Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC     Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Bob H wrote:
Eddie as far as I know this is one thread to continue on with the true line vision. The reason that we stay in business is because of true lines. We do not deceive our customer whether it is a bull buyer, bred heifer buyer, raiser of calves or end product producer we try to help them make the most return that  they can on what they have to offer from our genetics.  We do not advertise on a bill board or a bull shit cattle magazine. What we do is try to have a market for what they produce before they produce it. This way we can all win. And what I know about the Shoshone bloodline that we represent is they will make outstanding cows and that is all credited to the fellow that this site was founded on.  

Bob, great pics on your facebook pages...
https://www.facebook.com/Howard-Ranch-Idaho-118675821543408/?hc_ref=SEARCH
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC     Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:19 am

MKeeney wrote:
Bob H wrote:
Eddie as far as I know this is one thread to continue on with the true line vision. The reason that we stay in business is because of true lines. We do not deceive our customer whether it is a bull buyer, bred heifer buyer, raiser of calves or end product producer we try to help them make the most return that  they can on what they have to offer from our genetics.  We do not advertise on a bill board or a bull shit cattle magazine. What we do is try to have a market for what they produce before they produce it. This way we can all win. And what I know about the Shoshone bloodline that we represent is they will make outstanding cows and that is all credited to the fellow that this site was founded on.  

Bob, great pics on your facebook pages...
https://www.facebook.com/Howard-Ranch-Idaho-118675821543408/?hc_ref=SEARCH

Bob, good enough. But you have to have customers coming in to replace the ones that have bought the last cows and bull they will ever need from you. How do you find the new needy folks or better yet, how do new folks find you. Not here, I doubt, in the choir room.
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC     Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:24 am

Mike,
You mention people shouldn't be lazy. Maybe with so many people asking about bulls this Fall I need to come down early Spring and get a few of your extra bulls and bring up here as we did years ago.
In the past week just week just as freezer beef starting to go on full feed 2 got picked for use. I guess not so much a liability to keeping them bulls after all.

Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC     Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 am

Just like Mark Day said he thinks he will need more bulls next year. We tell people the truth and help sell their cattle. Not everyone wants to raise bulls, we sold a fellow 70 char/angus first calf heifers with Akaushi calves in their belly with the agreement to buy back the calves. We also sold him 4 Akaushi Bulls. We do not sell currently any straight Shoshone Hfrs because we breed them all and increase our personal cow herd because they have so much value to us. We cut the bulls that will have to have more time and mix them with the charx calves they bring a premium in the commodity market. We grow all of our Akaushi/ Angus and Angus/Char/ Akaushi until finished for our beef business . What we have found is that these half Akaushi cross cattle off of grass eat like candy thru our Grass-fed program. We also have 50 bulls that we will sell at our sale on April 15th. This sale model has worked well in the past as we only have to mess with bulls for one day and it helps to keep our cost down. This year we will price the Bulls at 1700 dollars because of the drain that has happened in the Commercial cattle business.

All of this has been done thru word of mouth and Gods will. So it appears to me if you truly believe in God, trueline, and telling the truth that you will be alright.

Speaking of truth that Pam is the one who runs the facebook page and I probably need to look more often as she made me cry this morning when I finally took time to look. She is truly a gift from God.
Pam and that Larry Leonhardt were truly connected.
Bob H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC     

Back to top Go down

reposting Continuation, Content, Costs etc of KC 
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2