Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:27 pm

pukerimu wrote:
 really looking forward to the US borders being closed

We're not - with essentially only 2 packers in Canada (Cargill and JBS) whose only interest has been shipping product into the US the future doesn't look too rosy. Good job we personally can sell most of our cattle out with the commodity system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
pukerimu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:35 pm

I don't see it happening myself (borders closing that is) .......... world trade and world peace are too entwined nowadays. I suppose Trump may just be ignorant and arrogant enough not to realise that but surely his advisors will not be - unless he has only family advising him that is? It will be interesting to see who are protesting the hardest in 6 months - those that did not vote for him or those that did ..............
Back to top Go down
http://www.mtmableangus.co.nz
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:11 am

would be just a cow here; finds her way into a photo among all those seed savers? you don`t need seed savers when the seed renews itself with regularity...
had to laugh about this comment about some ole unproven Canadian bull "wish I could get semen"...cattle breeding is not about back in time; it is about
going forward without screwing up...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1160025697378127&set=a.944830912230941.1073741827.100001121223406&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:08 am

MKeeney wrote:
this was the classic post of that trade thread...wouldn`t you like buying bulls there? the anti-welfare conservative? can`t seem
to cope his own welfare status...thx again to ewg.org

Dru Uden Eat that shit from Brazil and when you get sick and die I will be the first in line to piss on your grave

the protagonist wasn`t me, one far more adept Smile

I laughed my ass off when he said that, but I also really liked when he said TC Ranch's welfare only came to just $100,000 a year on average. EWG is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:10 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
pukerimu wrote:
 really looking forward to the US borders being closed

We're not - with essentially only 2 packers in Canada (Cargill and JBS) whose only interest has been shipping product into the US the future doesn't look too rosy. Good job we personally can sell most of our cattle out with the commodity system.

I noticed Mr. Burke didn't mention shutting down Canada in his post. I guess because a bad seedstock market in Canada is a bit too close to his bank account.
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:17 am

pukerimu wrote:
I don't see it happening myself (borders closing that is) .......... world trade and world peace are too entwined nowadays.  I suppose Trump may just be ignorant and arrogant enough not to realise that but surely his advisors will not be - unless he has only family advising him that is?  It will be interesting to see who are protesting the hardest in 6 months - those that did not vote for him or those that did ..............

Seedstock people might dream that a closed border is going to help the cattle business, and it might briefly. (The next time cows are routinely selling for $3-4 K each, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bank some embryos and semen and sell out-- maybe May 2017?).

But the US exports a lot of ag products, and US consumers love cheap foreign-made consumer goods. Closing the border is going to imperil all of that-- there is no reason to think that most of the world is interested in entering trade deals with the US that are bad for them-- this ain't 1955- they can all take their business elsewhere.

And, obviously, if it even does work like Burke hopes it does, the price of beef to the consumer will go way up. What are they gonna do? They're gonna buy less beef. We know that. 100%.
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 pm

My observation on why cool worked. A grocery store beef business I only about 4% of the store business and they did not have time or the will to stock 2 different products domestic and foreign so they just stocked U S A and marked it up to make their margins. It was great for the U S A cow calf producer. Now we are a in a world market that is controlled by J B S who's driver is margins are per hd basis on a world wide market (more head more money). It is also interesting that this change was brought about by the WTO whom we Americans never voted in or have any say over. (Globalization) No wonder we uneducated rural people have demanded change to take back our country. I do not say this to argue with any one as I believe every one in our representative Republic has equal rights and the ability for free speech. But from a grassroots fellow from Idaho that believes that only true wealth can come from the earth it is a breath of fresh air.

Bob Howard
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 pm

MKeeney wrote:
would be just a cow here; finds her way into a photo among all those seed savers? you don`t need seed savers when the seed renews itself with regularity...
had to laugh about this comment about some ole unproven Canadian bull "wish I could get semen"...cattle breeding is not about back in time; it is about
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1160025697378127&set=a.944830912230941.1073741827.100001121223406&type=3&theater

To be fair, the "seed savers" were a nice group of cows. I liked the KA sired cow in the picture best though.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Mean Spirit wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

To be fair, the "seed savers" were a nice group of cows. I liked the KA sired cow in the picture best though.

I skimmed a few on the video and thought the same; stay away from the OCC stuff and it`ll be good as any...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Bob H wrote:
My observation on why cool worked. A grocery store beef business I only about 4% of the store business and they did not have time or the will to stock 2 different products domestic and foreign  so they just stocked U S A and marked it up to make their margins. It was great for the U S A cow calf producer. Now we are a in a world market that is controlled by J B S who's driver is margins are per hd basis on a world wide market (more head more money). It is also interesting that this change was brought about by the WTO whom we Americans never voted in or have any say over. (Globalization) No wonder we uneducated rural people have demanded change to take back our country. I do not say this to argue with any one as I believe every one in our representative Republic has equal rights and the ability for free speech. But from a grassroots fellow from Idaho that believes that only true wealth can come from the earth it is a breath of fresh air.

