Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Howard ranch heifer calves for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob H

PostSubject: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale   Wed May 07, 2014 8:39 pm

We are going to offer 220 heifer calves for fall delivery. They are at least 3/4 Shoshone X strain and we are not going to keep any replacement heifers out of this group. We would like to have 1500 dollars for them weaned for 45 days and delivered between Dec 10 to Dec 20 2014. If any one is interested please give me a call at 208 590 2651. Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale   Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 am

Bob,
I enjoy how you price those western cattle; because I also enjoy being a cheapass  Very Happy I`ve weaned and put on pasture fifty fall {sept-oct} heifers averaging 550lb ...$62,500 will find them a new home and the grass can just grow tall for fall  Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale   Mon May 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Mike I priced them that way after I ran some spring calving heifers to $2725 with 150 pound calves at their side and did not get them bought, they were for a customer not me. I then went and looked thru a set of heifers that we are breeding right now, about one third are our home raised Shoshone- Howard heifers there is no comparison in phenotype or cow look to them. So why would you not price them at the top of the market. There are 635 heifers in that field and what a testament to True-line breeding. Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale   Mon May 19, 2014 9:40 pm

pretty wild stuff Bob...char cross cows with calves brought 2450 at the sale barn here Saturday...I can`t stay up to the market; I mostly just posted to remind my customers what good deals they are getting from me  Cool ; just spreading the tax burden around  Very Happy I sure hope you get them sold for every penny of it; look at what these registered mongrels bring ...no comparison in breeding or production value to what you have...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Bob H wrote:
Mike I priced them that way after I ran some spring calving heifers to $2725 with 150 pound calves at their side and did not get them bought, they were for a customer not me. I then went and looked thru a set of heifers that we are breeding right now, about one third are our home raised Shoshone- Howard heifers there is no comparison in phenotype or cow look to them. So why would you not price them at the top of the market. There are 635 heifers in that field and what a testament to True-line breeding. Bob H

Bob, you may need to raise your price  Smile 

Stanford, KY today...heifers...
Groups of 20 head or more:
81 HD MIX 550 LBS 212.00
47 HD BLK 550 LBS 213.50
72 HD BLK/CHAR 757 LBS 188.75
64 HD BLK/CHAR 790 LBS 185.75
25 hd mix 815 lbs 172.00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howard ranch heifer calves for sale