Keeney`s Corner

A reflective and futuristic view of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Developmental Duplication genetic condition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PatB

PostSubject: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Mon 12 Aug 2013, 7:03 pm

link to list of tested bulls and status

http://www.angus.org/Pub/DD/DD_Update08122013.pdf

link to AAA press release on this topic

http://www.angus.org/Pub/DD/DD_Announcement08122013.pdf
Back to top Go down
LCP

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

"Even though pedigree analysis of the calves clearly showed evidence of line breeding,
the molecular analysis revealed nothing that would
have lead us to believe that the condition was
genetic. "

Instills confidence in their abilities, eh?

"Of course, one would not expect a calf
born with five or six legs to become an AI sire..."

Well, not yet anyway.

LCP, waiting for the $LEG index to be unveiled
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 6:14 am

LCP wrote:

Laughing Laughing 

This sure makes Greg Goldens (Cole Creek Angus) catalog line "This herd is free of and has NO 9J9-Precision, NO Fame-Focus, NO 315-036-New Design, and NO Bando 155-Bando 598" that much more significant- and valued...
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 6:25 am

Oldtimer wrote:
LCP wrote:

Laughing Laughing 

This sure makes Greg Goldens (Cole Creek Angus) catalog line "This herd is free of and has NO 9J9-Precision, NO Fame-Focus, NO 315-036-New Design, and NO Bando 155-Bando 598" that much more significant- and valued...
OT, I do not know anything about Greg. But I am curious as to why he is a contact for the Eastern Sinclair Dispersal? Are they linked in some way or does he use their bulls or something? It really isn't a big deal but plain old curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 6:59 am

EddieM wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:
LCP wrote:

Laughing Laughing 

OT, I do not know anything about Greg.  But I am curious as to why he is a contact for the Eastern Sinclair Dispersal?  Are they linked in some way or does he use their bulls or something?  It really isn't a big deal but plain old curiosity.
I don't know.. Almost seems strange since he has commented about an adverse opinion on and never used EXT bloodlines... But both have some old Jorgenson breeding in their herds...

Personally so far I'm pleased with my combining of Sinclair, Jorgenson, EXT, and Cole Creek bloodlines in this bull I am now using...

Sinclair Rito Legacy 3R9 grandson / EXT 4 generations back on the top side--- by a Cole Creek Goldmere 31N/Cole Creek Juanadamere 102R ( C H Quantum 6247 "Cedar") daughter
Back to top Go down
W.T.

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 7:15 am

Far worse defects out there than a self limiting defect. lets look at fertility and feet, poor udders and, poor mothers first then worry about the drama QUEENS. Hell when it is said and done there will be at least a dozen defects to test for. W.T Thinkin the Purebred business has found there new crisis for the year.Surprised Surprised 
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

This genetic challenge/defect is being associated with embryonic death which shows up as a fertility problem. The UC davis is working on another group of markers that could identify more genetic challenges that cause embryonic death.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
LCP wrote:

Laughing Laughing 

why doesn`t he say...if you close breed our cattle, you won`t have any genetic defects?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
EddieM wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:
LCP wrote:

Laughing Laughing 

OT, I do not know anything about Greg.  But I am curious as to why he is a contact for the Eastern Sinclair Dispersal?  Are they linked in some way or does he use their bulls or something?  It really isn't a big deal but plain old curiosity.
I don't know.. Almost seems strange since he has commented about an adverse opinion on and never used EXT bloodlines... But both have some old Jorgenson breeding in their herds...

Personally so far I'm pleased with my combining of Sinclair, Jorgenson, EXT, and Cole Creek bloodlines in this bull I am now using...

Sinclair Rito Legacy 3R9 grandson / EXT 4 generations back on the top side--- by a Cole Creek Goldmere 31N/Cole Creek Juanadamere 102R ( C H Quantum 6247 "Cedar") daughter
North Dakota Will has finally gotten through to OT and convinced him of the merit of composite bulls...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Developmental Duplication genetic condition   Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

PatB wrote:
This genetic defect/defect is being associated with embryonic death which shows up as a fertility problem.   The UC davis is working on another group of markers that could identify more genetic defects that cause embryonic death.  
Pat, who are the people that will be hurt economically by the presence of this defect?
Back to top Go down

Developmental Duplication genetic condition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner ::  :: -