Bob Howard

logic could support your observation; government is not going to let beef/food get any more expensive than necessary when 100% eat and 2% produce...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:33 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I`ve got 100 females for sale, and based on the below, you better buy them now...

Dear Fellow Angus Breeders,
The elections are over whether or not you voted for Donald Trump is now history. We must get behind him and move forward. If he does what he said he would do in closing the borders to imports, such as red meat, protein if you wish, and stopping product coming in from Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and Argentina, get ready for the wildest cattle demand that you have ever seen. If he does this we all better start building our cattle inventory. We can only pray that he will follow through on these promises. Congratulations to the President-Elect on his victory!
Cheers,
Tom Burke

having to pray after voting for my choice seems a bit paradoxical to me...

After a lifetime of trying to improve cattle, already getting the feeling tonight that selling ALL the replacement bred heifers is akin to selling a piece of your soul;
the devil has until 9AM tomorrow to place a contending bid; I only heard from him once today when I missed a four foot putt on number nine, I offered cheap, but he just keep laughing instead bidding, why buy what you can have for free?

at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KBQLgeKRbg
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:15 pm

What I have learned lately surprised me greatly as I have always believed that the American farmer/ rancher would some day feed the world. The truth is that there is close to 8 billion people on this planet with 7 billion of those in food insecurity not because of food or money shortage in any country but corruption. Why as an American producer should I short me or my family. If I should be upset it should be in politics not business. I truly believe in a Representative Republic form of Government but am flabbergasted at why it does not spread. Bob Howard
Back to top Go down
pukerimu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:33 pm

I think your numbers might be off - the entire population of China has no food security issues - their Government has trillions of dollars in reserve and they will use them for food security - a fed population is a pliant / content population. They are completely open about this - those that deal in commodity trade deals have to expect that they will be manipulated mercilessly by this amount of buying power - the Chinese Government does not care whether Joe Farmer is making a living in the US or NZ, simple whether Mrs Xiu can go to the market, buy what she wants for her family and be happy doing so.

I have long believed that NZ with it's tiny little impact on the global trade situation and complete exposure to the global trade situation should stop selling commodity milk and meat (with the more is better mentality) and start focusing on producing and marketing quality premium all grass fed GMO free product.

I fail to see how Trump's posturing and insinuations that all US trade partners are somehow ripping off the US dream, diminishing the US so much that it has to be made great again, selling the US short and somehow taking the country away so that it has to be taken back again through NAFTA et al is conducive to cordial and reciprocal trade deals being done - time will tell I guess.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:20 am

Bob H wrote:
What I have learned lately surprised me greatly as I have always believed that the American farmer/ rancher would some day feed the world. The truth is that there is close to 8 billion people on this planet with 7 billion of those in food insecurity not because of food or money shortage in any country but corruption. Why as an American producer should I short me or my family. If I should be upset it should be in politics not business. I truly believe in a Representative Republic form of Government but am flabbergasted at why it does not spread.  Bob Howard

according to our newly elected repub Commissioner of Ag, one in five children, one in six adults in Ky suffer from food insecurity...and of course, he`s going to fix it...with our money, not his...here`s an Obama turned Trump EKY voter looking to government for answers when a first easy answer is on the table in front of her...

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am

pukerimu wrote:
............I fail to see how Trump's posturing and insinuations that all US trade partners are somehow ripping off the US dream, diminishing the US so much that it has to be made great again, selling the US short and somehow taking the country away so that it has to be taken back again through NAFTA et al is conducive to cordial and reciprocal trade deals being done - time will tell I guess.

Like most politicians the real goal isn't to strive to achieve the dream they portray - it's merely to get elected. Rather like most cattle breeders - they don't really care too much about the effect on their customers herd, just that they get a bull sale.

Bob H you got the figures turned around - it was reckoned to be 1 billion of the 8 billion total that suffer food insecurity, not 7 out of 8. With the North American obesity epidemic and accompanying health issues I wouldn't be seeking to extend our model around the world as a successful solution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
RobertMac

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:45 am

Does KC have a "safe zone"?

Looks like too many believe what the DNC or main stream media are putting out.
Oh wait, they are one in the same!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
I`ve got 100 females for sale, and based on the below, you better buy them now...

Dear Fellow Angus Breeders,
The elections are over whether or not you voted for Donald Trump is now history. We must get behind him and move forward. If he does what he said he would do in closing the borders to imports, such as red meat, protein if you wish, and stopping product coming in from Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and Argentina, get ready for the wildest cattle demand that you have ever seen. If he does this we all better start building our cattle inventory. We can only pray that he will follow through on these promises. Congratulations to the President-Elect on his victory!
Cheers,
Tom Burke

having to pray after voting for my choice seems a bit paradoxical to me...

