Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:00 am

Yes we have been gap 4 for a number of years. It takes some time for the audit. If you are not going into a program it would be hard to justify. I believe that the cattle sold on videos do bring enough premium. The gap 4 fits us as we never lock anything up to feed. Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience   Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 pm

http://www.beefusa.org/cattlemenswebinarseries.aspx

everyone get their questions ready...my first will be "why isn`t Bob Howard on the program"? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
C.S.Cunningham

PostSubject: Re: Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience   Wed May 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I just finished reading through this thread. Bob, I am intrigued by your program of trueline F1 brood cows as that is precisely the direction I want to head. A core off maternal cows utilized to create F1 replacements for a terminal three way cross.

I am curious to know why you selected the Charolais as the second leg of the three way cross. Was it for muscling and frame? I am still focusing on my core herd, but am beginning to research which breed will best compliment my Red Poll cattle for that F1 cross. MARC has offered the Hereford as an ideal candidate for crossing with the Red Poll, but with little explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience   

Back to top Go down

Update from Howard ranch on our true line experience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4