians accept. I have no doubt that the present Prime Minister,1 [footnote 1. Stanley Baldwin.] for instance, is a most sincere Christian, but I should not advise any of you to go and smite him on one cheek. I think you might find that he thought this text was intended in a figurative sense.
Then there is another point which I consider is excellent. You will remember that Christ said: ‘Judge not lest ye be judged.’ That principle I do not think you would find was popular in the law courts of Christian countries. I have known in my time quite a number of judges who were very earnest Christians, and they none of them felt that they were acting contrary to Christian principles in what they did. Then Christ says: ‘Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.’ That is a very good principle.
Your Chairman has reminded you that we are not here to talk politics, but I cannot help observing that the last general election was fought on the question of how desirable it was to turn away from him that would borrow of thee, so that one must assume that the Liberals and Conservatives of this country are composed of people who do not agree with the teaching of Christ, because they certainly did very emphatically turn away on that occasion.
Then there is one other maxim of Christ which I think has a great deal in it, but I do not find that it is very popular among some of our Christian friends. He says: ‘If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor.’ That is a very excellent maxim, but, as I say, it is not much practised. All these, I think, are good maxims, although they are a little difficult to live up to. I do not profess to live up to them myself; but then after all, it is not quite the same thing as for a Christian. Bertrand Russell
Cherry picking quotes of anything never proved much other than the writer found a bit of stuff that he could appreciate with his ego. Who do we quote? The particular statements of a writer who agrees with us.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Philosophy asks the questions that may never be answered, and religion gives answers that can never be questioned. ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Bob H



Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : SW Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 am

And thru his grace we are saved because we could not be saved thru our own works because he made us human.

Thank you Christ
Bob H
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox



Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-11-17
Age : 64
Location : Goessel, Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:36 am

It is impossible to judge the value of religion-any religion. People of great religious fervor, of all persuasions-including no persuasion, have exacted the most hideous acts in the recorded history of the human race. (I challenge you to peruse the Martyrs Mirror.) And folks of all these persuasions have done great things as well. The older, and possibly wiser, I get the less "fervent" I get. I have pretty much become a "non-believer" in there being any core value in religion...any religion. The Judeo-based religions certainly rely on a faith that is not based upon rational thought. (I know little about the other great world religions.) And to that end I believe it is fine if you wish to believe in this, de facto, irrationality. But please do not define the heaven-worthiness of others based upon the hoops you have set for yourselves.

Here's the deal: WE DO NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can we not accept this fact???????????????? Empirical evidence, rational thought and critical thinking defies us having any hard definition of "God". Not knowing does not make one good or bad in this regard. We seem to have been created by some power at some time...with some sense of goodness and evil set within us. Treating people with kindness, dignity and respect is "all" that is required to be a good person...and I don't think "God" gives a damn about all the hoops we have otherwise constructed. What I can appreciate about the teachings of Jesus is that it pretty much reflects this.

I no longer argue about this. I accept that I do not know...and I also know that you do not know SmileSmileSmile And you can tell me repeatedly that I am wrong but I will just SmileSmileSmile...because, well-you guessed it, I know that you do not know...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:18 am

and to bring it back into a cattle breeding perspective, no religion, government, or cattle breeder has made much impact without promising a miracle...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Bob H



Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : SW Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Outside the box I know that I am saved and anyone can be all they have to do is have faith and believe that he died for them.

Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 pm

the battle between the ecclesiastics and the emperors for power continues; the cherry picking the ecclesiastics will do to have some relevancy in a scientific society amuse me ...just as compromise is necessary to have any relevancy in cattle breeding; I have none...
having met Bob, the nice thing is he will profess his beliefs with a smile on his face, and I`ll listen or question them with a smile on my face, and that is human progress for some of us freedom loving people from the era the armies brought along the priests to convert and save the survivors of the battles for their homelands...whoops, that battle still rages...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
outsidethebox



Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-11-17
Age : 64
Location : Goessel, Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Bob H wrote:
Outside the box I know that I am saved and anyone can be all they have to do is have faith and believe that he died for them.

Bob H
Bless you Bob...I hope you find peace and joy in your assurance.
Back to top Go down
jonken



Posts : 115
Join date : 2011-12-17
Location : nemo

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Not sure how any of this gets fixed of course. It'd certainly involve picking winners and losers, and be very painful.

