Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2014 Great Plains Gathering

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Great Plains Gathering   Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:46 am

Leroy had a nice little Christmas story for me...about a fellow north of him a couple hundred miles who had called to say that he had heard Leroy might have a bull to make cows with...the fellow and a neighbor visit; and instead of one bull, take home two.
which reminds me of another LL story; about a guy from MN who had read about Shoshone via internet forums; the guy calls Larry up, and then drives all the way out in a pickup truck and takes a bull back to MN...and the history of that is still being made and written Smile
We`re dropping a lot of tiny acorns; some are sprouting...it takes a lifetime to grow a mighty oak; maybe more...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Great Plains Gathering   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:22 am

MKeeney wrote:
Leroy had a nice little Christmas story for me...about a fellow north of him a couple hundred miles who had called to say that he had heard Leroy might have a bull to make cows with...the fellow and a neighbor visit; and instead of one bull, take home two.
which reminds me of another LL story; about a guy from MN who had read about Shoshone via internet forums; the guy calls Larry up, and then drives all the way out in a pickup truck and takes a bull back to MN...and the history of that is still being made and written Smile
We`re dropping a lot of tiny acorns; some are sprouting...it takes a lifetime to grow a mighty oak; maybe more...

while the acorns are sprouting; Leroy sells his calves recently in Aberdeen , SD...where the sale barn spends their time touting the "Montana calves" selling at Aberdeen that day {good sale barn promotion on second thought...hauling from MT to sell in Aberdeen}...and at the end of the day, who tops the market in his weight class?
Leroy....not a big deal; lots of non-genetic variables, but not unexpected with Bonsma type steer by-product...but try topping feeder markets with  farao   3 frame and see how low you can go...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
LCP

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Great Plains Gathering   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

while the acorns are sprouting; Leroy sells his calves recently in Aberdeen , SD...where the sale barn spends their time touting the "Montana calves" selling at Aberdeen that day {good sale barn promotion on second thought...hauling from MT to sell in Aberdeen}...and at the end of the day, who tops the market in his weight class?
Leroy....not a big deal; lots of non-genetic variables, but not unexpected with Bonsma type steer by-product...but try topping feeder markets with  farao   3 frame and see how low you can go...

Had I known, and had I the time (which I really haven't) I would have made a trip to see them sell and meet Mr Leroy. Which barn did they sell at? Hub City or Aberdeen Livestock? I'm about 90 mi west of Aberdeen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Great Plains Gathering   

Back to top Go down

2014 Great Plains Gathering
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6