After a lifetime of trying to improve cattle, already getting the feeling tonight that selling ALL the replacement bred heifers is akin to selling a piece of your soul;
the devil has until 9AM tomorrow to place a contending bid; I only heard from him once today when I missed a four foot putt on number nine, I offered cheap, but he just keep laughing instead bidding, why buy what you can have for free?

at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KBQLgeKRbg

how nice to sell 50 head and lighten the labor requirements; still keep the nucleus in tact; for no other reason than the pride and self-satisfaction of personal accomplishment; and prove that you can get real registered price without jumping through government hoops and creating a useless paper pedigree; THX to long time customers who will pay for REAL VALUE  in the real world of commercial production who have no use for the CON GAME of sales managers, paper rarity whether numbers or names, or little clipped up club calf heifers that resemble a big sheep more than a working cow... cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:46 pm

RobertMac wrote:
Does KC have a "safe zone"?

Looks like too many believe what the DNC or main stream media are putting out.
Oh wait, they are one in the same!

the first worn out, old excuse has been registered...the rest of us will find reasons to discuss...
Back to top Go down
pukerimu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:55 pm

It is my natural tendency to distrust most media sources - I like to rely on my own analysis and research - as much as I distrust the media I most certainly completely distrust megalomaniacs who constantly harp on about the evils of free media, suggest that the media should somehow be controlled in what they can and cannot report, publicly and on multiple occasions praise and confess to admiring Putin (?????????? enormous red flag there my friends) and go on to appoint publicly self confessed racists and bigots to positions of power. If the KKK (again publicly stated - no media conspiracy here folks) are so happy with the election result any reasonable and unprejudiced person should be feeling just a little anxious - then again not my circus not my monkeys. Give me earthquakes any day ........................
Back to top Go down
RobertMac

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 pm

pukerimu wrote:
It is my natural tendency to distrust most media sources - I like to rely on my own analysis and research - as much as I distrust the media I most certainly completely distrust megalomaniacs who constantly harp on about the evils of free media, suggest that the media should somehow be controlled in what they can and cannot report, publicly and on multiple occasions praise and confess to admiring Putin (?????????? enormous red flag there my friends) and go on to appoint publicly self confessed racists and bigots to positions of power.  If the KKK (again publicly stated - no media conspiracy here folks) are so happy with the election result any reasonable and unprejudiced person should be feeling just a little anxious - then again not my circus not my monkeys.  Give me earthquakes any day ........................

I googled several of your points about Trump. Almost all the hits were from sites that, admittedly (per Wikileaks), are anti-Trump. Isn't it difficult to find honest research?

Time will tell the truth on Trump.

How did a trade agreement that is fair for the USA become "closed borders"?
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:40 pm

I was wrong, the person that I was visiting was also wrong. The truth from Google is only 800 million are food insecure looks like no need to worry.
Back to top Go down
pukerimu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Hmmmm - when the words come out of the man's actual mouth I fail to see how I need Google or Wikipedia to confirm my own analysis.  At the end of the day only time will tell what the history books have to say about this era in world politics.

45% tariffs on goods from China may not spell closed borders to some but I am sure the Chinese will take a different view.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Thursday, November 10, 2016
VERY LATE BREAKING NEWS! On Saturday, February 4, 2017, there will be a Complete and Total Dispersal of the Champion Hill herd in Bidwell, Ohio. Over 1,000 head. Every last animal will sell: partnership cattle, donors, embryos and semen. It will be the last day of Champion Hill. It promises to be one of the landmark sales in the 140 year history of the Angus breed.

On Saturday, January 28, 2017, over 1,000 head will sell in the Complete and Total Dispersal of Bob & Marianne Kavli’s herd at Wray, Colorado. They are retiring and every last animal will sell without exception, rich in the best of Connealy and Gardiner breeding.

Don’t forget, with the election of Donald Trump and his promise of closing the borders, no more imported beef. Our very best days are ahead.

Regards,
Tom Burke

Megan, does your accent may it difficult for you to say, CHIN-NA, CHIN-NA, CHIN-NA? Smile we may get so beef short and expensive in the USA that lots of these registered cows will go to slaughter {where many should been long ago} Smile
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 pm

This has gotten way off center from what I wanted folks to look up. If anyone happens to be interested you should compare the beef price charts from Brazil for the last 5 years with the USA they seem to be drastically different. Almost to the day of OCt 2014 when Brazil took off to June 2015 when USA began to decline. I do not have any idea or think that this election will rectify this. What I do no is that we have our own beef company now and Americans like to support American ranchers and I thank god that I live in a free country.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Bob H wrote:
This has gotten way off center from what I wanted folks to look up. If anyone happens to be interested you should compare the beef price charts from Brazil for the last 5 years with the USA they seem to be drastically different.  Almost to the day of OCt 2014 when Brazil took off to June 2015 when USA began to decline. I do not have any idea or think that this election will rectify this. What I do no is that we have our own beef company now and Americans like to support American ranchers and I thank god that I live in a free country.

links of comparison? to get back on tract Bob, clarify oct 2014 and Brazil taking off? COOL ended and Brazil started up? when did JBS buy ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   

Back to top Go down

2016 Keeney Angus Bull Sale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next