Not sure of a solution either.  It seems the current system already has winners and losers and for the losers, it seems to already be very painful.    The winners keep on keeping on with true philanthropic fashion.  Our culture has endorsed “higher education” as the only respectable way to enter adult society creating “fear” and “doubt” for any young person who dares to go against the status quo.  Fear invoked from the belief that without a college degree, one is doomed to be stuck in minimum wage jobs with little hope of promotion has created this very thing as evidenced by the number of senior citizens still in debt with student loans.  Seems the pathway promoted as “opportunity” has discretely provided “opportunity” for colleges and universities to leverage young people’s ambition for sustainment of institutions with 40% graduation rates, professors exceeding $200,000 salaries, and 90 -100% student loan repayment defaults.    Deceit and conning has and will always be an option for individuals or a group to profit from,  which is why it has always been more fascinating to observe the mechanism or vehicle of marketing used to accomplish it.  Fear of being left behind, ignored, unvalued, unpaid, unrewarded, unemployed, second best,  or the promise of distinguished wealth, status, power, intellect, or prestige, one thing is for sure….. it is ALWAYS about the emotion or experience and not about the acquisition of the good or service being marketed.  The line between a service and a good is often blurred beyond recognition during marketing.  

Marketing emotions sow dissatisfaction, increases our feeling of missing out, and purchasing offers a momentary respite from that dissatisfaction.  Most of that dissatisfaction is about more vs. enough as we are tricked to expect quick and neat resolutions to problems and we start thinking short-term and care about now instead of later.  

Religion is not spared the influence of emotion either, or at least from my observations.   Emotions, experiences, upbringings, desires, greed, hardships and every other emotion  available to mankind does and has influenced one’s interpretation and beliefs toward religion.  A universal struggle seems to be defining where the line is that separates God’s will from man’s will.  

Deception is everywhere and what a wonderful opportunity, perhaps disguised as "technologically advanced", than the following ad found in the most recent publication of Seed Stock Edge,  a magazine provided through  the National Swine Registry.   The Seedstock EDGE’s purpose (taken from the website) " is to promote breeders’ genetics and highlight success by giving you the most current information of show and sale results as well as the latest production tips and trends."



One can only hope the surgery and corrective foot care can produce a purple ribbon in the green saw dust show ring.  Appear unselfish by mentoring a young 4-H  or  FFA person by offering to sell them parent stock from the champion’s  lineage  so they can raise their own champion next year.  I’m predicting it would go something like… “ This hasn’t been an easy decision, but we have decided  to extend the opportunity to share our best and most proven sows for sale to you while they are in their prime.   These sows are unmatched in depth of quality and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these sows have paved the way for our success and quite literally, it is these sows that we know will give you the advantage next year in the show ring.”  Blah….blah…blah.  No mention of the surgery done to correct the defective genetics, or the absolute lack of integrity and character with such intentions.  
Promote the ribbon, promote the sale, and promote the emotion of being valued, cared for, and included in the “winner’s circle, if needed, justify it because after all…… it is a sacrifice done in the name of supporting today’s youth.
Kendra
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:14 am

our most favored "conservative" ky ag politician warren beeler runs about over the country judging these pig shows, and is highly praised for his message to the youth...if you cannot impose a self-instituted exile from this crowd, don`t worry, speak up, they will do it for you...
Kendra, why should I or you still care ??? my god TP, help me get over the need for recognition from a group of people whose actions I despise Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 am

MKeeney wrote:
our most favored "conservative" ky ag politician warren beeler runs about over the country judging these pig shows, and is highly praised for his message to the youth...if you cannot impose a self-instituted exile from this crowd, don`t worry, speak up, they will do it for you...
  Kendra, why should I or you still care ??? my god TP, help me get over the need for recognition from a group of people whose actions  I despise  Question  Question  Question

maybe a question is the answer

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:14 pm

MKeeney wrote:

and the answer is "What is St. Patrick`s Day" ?

http://archive.org/stream/principlesoflive905wrig/principlesoflive905wrig_djvu.txt
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin


Posts : 4007
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:28 pm

cooperation...imagination...everybody believes in money...the new useless class of people... ...by the author of Sapiens; A Brief History of Humankind {damned vegan}
truth always amuses more than fiction

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yuval+noah+harari&view=detail&mid=FC39432FA653D3C62E45FC39432FA653D3C62E45&FORM=VIRE
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thought provoking excerpts   

Back to top Go down
 
Thought provoking excerpts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Thought provoking excerpts
» Just thought i'd throw this out there..
» A word in your ear:Thought
» Wierd thought
» Thought for the day.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Whatever-
Jump to: